Gratitude and the Reduced Costs of Materialism in Adolescents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. " Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Emily Polak & Michael McCullough, 2006. "Is gratitude an alternative to materialism?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 343-360, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Brenna Hoy & Shannon Suldo & Linda Mendez, 2013. "Links Between Parents’ and Children’s Levels of Gratitude, Life Satisfaction, and Hope," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 1343-1361, August.
- Lili Tian & Minmin Du & E. Huebner, 2015. "The Effect of Gratitude on Elementary School Students’ Subjective Well-Being in Schools: The Mediating Role of Prosocial Behavior," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 887-904, July.
- Izabela Krejtz & John B. Nezlek & Anna Michnicka & Paweł Holas & Marzena Rusanowska, 2016. "Counting One’s Blessings Can Reduce the Impact of Daily Stress," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 25-39, February.
- Liselot Hudders & Mario Pandelaere, 2012. "The Silver Lining of Materialism: The Impact of Luxury Consumption on Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 411-437, June.
- Reuben D. Rusk & Dianne A. Vella-Brodrick & Lea Waters, 2016. "Gratitude or Gratefulness? A Conceptual Review and Proposal of the System of Appreciative Functioning," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 2191-2212, October.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:18:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10902-016-9764-7 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGratitude; Materialism; Well-being; Adolescents; Self-determination theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:12:y:2011:i:2:p:289-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .