Investigating the Role of Word of Mouth on Consumer Based Brand Equity Creation in Iran’s Cell-Phone Market
This paper investigates the impact of Word of Mouth (WOM) on Consumer Based Brand Equity (CBBE) creation. WOM characteristics such as, volume, valence, and source quality are studied to find how intensely they each affect brand awareness, perceived quality, and brand association. This investigation has been conducted in Tehran-Iran, on the cell-phone market. The methodology selected for this study was structural equation and all the calculations were done using Lisrel 8.54. The results suggested that volume and valence, two elements of WOM, affect CBBE and no significant relationship between source type and brand equity was seen.
Volume (Year): 2 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (February)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.scientificpapers.org|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Banerjee, Abhijit V, 1992. "A Simple Model of Herd Behavior," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, MIT Press, vol. 107(3), pages 797-817, August.
- Kevin Lane Keller & Donald R. Lehmann, 2006. "Brands and Branding: Research Findings and Future Priorities," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(6), pages 740-759, 11-12.
- Yoo, Boonghee & Donthu, Naveen, 2001. "Developing and validating a multidimensional consumer-based brand equity scale," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 52(1), pages 1-14, April.
- Brown, Jacqueline Johnson & Reingen, Peter H, 1987. " Social Ties and Word-of-Mouth Referral Behavior," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 14(3), pages 350-62, December.
- Valette-Florence, Pierre & Guizani, Haythem & Merunka, Dwight, 2011. "The impact of brand personality and sales promotions on brand equity," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 24-28, January.
- Anderson, Eugene W & Salisbury, Linda Court, 2003. " The Formation of Market-Level Expectations and Its Covariates," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 30(1), pages 115-24, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spp:jkmeit:1241. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Adrian Ghencea)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.