Do conditional cash transfers influence migration? A study using experimental data from the Mexican progresa program
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Angelucci, Manuela, 2004. "Aid and Migration: An Analysis of the Impact of Progresa on the Timing and Size of Labour Migration," IZA Discussion Papers 1187, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Davis, Benjamin & Stecklov, Guy & Winters, Paul, 2002. "Domestic and international migration from rural Mexico: Disaggregrating the effects of network structure and composition," ESA Working Papers 289101, Food and Agriculture Organization of the United Nations, Agricultural Development Economics Division (ESA).
- Kaivan Munshi, 2003. "Networks in the Modern Economy: Mexican Migrants in the U. S. Labor Market," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 118(2), pages 549-599.
- Peter Mueser, 1989. "Measuring the impact of locational characteristics on migration: Interpreting cross-sectional analyses," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 26(3), pages 499-513, August.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2003.
"Remembrances of things past: test-retest reliability of retrospective migration histories,"
Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A,
Royal Statistical Society, vol. 166(1), pages 23-49.
- James P. Smith & Duncan Thomas, 2004. "Remembrances of Things Past: Test-Retest Reliability of Retrospective Migration Histories," Labor and Demography 0403026, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:bla:blaboo:1557860300 is not listed on IDEAS
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isabelle CHORT & Maëlys DE LA RUPELLE, 2019. "Managing the Impact of Climate on Migration: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers 2018-2019_8, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Jun 2019.
- Barrientos, Armando, 2012. "Social Transfers and Growth: What Do We Know? What Do We Need to Find Out?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(1), pages 11-20.
- Chort, Isabelle & de la Rupelle, Maëlys, 2017.
"Managing the Impact of Climate Change on Migration: Evidence from Mexico,"
GLO Discussion Paper Series
78, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Isabelle Chort & Maelys de la Rupelle, 2017. "Managing the Impact of Climate Change on Migration: Evidence from Mexico," Working Papers DT/2017/04, DIAL (Développement, Institutions et Mondialisation).
- repec:wyi:journl:002171 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alain de Janvry & Kyle Emerick & Marco Gonzalez-Navarro & Elisabeth Sadoulet, 2015.
"Delinking Land Rights from Land Use: Certification and Migration in Mexico,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 105(10), pages 3125-3149, October.
- Marco Gonzalez-Navarro & Kyle Emerick & Elisabeth Sadoulet & Alain de Janvry, 2014. "Delinking Land Rights from Land Use: Certification and Migration in Mexico," 2014 Meeting Papers 138, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michael A. Clemens, 2014. "Does development reduce migration?," Chapters,in: International Handbook on Migration and Economic Development, chapter 6, pages 152-185 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Naila Kabeer & Hugh Waddington, 2015. "Economic impacts of conditional cash transfer programmes: a systematic review and meta-analysis," Journal of Development Effectiveness, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(3), pages 290-303, September.
- Mahé, Clotilde, 2017. "Does publicly provided health care affect migration? Evidence from Mexico," MERIT Working Papers 049, United Nations University - Maastricht Economic and Social Research Institute on Innovation and Technology (MERIT).
- Manuela Angelucci, 2015.
"Migration and Financial Constraints: Evidence from Mexico,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 97(1), pages 224-228, March.
- Angelucci, Manuela, 2013. "Migration and Financial Constraints: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 7726, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- John Scott-Andretta & Alfredo Cuecuecha, 2010. "The Effect of Agricultural Subsidies on Migration and Agricultural Employment," Working papers DTE 474, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Mao-Mei Liu & Mathew J. Creighton & Fernando Riosmena & Pau Baizán, 2016. "Prospects for the comparative study of international migration using quasi-longitudinal micro-data," Demographic Research, Max Planck Institute for Demographic Research, Rostock, Germany, vol. 35(26), pages 745-782, September.
- repec:eee:socmed:v:211:y:2018:i:c:p:9-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Meng, Lei, 2012. "Can grain subsidies impede rural–urban migration in hinterland China? Evidence from field surveys," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 729-741.
- Chort, Isabelle & de la Rupelle, Maëlys, 2019. "Managing the Impact of Climate on Migration: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 12227, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Schmeer, Kammi, 2009. "Father absence due to migration and child illness in rural Mexico," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 69(8), pages 1281-1286, October.
- Andrew Halpern-Manners, 2011. "The Effect of Family Member Migration on Education and Work Among Nonmigrant Youth in Mexico," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 48(1), pages 73-99, February.
- Jenna Nobles & Christopher McKelvey, 2015. "Gender, Power, and Emigration From Mexico," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 52(5), pages 1573-1600, October.
- Guy Stecklov & Paul Winters & Jessica Todd & Ferdinando Regalia, 2006. "Demographic Externalities from Poverty Programs in Developing Countries: Experimental Evidence from Latin America," Working Papers 2006-01, American University, Department of Economics.
- Michael Clemens, 2014. "Does Development Reduce Migration? - Working Paper 359," Working Papers 359, Center for Global Development.
- Eugenia Chernina & Paul Castaneda Dower & Andrei Markevich, 2010.
"Property Rights and Internal Migration: The Case of the Stolypin Agrarian Reform in the Russian Empire,"
w0147, New Economic School (NES).
- Eugenia Chernina & Paul Castaneda Dower & Andrei Markevich, 2010. "Property Rights and Internal Migration: The Case of the Stolypin Agrarian Reform in the Russian Empire," Working Papers w0147, Center for Economic and Financial Research (CEFIR).
- Barham, Tania & Rowberry, Jacob, 2013. "Living longer: The effect of the Mexican conditional cash transfer program on elderly mortality," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 226-236.
- Hoddinott, John F. & Mekasha, Tseday J., 2017. "Social protection, household size and its determinants: Evidence from Ethiopia," ESSP working papers 107, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Maryann Bylander & Erin Hamilton, 2015. "Loans and Leaving: Migration and the Expansion of Microcredit in Cambodia," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(5), pages 687-708, October.
- Margaret Grosh & Carlo del Ninno & Emil Tesliuc & Azedine Ouerghi, 2008. "For Protection and Promotion : The Design and Implementation of Effective Safety Nets," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 6582, September.
- Brière, Bénédicte de la & Rawlings, Laura B., 2006. "Examining conditional cash transfer programs : a role for increased social inclusion?," Social Protection Discussion Papers and Notes 90341, The World Bank.
More about this item
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Do conditional cash transfers influence migration? A study using experimental data from the Mexican progresa program (Demography 2005) in ReplicationWiki
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:42:y:2005:i:4:p:769-790. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Mallaigh Nolan). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .