Resource Wealth and the Risk of Civil War Onset: Results from a New Dataset of Natural Resource Rents, 1970â€”1999
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rigterink, Anouk S., 2010. "The wrong suspect. An enquiry into the endogeneity of natural resource measures to civil war," MPRA Paper 45263, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Axel Dreher & Merle Kreibaum, 2016. "Weapons of choice," Journal of Peace Research, Peace Research Institute Oslo, vol. 53(4), pages 539-553, July.
- de Soysa, Indra & Gizelis, Theodora-Ismene, 2013. "The natural resource curse and the spread of HIV/AIDS, 1990–2008," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 90-96.
- Bodea, Cristina & Higashijima, Masaaki & Singh, Raju Jan, 2016.
"Oil and Civil Conflict: Can Public Spending Have a Mitigation Effect?,"
Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 1-12.
- Singh, Raju Jan & Bodea, Cristina & Higashijima, Masaaki, 2014. "Oil and civil conflict : can public spending have a mitigation effect ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7100, The World Bank.
- Raju Jan Singh & Cristina Bodea & Masaaki Higashijima, 2014. "Oil and Civil Conflict : Can Public Spending Have a Mitigation Effect?," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20101, The World Bank.
- Korotayev, Andrey & Bilyuga, Stanislav & Belalov, Ilya & Goldstone, Jack, 2018. "Oil prices, socio-political destabilization risks, and future energy technologies," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 128(C), pages 304-310.
- Vesco, Paola & Dasgupta, Shouro & De Cian, Enrica & Carraro, Carlo, 2020. "Natural resources and conflict: A meta-analysis of the empirical literature," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 172(C).
- Vusal Musayev, 2016.
"Externalities in Military Spending and Growth: The Role of Natural Resources as a Channel through Conflict,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 27(3), pages 378-391, June.
- Musayev, Vusal, 2013. "Externalities in Military Spending and Growth: The Role of Natural Resources as a Channel through Conflict," MPRA Paper 59784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Musayev, Vusal, 2014. "Commodity Price Shocks, Conflict and Growth: The Role of Institutional Quality and Political Violence," MPRA Paper 59786, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Anthony Bebbington & Leonith Hinojosa & Denise Humphreys Bebbington & Maria Luisa Burneo & Ximena Warnaars, 2008. "Forum 2008," Development and Change, International Institute of Social Studies, vol. 39(6), pages 887-914, November.
- Neudorfer, Natascha S., 2018. "Commodities and corruption – How the middle class and democratic institutions lead to less corruption in resource-rich countries," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 175-191.
- Ibrahim Ahmed Elbadawi & Raimundo Soto, 2015.
"Resource rents, institutions, and violent civil conflicts,"
Defence and Peace Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(1), pages 89-113, February.
- Ibrahim Ahmed Elbadawi & Raimundo Soto, 2013. "Resource Rents, Institutions and Violent Civil Conflicts," Documentos de Trabajo 438, Instituto de Economia. Pontificia Universidad Católica de Chile..
- Ibrahim Elbadawi & Raimundo Soto, 2013. "Resource Rents, Institutions and Violent Civil Conflicts," Working Papers 775, Economic Research Forum, revised Sep 2013.
- Nkonya, Ephraim & Markelova, Helen, 2009. "Looking beyond the obvious: Uncovering the features of natural resource conflicts in Uganda," CAPRi working papers 95, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- repec:ipg:wpaper:2014-514 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jamal BOUOIYOUR & Refk SELMI & Muhammad SHAHBAZ, 2014.
"The Electricity Consumption in a Rentier State: Do Institutions Matter ?,"
2013-2014_12, CATT - UPPA - Université de Pau et des Pays de l'Adour, revised Apr 2014.
- Jamal Bouoiyour & Refk Selmi & Muhammad Shahbaz, 2014. "The Electricity Consumption in a Rentier State: Do Institutions Matter ?," Working Papers hal-01880334, HAL.
- Bouoiyour, Jamal & Selmi, Refk & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2014. "The Electricity Consumption in a Rentier State: Do Institutions Matter?," MPRA Paper 55412, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Richard Beard, 2017. "The Inclusion Of Natural Resource Wealth In The Index Of Economic Well-Being: Results For OECD Countries, 1980-2013," CSLS Research Reports 2017-04, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Caruso Raul, 2010. "International Relative Prices and Civil Wars in Africa: A Note," Peace Economics, Peace Science, and Public Policy, De Gruyter, vol. 16(1), pages 1-8, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sae:compsc:v:24:y:2007:i:3:p:201-218. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (SAGE Publications). General contact details of provider: http://pss.la.psu.edu/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.