Nonparametric pseudo-Lagrange multiplier stationarity testing
The framework of stationarity testing is extended to allow a generic smooth trend function estimated nonparametrically. The asymptotic behavior of the pseudo-Lagrange multiplier test is analyzed in this setting. The proposed implementation delivers a consistent test whose limiting null distribution is standard normal. Theoretical analyses are complemented with simulation studies and some empirical applications. Copyright The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo 2013
Volume (Year): 65 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=102845 |
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2005.
"Goodness-of-fit Tests for Linear and Non-linear Time Series Models,"
Faculty Working Papers
02/05, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos, 2006. "Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear and Nonlinear Time Series Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 531-541, June.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521710091 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Chi-Young Choi & Donggyu Sul, 2004.
"Prewhitening Bias in HAC Estimation,"
Yale School of Management Working Papers
ysm426, Yale School of Management.
- Hashimzade, Nigar & Vogelsang, Timothy, 2006.
"Fixed-b Asymptotic Approximation of the Sampling Behavior of Nonparametric Spectral Density Estimators,"
06-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Nigar Hashimzade & Timothy J. Vogelsang, 2008. "Fixed-b asymptotic approximation of the sampling behaviour of nonparametric spectral density estimators," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 142-162, 01.
- Dore, M. & Johnston, M., 1996.
"The Carbon Cycle and the Value of Canadian Forests,"
1996-01, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Dore, M. & Johnston, M., 1996. "The Carbon Cycle and the Value of Canadian Forests," Working Papers 1996-01, Brock University, Department of Economics.
- Yixiao Sun & Peter C. B. Phillips & Sainan Jin, 2008.
"Optimal Bandwidth Selection in Heteroskedasticity-Autocorrelation Robust Testing,"
Econometric Society, vol. 76(1), pages 175-194, 01.
- Yixiao Sun & Peter C. B. Phillips & Sainan Jin, 2006. "Optimal Bandwidth Selection in Heteroskedasticity-Autocorrelation Robust Testing," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1545, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Kurozumi, Eiji, 2002. "Testing for stationarity with a break," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 63-99, May.
- Diebold, Francis X & Kilian, Lutz, 2000.
"Unit-Root Tests Are Useful for Selecting Forecasting Models,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 265-73, July.
- Francis X. Diebold & Lutz Kilian, 1999. "Unit Root Tests Are Useful for Selecting Forecasting Models," NBER Working Papers 6928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Francis X. Diebold & Lutz Kilian, 1999. "Unit Root Tests are Useful for Selecting Forecasting Models," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-063, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Ralf Becker & Walter Enders & Junsoo Lee, 2006. "A Stationarity Test in the Presence of an Unknown Number of Smooth Breaks," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 381-409, 05.
- Eiji Kurozumi & Shinya Tanaka, 2009.
"Reducing the Size Distortion of the KPSS Test,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd09-085, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992.
"Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?," Papers 8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Manuel Landajo & María José Presno, 2010. "Stationarity testing under nonlinear models. Some asymptotic results," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 392-405, 09.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1997. "Testing the unit root with drift hypothesis against nonlinear trend stationarity, with an application to the US price level and interest rate," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 29-64, November.
- Jewell, Todd & Lee, Junsoo & Tieslau, Margie & Strazicich, Mark C., 2003. "Stationarity of health expenditures and GDP: evidence from panel unit root tests with heterogeneous structural breaks," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 313-323, March.
- Tanaka, Katsuto, 1990. "The Fredholm Approach to Asymptotic Inference on Nonstationary and Noninvertible Time Series Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 411-432, December.
- Hong, Yongmiao & White, Halbert, 1995. "Consistent Specification Testing via Nonparametric Series Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1133-59, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:65:y:2013:i:1:p:125-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.