Dynamics of earnings inequality among female-headed households in the United States
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bluestone, Barry, 1990. "The Impact of Schooling and Industrial Restructuring on Recent Trends in Wage Inequality in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(2), pages 303-307, May.
- Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1999. "Income Inequality among Female Heads of Households: Racial Inequality Reconsidered," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(261), pages 119-133, February.
- Charles Brown, 1984.
"Black-White Earnings Ratios Since the Civil Rights Act of 1964: The Importance of Labor Market Dropouts,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 99(1), pages 31-44.
- Charles Brown, 1981. "Black-White Earnings Ratios Since the Civil Rights Act of 1964: The Importance of Labor Market Dropouts," NBER Working Papers 0617, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jerry A. Hausman, 1980.
"The effect of wages, taxes, and fixed costs on women's labor force participation,"
NBER Chapters,in: Econometric Studies in Public Finance, pages 161-194
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hausman, Jerry A., 1980. "The effect of wages, taxes, and fixed costs on women's labor force participation," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 161-194, October.
- J. Hausman, 1979. "The Effect of Wages, Taxes and Fixed Costs on Women's Labor Force Participation," Working papers 238, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1990. "Generalized entropy measures of mobility for different sexes and income levels," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 121-133.
- Shaw, Kathryn L, 1992. "The Life-Cycle Labor Supply of Married Women and Its Implications for Household Income Inequality," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(4), pages 659-672, October.
- Mary Corcoran & Greg J. Duncan, 1979. "Work History, Labor Force Attachment, and Earnings Differences between the Races and Sexes," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(1), pages 3-20.
- Ellwood, David T & Crane, Jonathan, 1990. "Family Change among Black Americans: What Do We Know?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 65-84, Fall.
- Jaynes, Gerald D, 1990. "The Labor Market Status of Black Americans: 1939-1985," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 4(4), pages 9-24, Fall.
- Burkhauser, Richard V & Holtz-Eakin, Douglas & Rhody, Stephen E, 1997.
"Labor Earnings Mobility and Inequality in the United States and Germany during the Growth Years of the 1980s,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 38(4), pages 775-794, November.
- Richard V. Burkhauser & Douglas Holtz-Eakin & Stephen E. Rhody, 1997. "Labor Earnings Mobility and Inequality in the United States and Germany During the Growth Years of the 1980s," NBER Working Papers 5988, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 1986. "The Measurement and Decomposition of Multi-dimensional Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 991-997, July.
- Blau, Francine D & Kahn, Lawrence M, 1994. "Rising Wage Inequality and the U.S. Gender Gap," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 84(2), pages 23-28, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:soceco:v:29:y:2000:i:1:p:73-89. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/620175 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.