Chinas Industrial Structure Change: Lessons from Japans Financial Slump
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Yasushi Suzuki, 2011. "Japan’s Financial Slump," Palgrave Macmillan Studies in Banking and Financial Institutions, Palgrave Macmillan, number 978-0-230-30770-4, June.
- Fan Gang, 2003. "China's Nonperforming Loans and National Comprehensive Liability," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 2(1), pages 145-152.
- Hitoshi Sasaki & Satoko Ueyama, 2009. "China's Industrial Structure and its Changes in Recent Years: An Analysis of the 1997-2005 Input-Output Tables," Bank of Japan Working Paper Series 09-E-2, Bank of Japan.
- Meghana Ayyagari & Asli Demirgüç-Kunt & Vojislav Maksimovic, 2010.
"Formal versus Informal Finance: Evidence from China,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 23(8), pages 3048-3097, August.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2008. "Formal versus informal finance : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4465, The World Bank.
- Masaharu Hanazaki & Akiyoshi Horiuchi, 2001. "Can the Financial Restraint Hypothesis Explain Japan's Postwar Experience?," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-130, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Yasushi Suzuki & Md. Dulal Miah & Jinyi Yuan, 2008. "China's Non-Performing Bank Loan Crisis: the role of economic rents," Asian-Pacific Economic Literature, Asia Pacific School of Economics and Government, The Australian National University, vol. 22(1), pages 57-70, May.
- Takeo Hoshi & Anil Kashyap, 2004. "Corporate Financing and Governance in Japan: The Road to the Future," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262582481, December.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Horiuchi, Akiyoshi, 2001. "Can the Financial Restraint Hypothesis Explain Japan's Postwar Experience?," CEI Working Paper Series 2001-12, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Alicia Garcia Herrero & Daniel Santabarbara Garcia, 2004. "Where Is The Chinese Banking System Going With The Ongoing Reform?," Macroeconomics 0408001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Hanazaki, Masaharu & Horiuchi, Akiyoshi, 2003. "A review of Japan's bank crisis from the governance perspective," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 11(3), pages 305-325, July.
- Campbell, Randall C. & Nagel, Gregory L., 2016. "Private information and limitations of Heckman's estimator in banking and corporate finance research," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 37(C), pages 186-195.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2012.
"Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 40(2), pages 291-313.
- Ho, Chun-Yu, 2009. "Market structure, welfare, and banking reform in China," BOFIT Discussion Papers 19/2009, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Chun-Yu Ho, 2009. "Market Structure, Welfare, and Banking Reform in China," Working Papers 302009, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Ayyagari, Meghana & Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Maksimovic, Vojislav, 2014. "Does local financial development matter for firm lifecycle in India ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7008, The World Bank.
- Ullah, Barkat, 2021. "Does innovation explain the performance gap between privatized and private firms?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 113(C).
- Kaoru Hosono & Koji Sakai & Kotaro Tsuru, 2009.
"Consolidation of Banks in Japan: Causes and Consequences,"
NBER Chapters, in: Financial Sector Development in the Pacific Rim, pages 265-309,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaoru Hosono & Koji Sakai & Kotaro Tsuru, 2007. "Consolidation of Banks in Japan: Causes and Consequences," NBER Working Papers 13399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- HOSONO Kaoru & SAKAI Koji & TSURU Kotaro, 2007. "Consolidation of Banks in Japan: Causes and Consequences," Discussion papers 07059, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- P.J. Buckley, 2009. "The rise of the Japanese multinational enterprise: then and now," Asia Pacific Business Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(3), pages 309-321, July.
- Chen, Zhiyuan & Li, Yong & Zhang, Jie, 2016. "The bank–firm relationship: Helping or grabbing?," International Review of Economics & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 385-403.
- Dowling, Michael & O’Gorman, Colm & Puncheva, Petya & Vanwalleghem, Dieter, 2019. "Trust and SME attitudes towards equity financing across Europe," Journal of World Business, Elsevier, vol. 54(6), pages 1-1.
- Hong Sun & Valentina Hartarska & Lezhu Zhang & Denis Nadolnyak, 2018. "The Influence of Social Capital on Farm Household’s Borrowing Behavior in Rural China," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(12), pages 1-20, November.
- Agarwal, Natasha & Milner, Chris & Riaño, Alejandro, 2014.
"Credit constraints and spillovers from foreign firms in China,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 261-275.
- Natasha Agarwal & Chris Milner & Alejandro Riano, 2014. "Credit Constraints and Spillovers from Foreign Firms in China," Discussion Papers 2014/07, University of Nottingham, Centre for Finance, Credit and Macroeconomics (CFCM).
- Singh, Nirvikar, 2018. "Financial Inclusion: Concepts, Issues and Policies for India," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt98p5m37s, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Fricke, Daniel & Roukny, Tarik, 2020. "Generalists and specialists in the credit market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Thangavelu, Shandre M. & Chongvilaivan, Aekapol, 2013.
"Financial Health and Firm Productivity: Firm-level Evidence from Viet Nam,"
ADBI Working Papers
434, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- Shandre M. Thangavelu & Aekapol Chongvilaivan, 2013. "Financial Health and Firm Productivity : Firm-level Evidence from Viet Nam," Microeconomics Working Papers 23638, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Takashi Nanjo & Makoto Kasuya, 2009. "Part-Paid Stock, Corporate Finance, and Investment: Economic Consequences of the Part-Paid Stock System and Supplementary Installments in the Early 1930s of Japan," IMES Discussion Paper Series 09-E-22, Institute for Monetary and Economic Studies, Bank of Japan.
- Jing Wu & Qiuge Yao & Haoxiang Tong, 2019. "Does monetary policy tightening reduce the maturity mismatch of investment and financing: Empirical evidence from China," Journal of Applied Finance & Banking, SCIENPRESS Ltd, vol. 9(6), pages 1-3.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Sergio Gavilá & Daniel Santabárbara, 2006.
"China's Banking Reform: An Assessment of its Evolution and Possible Impact,"
CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 52(2), pages 304-363, June.
- Alicia García-Herrero & Sergio Gavilá & Daniel Santabárbara, 2005. "China's banking reform: An assessment of its evolution and possible impact," Occasional Papers 0502, Banco de España.
- Alicia Garcia-Herrero & Sergio Gavila & Daniel Santabarbara, 2005. "China’s banking reform: An assessment of its evolution and possible impact," Finance 0508010, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chikashi Tsuji, 2012. "Positive return premia in Japan," Quantitative Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(3), pages 345-367, November.
- Löchel, Horst & Packham, Natalie & Hölzl, Eugen, 2016. "The funding of small and medium companies by shadow-banks in China," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 220, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Cull,Robert J. & Gan,Li & Gao,Nan & Xu,L. Colin & Cull,Robert J. & Gan,Li & Gao,Nan & Xu,L. Colin, 2015. "Dual credit markets and household access to finance : evidence from a representative Chinese household survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7454, The World Bank.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustrial structure change; Banking; Monitoring; China; Japan; NPL.;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rss:jnljpg:v2i1p1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.rassweb.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Danish Khalil (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.rassweb.org .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.