Welfare reform and female headship
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gary S. Becker, 1981. "A Treatise on the Family," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number beck81-1.
- Robert Moffitt, 1994. "Welfare Effects on Female Headship with Area Effects," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 621-636.
- Marianne P. Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes, 2002. "The Impact of Welfare Reform on Living Arrangements," NBER Working Papers 8784, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rebecca M. Blank & Patricia Ruggles, 1996. "When Do Women Use Aid to Families with Dependent Children and Food Stamps? The Dynamics of Eligibility Versus Participation," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 31(1), pages 57-89.
- Marianne Bitler & Jonah Gelbach & Hilary Hoynes & Madeline Zavodny, 2004.
"The impact of welfare reform on marriage and divorce,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 41(2), pages 213-236, May.
- Marianne Bitler & Jonah B. Gelbach & Hilary W. Hoynes & Madeline Zavodny, 2002. "The impact of welfare reform on marriage and divorce," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2002-9, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Williamson Hoyne, Hilary, 1997. "Does welfare play any role in female headship decisions?," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(2), pages 89-117, August.
- Carol Harvey & Michael J. Camasso & Radha Jagannathan, 2000. "Evaluating Welfare Reform Waivers under Section 1115," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 165-188, Fall.
- John M. Fitzgerald, 1995. "Local labor markets and local area effects on welfare duration," Journal of Policy Analysis and Management, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(1), pages 43-67.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gray, Jo Anna & Stockard, Jean & Stone, Joe, 2006.
"A tale of two shares: The relationship between the "illegitimacy" ratio and the marriage share,"
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 242-248, February.
- Jo Anna Gray & Jean Stockard & Joe Stone, 2004. "A Tale of Two Shares: The Relationship between the "Illegitimacy" Ratio and the Marriage Share," University of Oregon Economics Department Working Papers 2004-16, University of Oregon Economics Department, revised 01 Jun 2004.
- DAVID M. BLAU & WILBERT van der KLAAUW, 2013. "What Determines Family Structure?," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 51(1), pages 579-604, January.
- repec:pri:crcwel:wp07-10-ff is not listed on IDEAS
- Martin Dooley & Ross Finnie, 2008.
"Welfare Policy, Language Group, and the Duration of Lone Motherhood Spells,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 34(1), pages 37-64, March.
- Martin Dooley & Ross Finnie, 2006. "Welfare Policy, Language Group and the Duration of Lone Motherhood Spells," Department of Economics Working Papers 2006-03, McMaster University.
- Fisher, Hayley & Zhu, Anna, 2016.
"The Effect of Changing Financial Incentives on Repartnering,"
IZA Discussion Papers
10243, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Hayley Fisher & Anna Zhu, 2016. "The Effect of Changing Financial Incentives on Repartnering," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2016n29, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Fisher, Hayley & Zhu, Anna., 2016. "The Effect of Changing Financial Incentives of Repartnering," Working Papers 2016-15, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Jean Knab & Irv Garfinkel & Sara McLanahan & Emily Moiduddin & Cynthia Osborne, 2007. "The Effects of Welfare and Child Support Policies on the Timing and Incidence of Marriage Following a Nonmarital Birth," Working Papers 898, Princeton University, Woodrow Wilson School of Public and International Affairs, Center for Research on Child Wellbeing..
- Moffitt, Robert A. & Phelan, Brian J. & Winkler, Anne E., 2015. "Welfare Rules, Incentives, and Family Structure," IZA Discussion Papers 9127, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Chris Herbst & David Stevens, 2010. "The Impact of Local Labor Market Conditions on Work and Welfare Decisions: Revisiting an Old Question Using New Data," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(4), pages 453-479, August.
- Kamila Cygan-Rehm & Daniel Kühnle & Regina T. Riphahn, 2017. "Love your Leave, Don't Leave your Love! Paid Parental Leave and Children's Living Arrangements," CESifo Working Paper Series 6319, CESifo Group Munich.
- Dunifon, Rachel & Hynes, Kathryn & Peters, H. Elizabeth, 2006. "Welfare reform and child well-being," Children and Youth Services Review, Elsevier, vol. 28(11), pages 1273-1292, November.
- Chris Herbst, 2011. "The Impact of the Earned Income Tax Credit on Marriage and Divorce: Evidence from Flow Data," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(1), pages 101-128, February.
- repec:msl:workng:1008 is not listed on IDEAS
- Eriksen, Michael D., 2010. "Homeownership subsidies and the marriage decisions of low-income households," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 490-497, November.
- David Brady & Rebekah Burroway, 2012. "Targeting, Universalism, and Single-Mother Poverty: A Multilevel Analysis Across 18 Affluent Democracies," Demography, Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 49(2), pages 719-746, May.
- Ribar, David C. & Hamrick, Karen S., 2003. "Dynamics Of Poverty And Food Sufficiency," Food Assistance and Nutrition Research Reports 33851, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:demogr:v:41:y:2004:i:2:p:189-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.