What makes industry–university collaboration succeed? A systematic review of the literature
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Etzkowitz, Henry & Leydesdorff, Loet, 2000. "The dynamics of innovation: from National Systems and "Mode 2" to a Triple Helix of university-industry-government relations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 109-123, February.
- Mark O. Sellenthin, 2011. "Factors that Impact on University-Industry Collaboration :Empirical Evidence from Sweden and Germany," Brussels Economic Review, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 54(1), pages 81-100.
- Junghee Han & Almas Heshmati, 2016.
"Determinants Of Financial Rewards From Industry–University Collaboration In South Korea,"
International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 20(07), pages 1-26, October.
- Junghee Han & Almas Heshmati, 2016. "Determinants of financial rewards from industry-university collaboration in South Korea," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Innovation Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 20(3/4), pages 235-257.
- Han, Junghee & Heshmati, Almas, 2013. "Determinants of Financial Rewards from Industry-University Collaboration in South Korea," IZA Discussion Papers 7695, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marie Ferru, 2010. "Formation Process and Geography of Science-Industry Partnerships: The Case of the University of Poitiers," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(6), pages 531-549.
- Youtie, Jan & Li, Yin & Rogers, Juan & Shapira, Philip, 2017. "Institutionalization of international university research ventures," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(9), pages 1692-1705.
- Athanasios Hadjimanolis, 2006. "A Case Study Of Sme–University Research Collaboration In The Context Of A Small Peripheral Country (Cyprus)," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(01), pages 65-88.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Germana Giombini & Paolo Liberati & Giuseppe Travaglini, 2016.
"A matching model of university–industry collaborations,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 31-43, January.
- Giorgio Calcagnini & Germana Giombini & Paolo Liberati & Giuseppe Travaglini, 2016. "A matching model of university–industry collaborations," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 46(1), pages 31-43, January.
- Giorgio Calacagnini & Germana Giombini & Paolo Liberati & Giuseppe Travaglini, 2015. "A Matching Model of University-Industry Collaborations," Working Papers 1503, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2015.
- Craig Boardman & Barry Bozeman, 2015. "Academic faculty as intellectual property in university-industry research alliances," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(5), pages 403-420, July.
- Bstieler, Ludwig & Hemmert, Martin & Barczak, Gloria, 2017. "The changing bases of mutual trust formation in inter-organizational relationships: A dyadic study of university-industry research collaborations," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 74(C), pages 47-54.
- Hillebrand, Bas & Biemans, Wim G., 2003. "The relationship between internal and external cooperation: literature review and propositions," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 56(9), pages 735-743, September.
- Laura DINDIRE & Mihaela ASANDEI & Cristina GĂNESCU, 2011. "Enhancement of Cooperation and Communication between Universities and the Business Environment, Requirement for a Good Functioning of the Knowledge Triangle: Education, Research, Innovation," Theoretical and Applied Economics, Asociatia Generala a Economistilor din Romania - AGER, vol. 0(9(562)), pages 89-102, September.
- Arvanitis, Spyros & Kubli, Ursina & Woerter, Martin, 2008. "University-industry knowledge and technology transfer in Switzerland: What university scientists think about co-operation with private enterprises," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1865-1883, December.
- Huanming Wang & Wei Xiong & Guangdong Wu & Dajian Zhu, 2018. "Public–private partnership in Public Administration discipline: a literature review," Public Management Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(2), pages 293-316, February.
- Santoro, Michael D. & Chakrabarti, Alok K., 2002. "Firm size and technology centrality in industry-university interactions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(7), pages 1163-1180, September.
- Isabel Maria Bodas Freitas & Bart Verspagen, 2017. "The motivations, institutions and organization of university-industry collaborations in the Netherlands," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 379-412, July.
- Alessandro Muscio & Giovanna Vallanti, 2014. "Perceived Obstacles to University-Industry Collaboration: Results from a Qualitative Survey of Italian Academic Departments," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(5), pages 410-429, July.
- Brian Karlson & Lisa Callagher, 2012. "Which University To Partner With: An Investigation Into Partner Selection Motives Among Small Innovative Firms," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 16(03), pages 1-16.
- N. Carbonara & N. Costantino & L. Gunnigan & R. Pellegrino, 2015. "Risk Management in Motorway PPP Projects: Empirical-based Guidelines," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(2), pages 162-182, March.
- Etzkowitz, Henry, 2003. "Research groups as 'quasi-firms': the invention of the entrepreneurial university," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 109-121, January.
- Jue Wang & Philip Shapira, 2012. "Partnering with universities: a good choice for nanotechnology start-up firms?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 38(2), pages 197-215, February.
- Yasunori Baba & Masaru Yarime & Naohiro Shichijo, 2010. "Sources Of Success In Advanced Materials Innovation: The Role Of "Core Researchers" In University–Industry Collaboration In Japan," International Journal of Innovation Management (ijim), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 14(02), pages 201-219.
- Wirsich, Alexander & Kock, Alexander & Strumann, Christoph & Schultz, Carsten, 2016. "Effects of University Industry Collaboration on Technological Newness," Publications of Darmstadt Technical University, Institute for Business Studies (BWL) 85098, Darmstadt Technical University, Department of Business Administration, Economics and Law, Institute for Business Studies (BWL).
- Rajeev K. Goel & Devrim Göktepe-Hultén & Christoph Grimpe, 2017. "Who instigates university–industry collaborations? University scientists versus firm employees," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(3), pages 503-524, March.
- Rudi Bekkers & Bodas Freitas, 2008.
"Analysing preferences for knowledge transfer channels between universities and industry: To what degree do sectors also matter?,"
Grenoble Ecole de Management (Post-Print)
- Rudi Bekkers & Bodas Freitas, 2008. "Analysing preferences for knowledge transfer channels between universities and industry: To what degree do sectors also matter?," Post-Print hal-01487467, HAL.
- Bekkers, Rudi & Bodas Freitas, Isabel Maria, 2008. "Analysing knowledge transfer channels between universities and industry: To what degree do sectors also matter?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(10), pages 1837-1853, December.
- Albert Banal-EstaÃ±ol & InÃ©s Macho-Stadler & David PÃ©rez-Castrillo, 2013. "Research Output From Universityâ€“Industry Collaborative Projects," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 27(1), pages 71-81, February.
- Hong, Wei & Su, Yu-Sung, 2013. "The effect of institutional proximity in non-local university–industry collaborations: An analysis based on Chinese patent data," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 42(2), pages 454-464.
- George, Gerard & Zahra, Shaker A. & Wood, D. Jr., 2002. "The effects of business-university alliances on innovative output and financial performance: a study of publicly traded biotechnology companies," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 17(6), pages 577-609, October.
- Muscio, Alessandro & Quaglione, Davide & Scarpinato, Michele, 2012. "The effects of universities' proximity to industrial districts on university–industry collaboration," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 639-650.
- Perkmann, Markus & Schildt, Henri, 2015. "Open data partnerships between firms and universities: The role of boundary organizations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(5), pages 1133-1143.
- Cummings, Jonathon N. & Kiesler, Sara, 2007. "Coordination costs and project outcomes in multi-university collaborations," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(10), pages 1620-1634, December.
- Jeremy Howells & Ronnie Ramlogan & Shu-Li Cheng, 2012. "Innovation and university collaboration: paradox and complexity within the knowledge economy," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(3), pages 703-721.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Petra Maresova & Ruzena Stemberkova & Oluwaseun Fadeyi, 2019. "Models, Processes, and Roles of Universities in Technology Transfer Management: A Systematic Review," Administrative Sciences, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 9(3), pages 1-36, September.
- Leonie Koch & Martin Simmler, 2020. "How Important are Local Knowledge Spillovers of Public R&D and What Drives Them?," EconPol Working Paper 42, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich.
- Katarina Rojko & Brankica Bratić & Borut Lužar, 2020. "The Bologna reform’s impacts on the scientific publication performance of Ph.D. graduates—the case of Slovenia," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 124(1), pages 329-356, July.
- Koch, Leonie & Simmler, Martin, 2020. "How important are local knowledge spillovers of public R&D and what drives them?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(7).
- József Tóth & Giuseppina Rizzo, 2020. "Search Strategies in Innovation Networks: The Case of the Hungarian Food Industry," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(5), pages 1-18, February.
- Balzhan Orazbayeva & Carolin Plewa & Todd Davey & Victoria Galán-Muros, 2019. "The future of University-Business Cooperation: research and practice priorities," Post-Print hal-02880384, HAL.
- Ledda, Antonio & Pindozzi, Stefania & Marcheggiani, Ernesto & Cervelli, Elena & De Montis, Andrea & Galli, Andrea, 2020. "The impact of collaboration on research about rural buildings and landscape: A case study in Italy," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 97(C).
More about this item
KeywordsIndustry–university collaboration; Success; Systematic literature review;
- I23 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Higher Education; Research Institutions
- L30 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - General
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- O38 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Government Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:jbecon:v:89:y:2019:i:2:d:10.1007_s11573-018-0916-6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.