Democracy and trade: an empirical study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Devashish Mitra & Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Mehmet A. Ulubaşoğlu, 2016.
"“Protection For Sale” In A Developing Country: Democracy Vs. Dictatorship,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: The Political Economy of Trade Policy Theory, Evidence and Applications, chapter 9, pages 163-174,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Devashish Mitra & Dimitrios D. Thomakos & Mehmet A. Ulubaşoglu, 2002. ""Protection For Sale" In A Developing Country: Democracy Vs. Dictatorship," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 84(3), pages 497-508, August.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James A. Robinson & Pierre Yared, 2008.
"Income and Democracy,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 98(3), pages 808-842, June.
- Daron Acemoglu & Simon Johnson & James Robinson & Pierre Yared, 2005. "Income and Democracy," NBER Working Papers 11205, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Johnson, Simon & Robinson, James A & Yared, Pierre, 2005. "Income and Democracy," CEPR Discussion Papers 5273, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- David H. Romer & Jeffrey A. Frankel, 1999. "Does Trade Cause Growth?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 89(3), pages 379-399, June.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Alan M. Taylor, 2006.
"Democracy and Protectionism,"
NBER Working Papers
12250, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kevin O'Rourke, 2007. "Democracy and Protectionism," The Institute for International Integration Studies Discussion Paper Series iiisdp191, IIIS.
- O'Rourke, Kevin Hjortshøj & Taylor, Alan M., 2006. "Democracy and Protectionism," CEPR Discussion Papers 5698, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Grossman, Gene M & Helpman, Elhanan, 1994.
"Protection for Sale,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 84(4), pages 833-850, September.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 21-92, Tel Aviv.
- Grossman, Gene & Helpman, Elhanan, 1993. "Protection for Sale," CEPR Discussion Papers 827, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gene M. Grossman & Elhanan Helpman, 1992. "Protection For Sale," NBER Working Papers 4149, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Grossman, G.M. & Helpman, E., 1992. "Protection for Sale," Papers 162, Princeton, Woodrow Wilson School - Public and International Affairs.
- Tavares, Jose & Wacziarg, Romain, 2001. "How democracy affects growth," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 45(8), pages 1341-1378, August.
- Mayer, Wolfgang, 1984. "Endogenous Tariff Formation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 74(5), pages 970-985, December.
- Edward D. Mansfield & Helen V. Milner & B. Peter Rosendorff, 2015.
"Why Democracies Cooperate More: Electoral Control and International Trade Agreements,"
World Scientific Book Chapters, in: Edward D Mansfield (ed.), THE POLITICAL ECONOMY OF INTERNATIONAL TRADE, chapter 11, pages 227-263,
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Mansfield, Edward D. & Milner, Helen V. & Rosendorff, B. Peter, 2002. "Why Democracies Cooperate More: Electoral Control and International Trade Agreements," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 56(3), pages 477-513, July.
- Robert J. Barro, 1999.
"Determinants of Democracy,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(S6), pages 158-183, December.
- Barro, Robert, 1997. "Determinants Of Democracy," Harvard Institute for International Development (HIID) Papers 294386, Harvard University, Kennedy School of Government.
- Barro, Robert J., 1999. "Determinants of Democracy," Scholarly Articles 3451297, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001.
"Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade,"
Canadian Journal of Economics/Revue canadienne d'économique,
John Wiley & Sons, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- Robert C. Feenstra & James R. Markusen & Andrew K. Rose, 2001. "Using the gravity equation to differentiate among alternative theories of trade," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 34(2), pages 430-447, May.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/6159 is not listed on IDEAS
- Milner, Helen V. & Kubota, Keiko, 2005. "Why the Move to Free Trade? Democracy and Trade Policy in the Developing Countries," International Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(1), pages 107-143, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zissimos, Ben, 2017.
"A theory of trade policy under dictatorship and democratization,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 85-101.
- Ben Zissimos, 2014. "A Theory of Trade Policy Under Dictatorship and Democratization," Discussion Papers 1403, University of Exeter, Department of Economics.
- Benjamin Zissimos, 2017. "A Theory of Trade Policy under Dictatorship and Democratization," CESifo Working Paper Series 6662, CESifo Group Munich.
- C. Umana Dajud, 2013. "Political Proximity and International Trade," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 25(3), pages 283-312, November.
- Gislain StÃ©phane Gandjon Fankem, 2016. "Les dÃ©terminants du faible degrÃ© d'intÃ©gration commerciale de la CEEAC: le poids de la fragmentation politique, de la prolifÃ©ration des CommunautÃ©s Economiques RÃ©gionales et du niveau de dÃ©mocr," African Development Review, African Development Bank, vol. 28(4), pages 383-396, December.
- Oxana Babecká Kucharčuková & Jan Babecký & Martin Raiser, 2012.
"Gravity Approach for Modelling International Trade in South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States: The Role of Geography, Policy and Institutions,"
Open Economies Review,
Springer, vol. 23(2), pages 277-301, April.
- Oxana Babecka Kucharcukova & Jan Babecky & Martin Raiser, 2010. "A Gravity Approach to Modelling International Trade in South-Eastern Europe and the Commonwealth of Independent States: The Role of Geography, Policy and Institutions," Working Papers 2010/04, Czech National Bank.
- Yung-hsiang Ying & Koyin Chang & Ginny ju-ann Yang & Chen-hsun Lee, 2014. "Measuring co-movement of globalization and democratization in the time–frequency space," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(1), pages 206-219.
- Josheski, Dushko & Apostolov, Mico, 2013. "Macedonia’s exports and the gravity model," MPRA Paper 48180, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bernhard Herz & Marco Wagner, 2010. "Multilateralism versus Regionalism!?," DEGIT Conference Papers c015_043, DEGIT, Dynamics, Economic Growth, and International Trade.
- Christos Kollias & Suzanna-Maria Paleologou, 2017. "The Globalization and Peace Nexus: Findings Using Two Composite Indices," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 131(3), pages 871-885, April.
- Herz Bernhard & Wagner Marco, 2011. "Regionalism as a Building Block for Multilateralism," Global Economy Journal, De Gruyter, vol. 11(1), pages 1-25, March.
- Daumal, Marie, 2008. "Federalism, separatism and international trade," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 24(3), pages 675-687, September.
- Roesmara Donna, Duddy & Widodo, Tri & Adiningsih, Sri, 2018. "Does Democracy Increase Bilateral Trade in MENA Region?," MPRA Paper 86369, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khan, Zakir Saadullah & Hossain, M Ismail, 2010. "Democracy and Trade Balance: A Vector Autoregressive Analysis," Bangladesh Development Studies, Bangladesh Institute of Development Studies (BIDS), vol. 33(4), pages 23-37, December.
- Shahedul Alam Khan & Rumana Mubin, 2019. "Trade, Governance And The Mediating Role Of Innovation," Romanian Economic Business Review, Romanian-American University, vol. 14(3), pages 29-43, September.
More about this item
KeywordsDemocracy; Trade; Gravity model; F13; P51;
- F13 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade Policy; International Trade Organizations
- P51 - Economic Systems - - Comparative Economic Systems - - - Comparative Analysis of Economic Systems
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:ecogov:v:10:y:2009:i:2:p:165-186. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.