The ``organic'' path to obesity? Organic claims influence calorie judgments and exercise recommendations
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gafni, Amiram & Charles, Cathy & Whelan, Tim, 1998. "The physician-patient encounter: The physician as a perfect agent for the patient versus the informed treatment decision-making model," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, pages 347-354.
- Kahneman, Daniel & Tversky, Amos, 1979.
"Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk,"
Econometric Society, vol. 47(2), pages 263-291, March.
- Amos Tversky & Daniel Kahneman, 1979. "Prospect Theory: An Analysis of Decision under Risk," Levine's Working Paper Archive 7656, David K. Levine.
- Koehler, Jonathan J. & Gershoff, Andrew D., 2003. "Betrayal aversion: When agents of protection become agents of harm," Organizational Behavior and Human Decision Processes, Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 244-261, March.
- Fetherstonhaugh, David & Slovic, Paul & Johnson, Stephen & Friedrich, James, 1997. "Insensitivity to the Value of Human Life: A Study of Psychophysical Numbing," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 283-300, May-June.
- Jenni, Karen E & Loewenstein, George, 1997. "Explaining the "Identifiable Victim Effect."," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 235-257, May-June.
- Baron, Jonathan, 1997. "Confusion of Relative and Absolute Risk in Valuation," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 14(3), pages 301-309, May-June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bimbo, Francesco & Bonanno, Alessandro & Viscecchia, Rosaria & Nardone, Gianluca, 2014. "Market valuation of health claims’ types and strength: the Italian yogurt market," 2014 International Congress, August 26-29, 2014, Ljubljana, Slovenia 182738, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Marietta Kiss & Kontor Eniko & Kun Andras Istvan, 2015. "The Effect Of 'Organic' Labels On Consumer Perception Of Chocolates," Annals of Faculty of Economics, University of Oradea, Faculty of Economics, vol. 1(1), pages 448-457, July.
- Muller, L. & Prevost, M., 2016. "What cognitive sciences have to say about the impacts of nutritional labelling formats," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 55(C), pages 17-29.
More about this item
Keywordsorganic; food labeling; health claims; halo effects; calorie estimation; obesity.;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jdm:journl:v:5:y:2010:i:3:p:144-150. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .