A study of interaction of materialism and money attitude and its impact on car purchase
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lan Nguyen Chaplin & Deborah Roedder John, 2007. "Growing up in a Material World: Age Differences in Materialism in Children and Adolescents," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 34(4), pages 480-493, June.
- Belk, Russell W, 1985. "Materialism: Trait Aspects of Living in the Material World," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(3), pages 265-280, December.
- Wachtel, Paul L. & Blatt, Sidney J., 1990. "Perceptions of economic needs and of anticipated future income," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 403-415, September.
- Churchill, Gilbert A, Jr & Moschis, George P, 1979. "Television and Interpersonal Influences on Adolescent Consumer Learning," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 23-35, June.
- Belk, Russell W., 1995. "Collecting as luxury consumption: Effects on individuals and households," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 477-490, September.
- Ger, Guliz & Belk, Russell W., 1996. "Cross-cultural differences in materialism," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 17(1), pages 55-77, February.
- Jitendra Kumar Mishra & Miriam Tatzel & B.K. Arun & Naseem Abidi, 2014. "Money attitudes as predictors of materialism and compulsive buying, and gender demographics, in the 'new India'," International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 9(3), pages 301-315.
- Richins, Marsha L & Dawson, Scott, 1992. "A Consumer Values Orientation for Materialism and Its Measurement: Scale Development and Validation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(3), pages 303-316, December.
- Belk, Russell W & Bahn, Kenneth D & Mayer, Robert N, 1982. "Developmental Recognition of Consumption Symbolism," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 9(1), pages 4-17, June.
- Lichtenstein, Donald R & Bloch, Peter H & Black, William C, 1988. "Correlates of Price Acceptability," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 15(2), pages 243-252, September.
- Lertwannawit, Aurathai & Mandhachitara, Rujirutana, 2012. "Interpersonal effects on fashion consciousness and status consumption moderated by materialism in metropolitan men," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(10), pages 1408-1416.
- Thomas Tang & Toto Sutarso, 2013. "Falling or Not Falling into Temptation? Multiple Faces of Temptation, Monetary Intelligence, and Unethical Intentions Across Gender," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 529-552, September.
- Ayres, Ian & Siegelman, Peter, 1995. "Race and Gender Discrimination in Bargaining for a New Car," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 304-321, June.
- Richins, Marsha L. & Rudmin, Floyd W., 1994. "Materialism and economic psychology," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 217-231, June.
- Fiona Morton & Florian Zettelmeyer & Jorge Silva-Risso, 2003. "Consumer Information and Discrimination: Does the Internet Affect the Pricing of New Cars to Women and Minorities?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 1(1), pages 65-92, March.
- Dittmar, Helga & Beattie, Jane & Friese, Susanne, 1995. "Gender identity and material symbols: Objects and decision considerations in impulse purchases," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 491-511, September.
- Dargay, Joyce, 2007. "The effect of prices and income on car travel in the UK," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 41(10), pages 949-960, December.
- Dittmar, Helga & Pepper, Lucy, 1994. "To have is to be: Materialism and person perception in working-class and middle-class British adolescents," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 233-251, June.
- Marmorstein, Howard & Grewal, Dhruv & Fishe, Raymond P H, 1992. "The Value of Time Spent in Price-Comparison Shopping: Survey and Experimental Evidence," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 52-61, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vrs:manmar:v:10:y:2015:i:3:p:245-269:n:5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla). General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com/services/journals .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.