Estimating the local effect of weather on field crop production with unobserved producer behavior: a bioeconomic modeling framework
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Debertin, David L., 2012. "Agricultural Production Economics, Second Edition," Monographs, Applied Economics, number 158319, March.
- Trostle, Ronald, 2008. "Factors Contributing to Recent Increases in Food Commodity Prices (PowerPoint)," Seminars 43902, USDA Economists Group.
- Olivier Deschênes & Michael Greenstone, 2007. "The Economic Impacts of Climate Change: Evidence from Agricultural Output and Random Fluctuations in Weather," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 97(1), pages 354-385, March.
- Vera-Diaz, Maria del Carmen & Kaufmann, Robert K. & Nepstad, Daniel C. & Schlesinger, Peter, 2008. "An interdisciplinary model of soybean yield in the Amazon Basin: The climatic, edaphic, and economic determinants," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 420-431, April.
- Ding, Ya & Schoengold, Karina & Tadesse, Tsegaye, 2009. "The Impact of Weather Extremes on Agricultural Production Methods: Does Drought Increase Adoption of Conservation Tillage Practices?," Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 34(3), December.
- Reidsma, Pytrik & Ewert, Frank & Boogaard, Hendrik & Diepen, Kees van, 2009. "Regional crop modelling in Europe: The impact of climatic conditions and farm characteristics on maize yields," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 100(1-3), pages 51-60, April.
- Hansen, LeRoy T., 1991. "Farmer Response to Changes in Climate: The Case of Corn Production," Journal of Agricultural Economics Research, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, issue 4.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Paul Alagidede & George Adu & Prince Boakye Frimpong, 2016.
"The effect of climate change on economic growth: evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa,"
Environmental Economics and Policy Studies,
Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 18(3), pages 417-436, July.
- Alagidede, Paul & Adu, George & Frimpong, Prince Boakye, 2014. "The effect of climate change on economic growth: Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 017, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Chandra Bahinipati & Unmesh Patnaik, 2015. "The damages from climatic extremes in India: do disaster-specific and generic adaptation measures matter?," Environmental Economics and Policy Studies, Springer;Society for Environmental Economics and Policy Studies - SEEPS, vol. 17(1), pages 157-177, January.
More about this item
KeywordsWeather; Climate change; Crop production; Yield; Agriculture; Management; Q18; Q54; Q57;
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- Q57 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Ecological Economics
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:envpol:v:16:y:2014:i:3:p:279-302. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .