The Effect Of 'Organic' Labels On Consumer Perception Of Chocolates
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Jayson L. Lusk & Brian C. Briggeman, 2009. "Food Values," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 184-196.
- Katrin, Millock & Hansen, Lars Gårn, 2002. "Willingness to Pay for Organic Foods: A Comparison between Survey Data and Panel Data from Denmark," MPRA Paper 47588, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Brunsø, Karen & Fjord, Thomas Ahle & Grunert, Klaus G., 2002. "Consumers' food choice and quality perception," MAPP Working Papers 77, University of Aarhus, Aarhus School of Business, The MAPP Centre.
- Idda, Lorenzo & Madau, Fabio A. & Pulina, Pietro, 2008. "The Motivational Profile of Organic Food Consumers: a Survey of Specialized Stores Customers in Italy," 2008 International Congress, August 26-29, 2008, Ghent, Belgium 43946, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Zanoli, Raffaele & Naspetti, Simona, 2002. "Consumer motivations in the purchase of organic food. A means-end approach," MPRA Paper 32712, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bauer, Hans H. & Heinrich, Daniel & Schäfer, Daniela B., 2013. "The effects of organic labels on global, local, and private brands," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(8), pages 1035-1043.
- Brécard, Dorothée & Hlaimi, Boubaker & Lucas, Sterenn & Perraudeau, Yves & Salladarré, Frédéric, 2009. "Determinants of demand for green products: An application to eco-label demand for fish in Europe," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 115-125, November.
- Lusk, Jayson L. & Briggeman, Brian C., 2008. "AJAE appendix for “Food Values”," American Journal of Agricultural Economics APPENDICES, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 91(1), pages 1-12, February.
- Jonathon P. Schuldt & Norbert Schwarz, 2010. "The ``organic'' path to obesity? Organic claims influence calorie judgments and exercise recommendations," Judgment and Decision Making, Society for Judgment and Decision Making, vol. 5(3), pages 144-150, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Seufert, Verena & Ramankutty, Navin & Mayerhofer, Tabea, 2017. "What is this thing called organic? – How organic farming is codified in regulations," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 68(C), pages 10-20.
- Karthik Sridhar & Ram Bezawada & Minakshi Trivedi, 2012. "Investigating the Drivers of Consumer Cross-Category Learning for New Products Using Multiple Data Sets," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 31(4), pages 668-688, July.
- Palma, Marco A. & Ness, Meghan L. & Anderson, David P., 2015. "Buying More than Taste? A Latent Class Analysis of Health and Prestige Determinants of Healthy Food," 2015 Conference (59th), February 10-13, 2015, Rotorua, New Zealand 202566, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society.
- Demartini, Eugenio & Ricci, Elena Claire & Mattavelli, Simone & Stranieri, Stefanella & Gaviglio, Anna & Banterle, Alessandro & Richetin, Juliette & Perugini, Marco, 2018. "Exploring Consumer Biased Evaluations: Halos Effects of Local Food and of Related Attributes," International Journal on Food System Dynamics, International Center for Management, Communication, and Research, vol. 9(4), August.
- Jessica Aschemann-Witzel & Stephan Zielke, 2017. "Can't Buy Me Green? A Review of Consumer Perceptions of and Behavior Toward the Price of Organic Food," Journal of Consumer Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 51(1), pages 211-251, March.
- Marco Costanigro & Oana Deselnicu & Dawn Thilmany McFadden, 2016. "Product differentiation via corporate social responsibility: consumer priorities and the mediating role of food labels," Agriculture and Human Values, Springer;The Agriculture, Food, & Human Values Society (AFHVS), vol. 33(3), pages 597-609, September.
- Pouliot, Sebastien & Sumner, Daniel A., 2014.
"Differential impacts of country of origin labeling: COOL econometric evidence from cattle markets,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 49(P1), pages 107-116.
- Pouliot, Sébastien & Sumner, Daniel A., 2012. "Differential Impacts of Country of Origin Labeling: COOL Econometric Evidence from Cattle Markets," Working Papers 148593, Structure and Performance of Agriculture and Agri-products Industry (SPAA).
- Danny Campbell & Seda Erdem, 2015.
"Position Bias in Best-worst Scaling Surveys: A Case Study on Trust in Institutions,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 97(2), pages 526-545.
- Campbell, Danny & Erdem, Seda, 2014. "Position bias in best-worst scaling surveys: a case study on trust in institutions," 2014 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2014, Minneapolis, Minnesota 177167, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Disdier, Anne-Célia & Marette, Stéphan & Millet, Guy, 2013.
"Are consumers concerned about palm oil? Evidence from a lab experiment,"
Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 180-189.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Stéphan Marette & Guy Millet, 2013. "Are Consumers Concerned about Palm Oil? Evidence from a Lab Experiment," FOODSECURE Working papers 7, LEI Wageningen UR.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Stephan Marette & Guy Millet, 2013. "Are consumers concerned about palm oil? Evidence from a lab experiment," Post-Print hal-01003451, HAL.
- Anne-Célia Disdier & Stephan Marette & Guy Millet, 2013. "Are consumers concerned about palm oil? Evidence from a lab experiment," PSE-Ecole d'économie de Paris (Postprint) hal-01003451, HAL.
- Asche, Frank & Larsen, Thomas A. & Smith, Martin D. & Sogn-Grundvåg, Geir & Young, James A., 2015. "Pricing of eco-labels with retailer heterogeneity," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 53(C), pages 82-93.
- Rajo, Lindelly A. & Michelle S, Segovia & Arias, Fredi & Marco A., Palma, 2016. "Willingness-to-Pay for an Educational Label: The Zamorano University Brand," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 19(1), pages 1-14, February.
- Sackett, Hillary & Shupp, Robert & Tonsor, Glynn, 2016. "Differentiating “Sustainable” From “Organic” And “Local” Food Choices: Does Information About Certification Criteria Help Consumers?," International Journal of Food and Agricultural Economics (IJFAEC), Alanya Alaaddin Keykubat University, Department of Economics and Finance, vol. 4(3), pages 1-15, July.
- Rana, Jyoti & Paul, Justin, 2017. "Consumer behavior and purchase intention for organic food: A review and research agenda," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 157-165.
- Hamzaoui-Essoussi, Leila & Sirieix, Lucie & Zahaf, Mehdi, 2013.
"Trust orientations in the organic food distribution channels: A comparative study of the Canadian and French markets,"
Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 292-301.
- Leila Hamzaoui-Essoussi & Lucie Sirieix & Mehdi Zahaf, 2013. "Trust orientations in the organic food distribution channels: a comparative study of the Canadian and French markets," Post-Print hal-02641873, HAL.
- Alho, Eeva, 2015. "The effect of social bonding and identity on the decision to invest in food production," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 47-55.
- Soto, José R. & Adams, Damian C. & Escobedo, Francisco J., 2016. "Landowner attitudes and willingness to accept compensation from forest carbon offsets: Application of best–worst choice modeling in Florida USA," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 35-42.
- Zheng, Qiujie & Wang, H. Holly, 2016. "Chinese preferences for sustainable attributes for food away from home: A rank-ordered model," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(C), pages 148-158.
- Uwamariya, Beatrice, 2014. "Assessment of Consumer Awareness and Preferences for Quality Certification and Origin-Labeling in Fruit Salads in Kigali,Rwanda," Research Theses 198512, Collaborative Masters Program in Agricultural and Applied Economics.
- Chen, Xianwen & Alfnes , Frode & Rickertsen , Kyrre, 2015. "Labeling Farmed Seafood," Working Paper Series 10-2015, Norwegian University of Life Sciences, School of Economics and Business.
- repec:ags:aaea16:236057 is not listed on IDEAS
- Bauman, Allison & Jablonski, Becca B.R. & Thilmany McFadden, Dawn, 2016. "Evaluating Scale and Technical Efficiency among Farms and Ranches with a Local Market Orientation," 2016 Annual Meeting, July 31-August 2, Boston, Massachusetts 242364, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordsorganic food; chocolate; food marketing; imperfect information;
All these keywords.
- M31 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Marketing
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ora:journl:v:1:y:2015:i:1:p:448-457. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feoraro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catalin ZMOLE The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Catalin ZMOLE to update the entry or send us the correct address (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/feoraro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.