Accessibility: Long Term Perspectives
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Aschauer, David Alan, 1989. "Is public expenditure productive?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 177-200, March.
- Shirley, Chad & Winston, Clifford, 2004. "Firm inventory behavior and the returns from highway infrastructure investments," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(2), pages 398-415, March.
- Gregory Clark, 2007. "Introduction to A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World," Introductory Chapters, in: A Farewell to Alms: A Brief Economic History of the World, Princeton University Press.
- Mogens Fosgerau, 2005. "Unit income elasticity of the value of travel time savings," Urban/Regional 0508007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zheng, Nan & Waraich, Rashid A. & Axhausen, Kay W. & Geroliminis, Nikolas, 2012. "A dynamic cordon pricing scheme combining the Macroscopic Fundamental Diagram and an agent-based traffic model," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 46(8), pages 1291-1303.
- Ioannis Baraklianos & Louafi Bouzouina & Patrick Bonnel & Hind Aissaoui, 2020. "Does the accessibility measure influence the results of residential location choice modelling?," Transportation, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 1147-1176, June.
- Levinson, David M & Krizek, Kevin, 2008. "From the Editors," The Journal of Transport and Land Use, Center for Transportation Studies, University of Minnesota, vol. 1(2), pages 1-3.
- Lionjanga, Nahungu & Venter, Christo, 2018. "Does public transport accessibility enhance subjective well-being? A study of the City of Johannesburg," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(C), pages 523-535.
- Joanna Borowczyk, 2018. "Sustainable Urban Development: Spatial Analyses as Novel Tools for Planning a Universally Designed City," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(5), pages 1-16, May.
- Bouzouina, Louafi & Baraklianos, Ioannis & Bonnel, Patrick & Aissaoui, Hind, 2021. "Renters vs owners: The impact of accessibility on residential location choice. Evidence from Lyon urban area, France (1999–2013)," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 109(C), pages 72-84.
- Kasraian, Dena & Raghav, Shivani & Miller, Eric J., 2020. "A multi-decade longitudinal analysis of transportation and land use co-evolution in the Greater Toronto-Hamilton Area," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 84(C).
- Dena Kasraian & Kees Maat & Dominic Stead & Bert van Wee, 2016. "Long-term impacts of transport infrastructure networks on land-use change: an international review of empirical studies," Transport Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 772-792, November.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Wang, Xu & Zhang, Xiaobo & Xie, Zhuan & Huang, Yiping, 2016.
"Roads to innovation: Firm-level evidence from China:,"
IFPRI discussion papers
1542, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Xu Wang & Xiaobo Zhang & Zhuan Xie & Huang Yiping, 2016. "Roads to Innovation: Firm-Level Evidence from China," Working Papers id:11121, eSocialSciences.
- Fedderke, J.W. & Bogetic, Z., 2009.
"Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1522-1539, September.
- Johannes Fedderke & Å½eljko Bogetic, 2005. "Infrastructure and Growth in South Africa: Direct and Indirect Productivity Impacts of 19 Infrastructure Measures," Working Papers 39, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Fedderke, Johannes W. & Bogetic & Zeljko, 2006. "Infrastructure and growth in South Africa : direct and indirect productivity impacts of 19 infrastructure measures," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3989, The World Bank.
- Junjie Hong & Zhaofang Chu & Qiang Wang, 2011. "Transport infrastructure and regional economic growth: evidence from China," Transportation, Springer, vol. 38(5), pages 737-752, September.
- Melvin Ayogu, 0. "Infrastructure and Economic Development in Africa: A Review-super- †," Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 16(suppl_1), pages -126.
- Joubert, J.W. & Axhausen, K.W., 2011. "Inferring commercial vehicle activities in Gauteng, South Africa," Journal of Transport Geography, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 115-124.
- Michael Iacono & David Levinson, 2012. "Rural Highway Expansion and Economic Development: Impacts on Private Earnings and Employment," Working Papers 000101, University of Minnesota: Nexus Research Group.
- Zhang, Yanyan & Ma, Wenliang & Yang, Hangjun & Wang, Qiang, 2021. "Impact of high-speed rail on urban residents’ consumption in China—from a spatial perspective," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 106(C), pages 1-10.
- Saidi, Samir & Mani, Venkatesh & Mefteh, Haifa & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Akhtar, Pervaiz, 2020. "Dynamic linkages between transport, logistics, foreign direct Investment, and economic growth: Empirical evidence from developing countries," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 141(C), pages 277-293.
- Clifford Winston, 2020. "Comment on "Can America Reduce Highway Construction Costs? Evidence from the States"," NBER Chapters, in: Economic Analysis and Infrastructure Investment, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gunasekera, Kumudu & Anderson, William & Lakshmanan, T.R., 2008. "Highway-Induced Development: Evidence from Sri Lanka," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 36(11), pages 2371-2389, November.
- Clifford Winston, 2013. "On the Performance of the U.S. Transportation System: Caution Ahead," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 51(3), pages 773-824, September.
- Li, Zhigang & Wu, Mingqin & Chen, Bin R., 2017. "Is road infrastructure investment in China excessive? Evidence from productivity of firms," Regional Science and Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 116-126.
- Tang, Chor Foon & Abosedra, Salah, 2019. "Logistics performance, exports, and growth: Evidence from Asian economies," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C).
- Tscharaktschiew, Stefan, 2020. "Why are highway speed limits really justified? An equilibrium speed choice analysis," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 138(C), pages 317-351.
- Blonigen, Bruce A. & Cristea, Anca D., 2015. "Air service and urban growth: Evidence from a quasi-natural policy experiment," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 128-146.
- Axhausen, K.W. & Froelich, P. & Tschopp, M., 2011. "Changes in Swiss accessibility since 1850," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1), pages 72-80.
- Li, Han & Li, Zhigang, 2013. "Road investments and inventory reduction: Firm level evidence from China," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 43-52.
- Wang, Xu & Xie, Zhuan & Zhang, Xiaobo & Huang, Yiping, 2018. "Roads to innovation: Firm-level evidence from People's Republic of China (PRC)," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 154-170.
- Sun-Kwan Lee & Euijune Kim, 2015. "The effects of highway investments on production costs in the Korean manufacturing sector," International Journal of Urban Sciences, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(2), pages 182-191, July.
- Park, Jin Suk & Seo, Young-Joon & Ha, Min-Ho, 2019. "The role of maritime, land, and air transportation in economic growth: Panel evidence from OECD and non-OECD countries," Research in Transportation Economics, Elsevier, vol. 78(C).
More about this item
KeywordsAccessibility; policy; network growth; social network geography;
All these keywords.
- R40 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Transportation Economics - - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ris:jtralu:0008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ctumnus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Arlene Mathison (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ctumnus.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.