Recognized Values and Consumption Patterns of Post-Crisis Consumers
The financial crisis unleashed in the usa in 2007 was followed by a domino effect and caused an important global lost of ethical values when pursuing monetary health. The individual citizen, who has been preached to for decades that it is alright to spend the money and to be indebted, was suddenly faced with disillusionment and sobering. An exploratory in-depth study has been proposed to assess the state of values and consumption patterns of post-crisis consumers in Slovenia, using methods of the online focus group, quantitative and qualitative content analysis of media and documents. Findings confirm that there has been a slight but visible shift from the consumerism orientation toward a more conscious spending attitude, and consumers’ values indicated the change of direction from individualistic to the community and family driven. Consumers are aware of their rights, of their power, and are willing to raise their voices. Time will show if this shift is of limited duration only.
Volume (Year): 9 (2011)
Issue (Month): 2 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Cankarjeva 5, SI-6104 Koper, PO BOX 345|
Phone: 05 610 20 00
Fax: 05 610 20 15
Web page: http://www.mgt.fm-kp.si
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Web: http://www.mgt.fm-kp.si Email: |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Bratina Danijel & Faganel Armand, 2008. "Forecasting the Primary Demand for a Beer Brand Using Time Series Analysis," Organizacija, De Gruyter Open, vol. 41(3), pages 116-124, May.
- A. Jolibert & P. Jourdan, 2005. "Marketing Research," Post-Print halshs-00095262, HAL.
- Cudjoe, Godsway & Breisinger, Clemens & Diao, Xinshen, 2010. "Local impacts of a global crisis: Food price transmission, consumer welfare and poverty in Ghana," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(4), pages 294-302, August.
- Bratkovic, Tina & Antoncic, Bostjan & Ruzzier, Mitja, 2009. "Strategic utilization of entrepreneur's resource-based social capital and small firm growth," Journal of Management & Organization, Cambridge University Press, vol. 15(04), pages 486-499, September.
- H. Leibenstein, 1950. "Bandwagon, Snob, and Veblen Effects in the Theory of Consumers' Demand," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(2), pages 183-207.
- Martin Hellwig, 2009. "Systemic Risk in the Financial Sector: An Analysis of the Subprime-Mortgage Financial Crisis," De Economist, Springer, vol. 157(2), pages 129-207, June.
- Ramalho, Esmeralda A. & Caleiro, António & Dionfsio, Andreia, 2011. "Explaining consumer confidence in Portugal," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 25-32, February.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mgt:youmgt:v:9:y:2011:i:2:p:151-170. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Alen Jezovnik)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.