Biodiversity, poverty, and development
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gordon C. Rausser & Arthur A. Small, 2000.
"Valuing Research Leads: Bioprospecting and the Conservation of Genetic Resources,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(1), pages 173-206, February.
- Rausser, Gordon C. & Small, Arthur A., 2000. "Valuing Research Leads: Bioprospecting and the Conservation of Genetic Resources," Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics, Working Paper Series qt4t56m5b8, Berkeley Olin Program in Law & Economics.
- World Bank, 2011. "The Changing Wealth of Nations : Measuring Sustainable Development in the New Millennium," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 2252, June.
- Selden Thomas M. & Song Daqing, 1994. "Environmental Quality and Development: Is There a Kuznets Curve for Air Pollution Emissions?," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 147-162, September.
- Sedjo, Roger A, 1992. "Property Rights, Genetic Resources, and Biotechnological Change," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 35(1), pages 199-213, April.
- Alexander Pfaff & Juan Robalino, 2012. "Protecting forests, biodiversity, and the climate: predicting policy impact to improve policy choice," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 164-179, Spring.
- Gene M. Grossman & Alan B. Krueger, 1995. "Economic Growth and the Environment," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(2), pages 353-377.
- Amani Omer & Unai Pascual & Noel P. Russell, 2007. "Biodiversity Conservation and Productivity in Intensive Agricultural Systems," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 58(2), pages 308-329, June.
- Simpson, R David & Sedjo, Roger A & Reid, John W, 1996. "Valuing Biodiversity for Use in Pharmaceutical Research," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 104(1), pages 163-185, February.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Mintewab Bezabih, 2008. "Agrobiodiversity conservation under an imperfect seed system:the role of Community Seed Banking schemes," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 38(1), pages 77-87, January.
- Zwane, Alix Peterson, 2007. "Does poverty constrain deforestation? Econometric evidence from Peru," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 84(1), pages 330-349, September.
- Van Dusen, M. Eric & Taylor, J. Edward, 2005. "Missing markets and crop diversity: evidence from Mexico," Environment and Development Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 513-531, August.
- Charles Perrings & George Halkos, 2012. "Who Cares about Biodiversity? Optimal Conservation and Transboundary Biodiversity Externalities," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 52(4), pages 585-608, August.
- Sims, Katharine R.E., 2010. "Conservation and development: Evidence from Thai protected areas," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 94-114, September.
- Evenson, Robert E & Gollin, Douglas, 1997.
"Genetic Resources, International Organizations, and Improvement in Rice Varieties,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 45(3), pages 471-500, April.
- Evenson, R.E. & Gollin, D., 1994. "Genetic Resources, International Organizations, and the Rice Varietal Improvement," Papers 713, Yale - Economic Growth Center.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Jean-Paul Chavas, 2007. "On Crop Biodiversity, Risk Exposure, and Food Security in the Highlands of Ethiopia," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(3), pages 599-611.
- Fisher, Brendan & Christopher, Treg, 2007. "Poverty and biodiversity: Measuring the overlap of human poverty and the biodiversity hotspots," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 62(1), pages 93-101, April.
- Dieter Helm & Cameron Hepburn, 2012. "The economic analysis of biodiversity: an assessment," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(1), pages 1-21, Spring.
- Mills, Julianne H. & Waite, Thomas A., 2009. "Economic prosperity, biodiversity conservation, and the environmental Kuznets curve," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(7), pages 2087-2095, May.
- Benin, S. & Smale, M. & Pender, J. & Gebremedhin, B. & Ehui, S., 2004. "The economic determinants of cereal crop diversity on farms in the Ethiopian highlands," Agricultural Economics, Blackwell, vol. 31(2-3), pages 197-208, December.
- Di Falco, Salvatore & Perrings, Charles, 2005.
"Crop biodiversity, risk management and the implications of agricultural assistance,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 459-466, December.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Charles Perrings, 2004. "Crop Biodiversity, Risk Management and the Implications of Agricultural Assistance," Working Papers 0084, National University of Ireland Galway, Department of Economics, revised 2004.
- Melinda Smale & Jason Hartell & Paul W. Heisey & Ben Senauer, 1998. "The Contribution of Genetic Resources and Diversity to Wheat Production in the Punjab of Pakistan," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 80(3), pages 482-493.
- Salvatore Di Falco & Jean‐Paul Chavas & Melinda Smale, 2007. "Farmer management of production risk on degraded lands: the role of wheat variety diversity in the Tigray region, Ethiopia," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 36(2), pages 147-156, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Klasen, Stephan & Meyer, Katrin M. & Dislich, Claudia & Euler, Michael & Faust, Heiko & Gatto, Marcel & Hettig, Elisabeth & Melati, Dian N. & Jaya, I. Nengah Surati & Otten, Fenna & Pérez-Cruzado, Cés, 2016.
"Economic and ecological trade-offs of agricultural specialization at different spatial scales,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 122(C), pages 111-120.
- Stephan Klasen & Katrin M. Meyer & Claudia Dislich & Michael Euler & Heiko Faust & Marcel Gatto & Elisabeth Hettig & Dian N. Melati & I. Nengah Surati Jaya & Fenna Otten & César Perez & Stefanie Stein, 2015. "Economic and ecological trade-offs of agricultural specialization at different spatial scales," Courant Research Centre: Poverty, Equity and Growth - Discussion Papers 178, Courant Research Centre PEG.
- Sonia SCHWARTZ & Jean Galbert ONGONO OLINGA & Eric Nazindigouba KERE & Pascale COMBES MOTEL & Jean-Louis COMBES & Johanna CHOUMERT & Ariane Manuela AMIN, 2014.
"A spatial econometric approach to spillover effects between protected areas and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon,"
- Ariane Manuela Amin & Johanna Choumert & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Eric Nazindigouba Kere & Jean Galbert Ongono Olinga & Sonia Schwartz, 2015. "A spatial econometric approach to spillover effects between protected areas and deforestation in the Brazilian Amazon," Working Papers halshs-00960476, HAL.
- Amin, A. & Choumert-Nkolo, J. & Combes, J.-L. & Combes Motel, P. & Kéré, E.N. & Ongono-Olinga, J.-G. & Schwartz, S., 2019.
"Neighborhood effects in the Brazilian Amazônia: Protected areas and deforestation,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 272-288.
- Ariane Amin & Johanna Choumert-Nkolo & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Eric N. Kéré & Jean-Galbert Ongono-Olinga & Sonia Schwartz, 2018. "Neighborhood effects in the Brazilian Amazônia: Protected areas and deforestation," Post-Print hal-01951359, HAL.
- Sonia Schwartz & Johanna Choumert-Nkolo & Jean-Louis Combes & Pascale Combes Motel & Éric Nazindigouba Kere, 2019. "On the optimal setting of protected areas," Working Papers halshs-02082753, HAL.
- Markova-Nenova, Nonka & Wätzold, Frank, 2017. "PES for the poor? Preferences of potential buyers of forest ecosystem services for including distributive goals in the design of payments for conserving the dry spiny forest in Madagascar," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 80(C), pages 71-79.
- Ma, Ben & Cai, Zhen & Zheng, Jie & Wen, Yali, 2019. "Conservation, ecotourism, poverty, and income inequality – A case study of nature reserves in Qinling, China," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 236-244.
- C. Hall & J. I. Macdiarmid & R. B. Matthews & P. Smith & S. F. Hubbard & T. P. Dawson, 2019. "The relationship between forest cover and diet quality: a case study of rural southern Malawi," Food Security: The Science, Sociology and Economics of Food Production and Access to Food, Springer;The International Society for Plant Pathology, vol. 11(3), pages 635-650, June.
- Venghaus, Sandra & Selbmann, Kirsten, 2014. "Biofuel as social fuel: Introducing socio-environmental services as a means to reduce global inequity?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 84-92.
- Ben Ma & Yali Wen, 2019. "Community Participation and Preferences Regarding Conservation and Development Policies in China’s Giant Panda Nature Reserves," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 11(18), pages 1-17, September.
- Mills Busa, Julianne H., 2013. "Dynamite in the EKC tunnel? Inconsistencies in resource stock analysis under the environmental Kuznets curve hypothesis," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 116-126.
- Wang Bing & K M Safiqul Islam & Md. Miraj Hossen, 2019. "Economic development through the implementation of environment policies:An empirical study from the South-West coastal areas of Bangladesh," International Journal of Research in Business and Social Science (2147-4478), Center for the Strategic Studies in Business and Finance, vol. 8(6), pages 292-300, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:oxford:v:28:y:2012:i:1:p:48-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Oxford University Press). General contact details of provider: https://academic.oup.com/oxrep .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.