Advances in Inequality Measurement and Usefulness of Statistical Inference
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Freedman, David A & Peters, Stephen C, 1984. "Bootstrapping an Econometric Model: Some Empirical Results," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 2(2), pages 150-158, April.
- Mills, Jeffrey A & Zandvakili, Sourushe, 1997.
"Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 133-150, March-Apr.
- Jeffrey A. Mills & Sourushe Zandvakili, 1999. "Statistical Inference via Bootstrapping for Measures of Inequality," Macroeconomics 9902003, EconWPA.
- Franklin M. Fisher, 1987. "Household Equivalence Scales and Interpersonal Comparisons," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 519-524.
- Bourguignon, Francois, 1979. "Decomposable Income Inequality Measures," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(4), pages 901-920, July.
- Cowell, Frank A., 1989. "Sampling variance and decomposable inequality measures," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 27-41, September.
- Gastwirth, Joseph L. & Nayak, Tapan K. & Wang, Jane-Ling, 1989. "Statistical properties of measures of between-group income differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 5-19, September.
- Atkinson, Anthony B., 1970. "On the measurement of inequality," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 244-263, September.
- Biewen, Martin, 2002. "Bootstrap inference for inequality, mobility and poverty measurement," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 108(2), pages 317-342, June.
- Maasoumi, Esfandiar, 1986. "The Measurement and Decomposition of Multi-dimensional Inequality," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(4), pages 991-997, July.
- Zandvakili, Sourushe & Mills, Jeffrey A., 2001. "The distributional implications of tax and transfer programs in US," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 167-181.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rustam Ibragimov & Marat Ibragimov & Jovlon Karimov & Galiya Yuldasheva, 2012. "Robust Analysis of Income Inequality Dynamics in Russia: t-Statistic Based Approaches," wiiw Balkan Observatory Working Papers 105, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Allanson, Paul & Petrie, Dennis, 2011.
"On decomposing the causes of changes in income-related health inequality with longitudinal data,"
SIRE Discussion Papers
2011-15, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Paul Allanson & Dennis Petrie, 2011. "On decomposing the causes of changes in income-related health inequality with longitudinal data," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 250, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality measurement; Statistical inference; Bootstrapping;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:fosoec:v:37:y:2008:i:2:p:135-145. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .