Changes In State Income Inequality From 1981 To 1987
This paper examines the changes in state-level income inequality from 1981 to 1987. Family income inequality is measured with Gini coefficients calculated for each state. Changes in these measures during this period appear to reflect, in part, the uneven economic restructuring across the states and regions during the 1980s.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Braun, Denny, 1988. "Multiple Measurements of U.S. Income Inequality," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 70(3), pages 398-405, August.
- John Bound & George E. Johnson, 1989. "Changes in the Structure of Wages During the 1980's: An Evaluation of Alternative Explanations," NBER Working Papers 2983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Leonard, Jonathan S & Jacobson, Louis, 1990. "Earnings Inequality and Job Turnover," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 298-302, May.
- McKinley L. Blackburn & David E. Bloom, 1987. "The Effects of Technological Change on Earnings and Income Inequality inthe United States," NBER Working Papers 2337, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bluestone, Barry & Harrison, Bennett, 1988. "The Growth of Low-Wage Employment: 1963-86," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 78(2), pages 124-128, May.
- Kakwani, Nanak C & Podder, N, 1976. "Efficient Estimation of the Lorenz Curve and Associated Inequality Measures from Grouped Observations," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(1), pages 137-148, January.