Nonparametric pseudo-Lagrange multiplier stationarity testing
The framework of stationarity testing is extended to allow a generic smooth trend function estimated nonparametrically. The asymptotic behavior of the pseudo-Lagrange multiplier test is analyzed in this setting. The proposed implementation delivers a consistent test whose limiting null distribution is standard normal. Theoretical analyses are complemented with simulation studies and some empirical applications. Copyright The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Tokyo 2013
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 65 (2013)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
Web page: http://www.ism.ac.jp/index_e.html
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/statistics/journal/10463/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hong, Yongmiao & White, Halbert, 1995. "Consistent Specification Testing via Nonparametric Series Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 63(5), pages 1133-59, September.
- Sul, Donggyu & Phillips, Peter & Choi, Chi-Young, 2003.
"Prewhitening Bias in HAC Estimation,"
141, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Peter C.B. Phillips & Chi-Young Choi & Donggyu Sul, 2004. "Prewhitening Bias in HAC Estimation," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm426, Yale School of Management.
- Donggyu Sul & Peter C.B. Phillips & Choi, Chi-Young, 2003. "Prewhitening Bias in HAC Estimation," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1436, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Eiji Kurozumi & Shinya Tanaka, 2009.
"Reducing the Size Distortion of the KPSS Test,"
Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series
gd09-085, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Dore, M. & Johnston, M., 1996.
"The Carbon Cycle and the Value of Canadian Forests,"
1996-01, Brock University, Department of Economics.
- Dore, M. & Johnston, M., 1996. "The Carbon Cycle and the Value of Canadian Forests," Papers 1996-01, York (Canada) - Department of Economics.
- Manuel Landajo & María José Presno, 2010. "Stationarity testing under nonlinear models. Some asymptotic results," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 392-405, 09.
- Mills,Terence C. & Markellos,Raphael N., 2008. "The Econometric Modelling of Financial Time Series," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521710091, December.
- Kwiatkowski, D. & Phillips, P.C.B. & Schmidt, P., 1990.
"Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of Unit Root : How Sure are we that Economic Time Series have a Unit Root?,"
8905, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- Kwiatkowski, Denis & Phillips, Peter C. B. & Schmidt, Peter & Shin, Yongcheol, 1992. "Testing the null hypothesis of stationarity against the alternative of a unit root : How sure are we that economic time series have a unit root?," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1-3), pages 159-178.
- Denis Kwiatkowski & Peter C.B. Phillips & Peter Schmidt, 1991. "Testing the Null Hypothesis of Stationarity Against the Alternative of a Unit Root: How Sure Are We That Economic Time Series Have a Unit Root?," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 979, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yixiao Sun & Peter C. B. Phillips & Sainan Jin, 2006.
"Optimal Bandwidth Selection in Heteroskedasticity-Autocorrelation Robust Testing,"
Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers
1545, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Yixiao Sun & Peter C. B. Phillips & Sainan Jin, 2008. "Optimal Bandwidth Selection in Heteroskedasticity-Autocorrelation Robust Testing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 76(1), pages 175-194, 01.
- Juan Carlos Escanciano, 2005.
"Goodness-of-fit Tests for Linear and Non-linear Time Series Models,"
Faculty Working Papers
02/05, School of Economics and Business Administration, University of Navarra.
- Escanciano, J. Carlos, 2006. "Goodness-of-Fit Tests for Linear and Nonlinear Time Series Models," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 101, pages 531-541, June.
- Francis X. Diebold & Lutz Kilian, 1999.
"Unit Root Tests Are Useful for Selecting Forecasting Models,"
NBER Working Papers
6928, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diebold, Francis X & Kilian, Lutz, 2000. "Unit-Root Tests Are Useful for Selecting Forecasting Models," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 18(3), pages 265-73, July.
- Francis X. Diebold & Lutz Kilian, 1999. "Unit Root Tests are Useful for Selecting Forecasting Models," New York University, Leonard N. Stern School Finance Department Working Paper Seires 99-063, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business-.
- Hashimzade, Nigar & Vogelsang, Timothy, 2006.
"Fixed-b Asymptotic Approximation of the Sampling Behavior of Nonparametric Spectral Density Estimators,"
06-04, Cornell University, Center for Analytic Economics.
- Nigar Hashimzade & Timothy J. Vogelsang, 2008. "Fixed-b asymptotic approximation of the sampling behaviour of nonparametric spectral density estimators," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 29(1), pages 142-162, 01.
- Bierens, Herman J., 1997. "Testing the unit root with drift hypothesis against nonlinear trend stationarity, with an application to the US price level and interest rate," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 29-64, November.
- Jewell, Todd & Lee, Junsoo & Tieslau, Margie & Strazicich, Mark C., 2003. "Stationarity of health expenditures and GDP: evidence from panel unit root tests with heterogeneous structural breaks," Journal of Health Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(2), pages 313-323, March.
- Tanaka, Katsuto, 1990. "The Fredholm Approach to Asymptotic Inference on Nonstationary and Noninvertible Time Series Models," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(04), pages 411-432, December.
- Ralf Becker & Walter Enders & Junsoo Lee, 2006. "A Stationarity Test in the Presence of an Unknown Number of Smooth Breaks," Journal of Time Series Analysis, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 27(3), pages 381-409, 05.
- Kurozumi, Eiji, 2002. "Testing for stationarity with a break," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 63-99, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:aistmt:v:65:y:2013:i:1:p:125-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.