Gratitude and the Reduced Costs of Materialism in Adolescents
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. " Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. " A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Emily Polak & Michael McCullough, 2006. "Is gratitude an alternative to materialism?," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 343-360, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Reuben D. Rusk & Dianne A. Vella-Brodrick & Lea Waters, 2016. "Gratitude or Gratefulness? A Conceptual Review and Proposal of the System of Appreciative Functioning," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(5), pages 2191-2212, October.
- repec:spr:jhappi:v:18:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10902-016-9764-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- Brenna Hoy & Shannon Suldo & Linda Mendez, 2013. "Links Between Parents’ and Children’s Levels of Gratitude, Life Satisfaction, and Hope," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 14(4), pages 1343-1361, August.
- repec:spr:chinre:v:9:y:2016:i:2:d:10.1007_s12187-015-9318-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Lili Tian & Minmin Du & E. Huebner, 2015. "The Effect of Gratitude on Elementary School Students’ Subjective Well-Being in Schools: The Mediating Role of Prosocial Behavior," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 122(3), pages 887-904, July.
- Izabela Krejtz & John Nezlek & Anna Michnicka & Paweł Holas & Marzena Rusanowska, 2016. "Counting One’s Blessings Can Reduce the Impact of Daily Stress," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 25-39, February.
- Izabela Krejtz & John B. Nezlek & Anna Michnicka & Paweł Holas & Marzena Rusanowska, 2016. "Counting One’s Blessings Can Reduce the Impact of Daily Stress," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 25-39, February.
- Liselot Hudders & Mario Pandelaere, 2012. "The Silver Lining of Materialism: The Impact of Luxury Consumption on Subjective Well-Being," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 411-437, June.
More about this item
KeywordsGratitude; Materialism; Well-being; Adolescents; Self-determination theory;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jhappi:v:12:y:2011:i:2:p:289-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.