New Bangalores - The role of Central and Eastern Europe in business and IT services offshoring
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gregory Mankiw, N. & Swagel, Phillip, 2006.
"The politics and economics of offshore outsourcing,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(5), pages 1027-1056, July.
- Phillip Swagel & N. Gregory Mankiw, 2005. "The Politics and Economics of Offshore Outsourcing," AEI Economics Working Papers 49881, American Enterprise Institute.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Phillip Swagel, 2006. "The Politics and Economics of Offshore Outsourcing," NBER Working Papers 12398, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & Phillip Swagel, 2006. "The Politics and Economics of Offshore Outsourcing," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2120, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Michael H Grote & Florian A TÃ¤ube, 2006.
"Offshoring the Financial Services Industry: Implications for the Evolution of Indian IT Clusters,"
Environment and Planning A,
, vol. 38(7), pages 1287-1305, July.
- Michael H Grote & Florian A Täube, 2006. "Offshoring the financial services industry: implications for the evolution of Indian IT clusters," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 38(7), pages 1287-1305, July.
- Michael H. Grote & Florian Taübe, 2006. "Offshoring the financial services industry: Implications for the evolution of Indian IT clusters," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206771, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Grote, Michael H. & Täube, Florian A., 2007.
"When outsourcing is not an option: International relocation of investment bank research -- Or isn't it?,"
Journal of International Management,
Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 57-77, March.
- Michael H. Grote & Florian Taübe, 2007. "When outsourcing is not an option: International relocation of investment bank research - Or isn't it?," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/206769, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Magdolna Sass & Martina Fifekova, 2010. "Offshoring and Outsourcing Business Services to Central and Eastern Europe: Some Empirical and Conceptual Considerations," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(9), pages 1593-1609, October.
- Ricardo, David, 1821. "On the Principles of Political Economy and Taxation," History of Economic Thought Books, McMaster University Archive for the History of Economic Thought, edition 3, number ricardo1821.
- Mary Amiti & Shang-Jin Wei, 2005. "Service Offshoring, Productivity, and Employment; Evidence from the United States," IMF Working Papers 05/238, International Monetary Fund.
- Robert-Nicoud, Frédéric, 2008. "Offshoring of routine tasks and (de)industrialisation: Threat or opportunity--And for whom?," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 517-535, March.
- Hillberry, Russell & Hummels, David, 2008.
"Trade responses to geographic frictions: A decomposition using micro-data,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 527-550, April.
- Russell Hillberry & David Hummels, 2005. "Trade Responses to Geographic Frictions: A Decomposition Using Micro-Data," NBER Working Papers 11339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Meyer, Thomas, 2006. "Offshoring to new shores: Nearshoring to Central and Eastern Europe," MPRA Paper 5785, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anonymous, 2003. "Competing in the 21st Century," Amber Waves, United States Department of Agriculture, Economic Research Service, April.
More about this item
Keywordssecond global shift; trade in tasks; offshoring; corporate location strategies; nearshoring; Central and Eastern Europe; primary and secondary offshoring locations.;
- F21 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - International Investment; Long-Term Capital Movements
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- L8 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sph:rjedep:v:2:y:2013:i:3:p:77-100. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Rocsana Bucea-Manea-Tonis). General contact details of provider: http://jedep.spiruharet.ro/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.