Accounting for Spatial Error Correlation in the 2004 Presidential Popular Vote
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Besley, Timothy & Case, Anne, 1995.
"Incumbent Behavior: Vote-Seeking, Tax-Setting, and Yardstick Competition,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 25-45, March.
- Timothy Besley & Anne Case, 1992. "Incumbent Behavior: Vote Seeking, Tax Setting and Yardstick Competition," NBER Working Papers 4041, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rubén Hernández-Murillo, 2003. "Strategic interaction in tax policies among states," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 47-56.
- Sergio J. Rey & Mark V. Janikas, 2005. "Regional convergence, inequality, and space," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 5(2), pages 155-176, April.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, 2004.
"Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 66(5), pages 765-798, December.
- Kevin D. Hoover & Stephen J. Perez, "undated". "Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions," Department of Economics 01-01, California Davis - Department of Economics.
- Kevin Hoover & Harris Dellas, 2003. "Truth and Robustness in Cross-country Growth Regressions," Working Papers 11, University of California, Davis, Department of Economics.
- Moreno, Ramon & Trehan, Bharat, 1997. "Location and the Growth of Nations," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 2(4), pages 399-418, December.
- Quah, Danny, 1993.
"Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 37(2-3), pages 426-434, April.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical Cross-Section Dynamics in Economic Growth," FMG Discussion Papers dp154, Financial Markets Group.
- Danny Quah, 1992. "Empirical cross-section dynamics in economic growth," Discussion Paper / Institute for Empirical Macroeconomics 75, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Kanbur, Ravi & Keen, Michael, 1993.
"Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination When Countries Differ in Size,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 877-892, September.
- Ravi Kanbur & Michael Keen, 1991. "Jeux Sans Frontieres: Tax Competition and Tax Coordination when Countries Differ in Size," Working Papers 819, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- María Teresa Ramírez & Ana María Loboguerrero, 2002.
"Spatial Dependence and Economic Growth: Evidence From a Panel of Countries,"
BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA
003522, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- María Teresa Ramírez & Ana María Loboguerero, 2002. "Spatial Dependence and Economic Growth: Evidence from a panel of Countries," Borradores de Economia 206, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Robert J. Barro & Paul Romer, 1993. "Economic Growth," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number barr93-1, January.
- Cletus C. Coughlin & Thomas B. Mandelbaum, 1988. "Why have state per capita incomes diverged recently?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 24-36.
- Conley, Timothy G & Ligon, Ethan, 2002. "Economic Distance and Cross-Country Spillovers," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 7(2), pages 157-187, June.
- Gerald A. Carlino & Leonard O. Mills, 1994. "Convergence and the U.S states: a time series analysis," Working Papers 94-13, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Lant Pritchett, 1997. "Divergence, Big Time," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 11(3), pages 3-17, Summer.
- Don J. Webber & Paul White & David O. Allen, 2005. "Income Convergence across U.S. States: An Analysis Using Measures of Concordance and Discordance," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(3), pages 565-589.
- Case, Anne C. & Rosen, Harvey S. & Hines, James Jr., 1993. "Budget spillovers and fiscal policy interdependence : Evidence from the states," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 52(3), pages 285-307, October.
- Durlauf, Steven N., 2001. "Manifesto for a growth econometrics," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 100(1), pages 65-69, January.
- Michael T. Owyang & Jeremy Piger & Howard J. Wall, 2005. "Business Cycle Phases in U.S. States," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 87(4), pages 604-616, November.
- Julie Le Gallo, 2004.
"Space-Time Analysis of GDP Disparities among European Regions: A Markov Chains Approach,"
International Regional Science Review,
, vol. 27(2), pages 138-163, April.
- LE GALLO, Julie, 2001. "Space-time analysis of GDP disparities among European regions: A Markov chains approach," LATEC - Document de travail - Economie (1991-2003) 2001-06, LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS UMR 5118, Université de Bourgogne.
- Joseph DeJuan & Marc Tomljanovich, 2005. "Income convergence across Canadian provinces in the 20th century: Almost but not quite there," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 567-592, September.
- Baffoe-Bonnie, John, 1998. "The Dynamic Impact of Macroeconomic Aggregates on Housing Prices and Stock of Houses: A National and Regional Analysis," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 179-197, September.
- Maria Abreu & Henri L.F. de Groot & Raymond J.G.M. Florax, 2004. "Space and Growth," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 04-129/3, Tinbergen Institute.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Le, Canh Quang & Li, Dong, 2008. "Double-Length Regression tests for testing functional forms and spatial error dependence," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 101(3), pages 253-257, December.
- repec:spr:anresc:v:60:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00168-015-0705-x is not listed on IDEAS
- Burnett, Wesley & Lacombe, Donald J., 2012. "Accounting for Spatial Autocorrelation in the 2004 Presidential Popular Vote: A Reassessment of the Evidence," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 42(1), pages 75-89, Spring.
- Robert Lawson & Todd Nesbit, 2013. "Alchian and Allen Revisited: Law Enforcement and the Price of Weed," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 41(4), pages 363-370, December.
More about this item
Keywordsspatial econometrics; spatial error model; presidential election;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:pubfin:v:35:y:2007:i:4:p:480-499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .