The within-household schooling decision: a study of children in rural Andhra Pradesh
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Ota, Masako & Peter G. Moffatt, 2002. "The Within-household Schooling Decision: A Study of Children in Rural Andhra Pradesh," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2002 152, Royal Economic Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- Becker, Gary S & Lewis, H Gregg, 1973. "On the Interaction between the Quantity and Quality of Children," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 81(2), pages 279-288, Part II, .
- Basu, Kaushik & Foster, James E, 1998. "On Measuring Literacy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(451), pages 1733-1749, November.
- Behrman, Jere R., 1988. "Nutrition, health, birth order and seasonality : Intrahousehold allocation among children in rural India," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 43-62, February.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Christopher Heady, 2003.
"Child Farm Labor: The Wealth Paradox,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 17(2), pages 197-227, December.
- Bhalotra, Sonia & Heady, Christopher, 2001. "Child farm labour : the wealth paradox," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 24088, The World Bank.
- Sonia Bhalotra & Christopher Heady, 2003. "Child Farm Labor: The Wealth Paradox," Bristol Economics Discussion Papers 03/553, Department of Economics, University of Bristol, UK.
- Mueller, Eva, 1984. "The value and allocation of time in rural Botswana," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-3), pages 329-360.
- Kristin F. Butcher & Anne Case, 1994. "The Effect of Sibling Sex Composition on Women's Education and Earnings," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 109(3), pages 531-563.
- Dreze, Jean & Kingdon, Geeta Gandhi, 2001. "School Participation in Rural India," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, February.
- Behrman, Jere R & Taubman, Paul, 1986. "Birth Order, Schooling, and Earnings," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 4(3), pages 121-145, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Francavilla, Francesca & Giannelli, Gianna Claudia & Grilli, Leonardo, 2013.
"Mothers’ Employment and their Children’s Schooling: A Joint Multilevel Analysis for India,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 183-195.
- F. Francavilla & Gianna Claudia Giannelli & Leonardo Grilli, 2010. "Mothers’ Employment and their Children’s Schooling: a Joint Multilevel Analysis for India," Working Papers - Economics wp2010_07.rdf, Universita' degli Studi di Firenze, Dipartimento di Scienze per l'Economia e l'Impresa.
- Chesnokova Tatyana & Vaithianathan Rhema, 2008. "Lucky Last? Intra-Sibling Allocation of Child Labor," The B.E. Journal of Economic Analysis & Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 8(1), pages 1-30, July.
- Akresh, Richard & Edmonds, Eric V., 2010. "The Analytical Returns to Measuring a Detailed Household Roster," IZA Discussion Papers 4759, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:spr:jopoec:v:31:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1007_s00148-017-0668-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Díaz Serrano, Lluís & Pérez, Jessica Helen, 2013.
"Impact of Duration of Primary Education on School Enrollment, Graduation and Drop-outs: A Cross- Country Analysis,"
2072/220757, Universitat Rovira i Virgili, Department of Economics.
- Diaz-Serrano, Luis & Pérez, Jessica, 2013. "Impact of Duration of Primary Education on School Outcomes: A Cross-Country Analysis," IZA Discussion Papers 7793, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Akresh, Richard & Bagby, Emilie & de Walque, Damien & Kazianga, Harounan, 2012. "Child labor, schooling, and child ability," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5965, The World Bank.
- repec:bla:afrdev:v:29:y:2017:i:2:p:223-236 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michal Bauer & Julie Chytilová, 2013.
"Women, Children and Patience: Experimental Evidence from Indian Villages,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 17(4), pages 662-675, November.
- Bauer, Michal & Chytilová, Julie, 2009. "Women, Children and Patience: Experimental Evidence from Indian Villages," IZA Discussion Papers 4241, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kelly Jones, 2014.
"Growing Up Together: Cohort Composition and Child Investment,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 51(1), pages 229-255, February.
- Jones, Kelly M., 2014. "Growing up together: Cohort composition and child investment," MPRA Paper 55182, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:pje:journl:article16winiv is not listed on IDEAS
- Richard Akresh & Emilie Bagby & Damien de Walque & Harounan Kazianga, 2012.
"Child Ability and Household Human Capital Investment Decisions in Burkina Faso,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 61(1), pages 157-186.
- Akresh, Richard & Bagby, Emilie & de Walque, Damien & Kazianga, Harounan, 2010. "Child Ability and Household Human Capital Investment Decisions in Burkina Faso," IZA Discussion Papers 5326, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Akresh, Richard & Bagby, Emilie & de Walque, Damien & Kazianga, Harounan, 2010. "Child ability and household human capital investment decisions in Burkina Faso," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5370, The World Bank.
- Magnus Hatlebakk, 2012. "Son-preference, number of children, education and occupational choice in rural Nepal," CMI Working Papers 8, CMI (Chr. Michelsen Institute), Bergen, Norway.
- Yang, Juan & SICULAR, Terry & LAI, Desheng, 2014. "The changing determinants of high school attainment in rural China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 551-566.
- Zeng, Wu & Undurraga, Eduardo A. & Eisenberg, Dan T.A. & Rubio-Jovel, Karla & Reyes-García, Victoria & Godoy, Ricardo, 2012. "Sibling composition and child educational attainment: Evidence from native Amazonians in Bolivia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 1017-1027.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:29:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1057_s41287-016-0012-0 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsSchooling; Birth order; India; C25; J13;
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- J13 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Fertility; Family Planning; Child Care; Children; Youth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jopoec:v:20:y:2007:i:1:p:223-239. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .