Risk, anti-reflexivity, and ethical neutralization in industrial food processing
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Hennessy, 2005.
"Slaughterhouse Rules: Animal Uniformity and Regulating for Food Safety in Meat Packing,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 87(3), pages 600-609.
- Hennessy, David A., 2003. "Slaughterhouse Rules: Animal Uniformity and Regulating for Food Safety in Meat Packing," Staff General Research Papers Archive 10839, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Laura DeLind & Philip Howard, 2008. "Safe at any scale? Food scares, food regulation, and scaled alternatives," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(3), pages 301-317, September.
- James M. MacDonald & Michael E. Ollinger & Kenneth E. Nelson & Charles R. Handy, 1996. "Structural Change in Meat Industries: Implications for Food Safety Regulation," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(3), pages 780-785.
- Ollinger, Michael & Nguyen, Sang V. & Blayney, Donald P. & Chambers, William & Nelson, Kenneth B., 2005. "Structural Change in the Meat, Poultry, Dairy and Grain Processing Industries," Economic Research Report 7217, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service.
- Libecap, Gary D, 1992.
"The Rise of the Chicago Packers and the Origins of Meat Inspection and Antitrust,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 242-262, April.
- Gary D. Libecap, 1991. "The Rise of the Chicago Packers and the Origins of Meat Inspection and Antitrust," NBER Historical Working Papers 0029, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Diana Stuart, 2008. "The illusion of control: industrialized agriculture, nature, and food safety," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 25(2), pages 177-181, June.
- Stewart Lockie, 2006. "Capturing the Sustainability Agenda: Organic Foods and Media Discourses on Food Scares, Environment, Genetic Engineering, and Health," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 23(3), pages 313-323, October.
- Jason Konefal & Michael Mascarenhas & Maki Hatanaka, 2005. "Governance in the Global Agro-food System: Backlighting the Role of Transnational Supermarket Chains," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 22(3), pages 291-302, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jones, Kevin Edson & Davidson, Debra J., 2014. "Adapting to food safety crises: Interpreting success and failure in the Canadian response to BSE," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 250-258.
- repec:spr:agrhuv:v:34:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s10460-017-9772-1 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:eee:agisys:v:157:y:2017:i:c:p:330-339 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsFood processing; Food safety; Reflexive modernization; Anti-reflexivity; Techniques of neutralization;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:agrhuv:v:29:y:2012:i:3:p:287-301. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.