Replacing Contracts with Handshakes: A Study of Social Networks of Entrepreneurs in the Weaving Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gharad Bryan & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2015.
"Referrals: Peer Screening and Enforcement in a Consumer Credit Field Experiment,"
American Economic Journal: Microeconomics, American Economic Association, vol. 7(3), pages 174-204, August.
- Gharad T. Bryan & Dean Karlan & Jonathan Zinman, 2012. "Referrals: Peer Screening and Enforcement in a Consumer Credit Field Experiment," NBER Working Papers 17883, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bryan, Gharad & Karlan, Dean & Zinman, Jonathan, 2015. "Referrals: peer screening and enforcement in a consumer credit field experiment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 59009, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Benjamin Feigenberg & Erica Field & Rohini Pande, 2013. "The Economic Returns to Social Interaction: Experimental Evidence from Microfinance," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(4), pages 1459-1483.
- Johannisson, Bengt, 1988. "Business formation -- a network approach," Scandinavian Journal of Management, Elsevier, vol. 4(3-4), pages 83-99.
- Williamson, Oliver E, 1979. "Transaction-Cost Economics: The Governance of Contractural Relations," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 22(2), pages 233-261, October.
- Kevin Zheng Zhou & Dean Xu, 2012. "How foreign firms curtail local supplier opportunism in China: Detailed contracts, centralized control, and relational governance," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 43(7), pages 677-692, September.
- DeanS. Karlan, 2007.
"Social connections and group banking,"
Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 117(517), pages 52-84, February.
- Dean S. Karlan, 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Working Papers 913, Economic Growth Center, Yale University.
- Karlan, Dean S., 2007. "Social Connections and Group Banking," CEPR Discussion Papers 6194, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Karlan, Dean S., 2005. "Social Connections and Group Banking," Center Discussion Papers 28522, Yale University, Economic Growth Center.
- Robert Huggins & Andrew Johnston & Piers Thompson, 2012. "Network Capital, Social Capital and Knowledge Flow: How the Nature of Inter-organizational Networks Impacts on Innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 203-232, April.
- Kaivan Munshi, 2014. "Community Networks and the Process of Development," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 49-76, Fall.
- Gordon Walker & Bruce Kogut & Weijian Shan, 1997. "Social Capital, Structural Holes and the Formation of an Industry Network," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 8(2), pages 109-125, April.
- Mark Granovetter, 2005. "The Impact of Social Structure on Economic Outcomes," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 19(1), pages 33-50, Winter.
- Keld Laursen & Francesca Masciarelli & Andrea Prencipe, 2012. "Regions Matter: How Localized Social Capital Affects Innovation and External Knowledge Acquisition," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(1), pages 177-193, February.
- Ostgaard, Tone A. & Birley, Sue, 1996. "New venture growth and personal networks," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 37-50, May.
- Kevin Zheng Zhou & Laura Poppo, 2010. "Exchange hazards, relational reliability, and contracts in China: The contingent role of legal enforceability," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 41(5), pages 861-881, June.
- Hoang, Ha & Antoncic, Bostjan, 2003. "Network-based research in entrepreneurship: A critical review," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 165-187, March.
- Akbar Zaheer & Bill McEvily & Vincenzo Perrone, 1998. "Does Trust Matter? Exploring the Effects of Interorganizational and Interpersonal Trust on Performance," Organization Science, INFORMS, vol. 9(2), pages 141-159, April.
- Ekaterina Turkina & Mai Thi Thanh Thai, 2013. "Social capital, networks, trust and immigrant entrepreneurship: a cross-country analysis," Journal of Enterprising Communities: People and Places in the Global Economy, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 7(2), pages 108-124, May.
- Ahsan, Ahmad & Pagés, Carmen, 2009.
"Are all labor regulations equal? Evidence from Indian manufacturing,"
Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 37(1), pages 62-75, March.
- Ahsan, Ahmad & Pagés, Carmen, 2008. "Are All Labor Regulations Equal? Evidence from Indian Manufacturing," IZA Discussion Papers 3394, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsSocial Capital; SMEs; Transaction Costs; Entrepreneurship; Networks;
- D85 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Network Formation
- O17 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Formal and Informal Sectors; Shadow Economy; Institutional Arrangements
- L14 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Transactional Relationships; Contracts and Reputation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pid:journl:v:55:y:2016:i:4:p:331-348. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Khurram Iqbal). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/pideipk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.