The Confluence of Culture and Social Media in Changing Service Expectations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kaplan, Andreas M. & Haenlein, Michael, 2010. "Users of the world, unite! The challenges and opportunities of Social Media," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 59-68, January.
- Rosalie L Tung, 2008. "The cross-cultural research imperative: the need to balance cross-national and intra-national diversity," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 39(1), pages 41-46, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Mahan, Joseph E. & Seo, Won Jae & Jordan, Jeremy S. & Funk, Daniel, 2015. "Exploring the impact of social networking sites on running involvement, running behavior, and social life satisfaction," Sport Management Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 182-192.
- Molina, Arturo & Fernández, Alejandra C. & Gómez, Mar & Aranda, Evangelina, 2017. "Differences in the city branding of European capitals based on online vs. offline sources of information," Tourism Management, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 28-39.
- Richey, Michelle & Ravishankar, M.N., 2019. "The role of frames and cultural toolkits in establishing new connections for social media innovation," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 325-333.
- Davide Giacomini & Paola Zola & Diego Paredi & Mario Mazzoleni, 2020. "Environmental disclosure and stakeholder engagement via social media: State of the art and potential in public utilities," Corporate Social Responsibility and Environmental Management, John Wiley & Sons, vol. 27(4), pages 1552-1564, July.
- Domenico CONSOLI, 2017. "The Use of Social Media and E-Commerce: a Winning Strategy for Small Businesses," North Economic Review, Technical University of Cluj Napoca, Department of Economics and Physics, vol. 1(1), pages 109-119, October.
- Schejter, Amit M. & Tirosh, Noam, 2015. "“Seek the meek, seek the just”: Social media and social justice," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(9), pages 796-803.
- Ma, Jie & Tse, Ying Kei & Wang, Xiaojun & Zhang, Minhao, 2019. "Examining customer perception and behaviour through social media research – An empirical study of the United Airlines overbooking crisis," Transportation Research Part E: Logistics and Transportation Review, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 192-205.
- Daas, Piet J.H. & Puts, Marco J.H., 2014. "Social media sentiment and consumer confidence," Statistics Paper Series 5, European Central Bank.
- Vasile-Daniel Păvăloaia & Elena-Mădălina Teodor & Doina Fotache & Magdalena Danileţ, 2019. "Opinion Mining on Social Media Data: Sentiment Analysis of User Preferences," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(16), pages 1-21, August.
- Zhepeng Li & Xiao Fang & Xue Bai & Olivia R. Liu Sheng, 2017. "Utility-Based Link Recommendation for Online Social Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 63(6), pages 1938-1952, June.
- Irina Maiorescu & Mihaela Bucur & Bogdan Georgescu & Daniel Moise & Vasile Alecsandru Strat & Ion Daniel Zgură, 2020. "Social Media and IOT Wearables in Developing Marketing Strategies. Do SMEs Differ From Large Enterprises?," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-18, September.
- Hemant Gehlot & Arif M. Sadri & Satish V. Ukkusuri, 2019. "Joint modeling of evacuation departure and travel times in hurricanes," Transportation, Springer, vol. 46(6), pages 2419-2440, December.
- Reilly, Anne H. & Hynan, Katherine A., 2014. "Corporate communication, sustainability, and social media: It's not easy (really) being green," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 57(6), pages 747-758.
- Saridakis, George & Benson, Vladlena & Ezingeard, Jean-Noel & Tennakoon, Hemamali, 2016. "Individual information security, user behaviour and cyber victimisation: An empirical study of social networking users," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 320-330.
- Wilert Puriwat & Suchart Tripopsakul, 2021. "Explaining Social Media Adoption for a Business Purpose: An Application of the UTAUT Model," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(4), pages 1-13, February.
- Kee-Young Kwahk & Byoungsoo Kim, 2017. "Effects of social media on consumers’ purchase decisions: evidence from Taobao," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 11(4), pages 803-829, December.
- Sabrina Oktaria Sihombing,, 2017. "Predicting intention to share news through social media: An empirical analysis in Indonesian youth context," Business and Economic Horizons (BEH), Prague Development Center, vol. 13(4), pages 468-477, October.
- Ekkapong Cheunkamon & Sajjakaj Jomnonkwao & Vatanavongs Ratanavaraha, 2020. "Determinant Factors Influencing Thai Tourists’ Intentions to Use Social Media for Travel Planning," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 12(18), pages 1-22, September.
- Kyungsik Han, 2018. "How do you perceive this author? Understanding and modeling authors’ communication quality in social media," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 13(2), pages 1-25, February.
- Rizwan Raheem Ahmed & Jolita Vveinhardt & Dalia Streimikiene, 2017. "Interactive digital media and impact of customer attitude and technology on brand awareness: evidence from the South Asian countries," Journal of Business Economics and Management, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 1115-1134, November.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer-generated content; media technology; social networks; purchase intention; buying habits; information sharing; cultural impact;
All these keywords.
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rdc:journl:v:3:y:2012:i:4:p:14-19. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Theodor Valentin Purcarea) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Theodor Valentin Purcarea to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://www.distribution-magazine.eu .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.