The Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on Trade: A Panel Study on Pakistan’s Trading Partners
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Andersen T. G & Bollerslev T. & Diebold F. X & Labys P., 2001. "The Distribution of Realized Exchange Rate Volatility," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 96, pages 42-55, March.
- Isard,Peter, 1995. "Exchange Rate Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521466004, June.
- Helge Berger & Jan-Egbert Sturm & Jakob de Haan, 2000. "An Empirical Investigation into Exchange Rate Regime Choice and Exchange Rate Volatility," CESifo Working Paper Series 263, CESifo Group Munich.
- Solimano, Andres, 1986. "Contractionary devaluation in the southern cone : The case of Chile," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 135-151, September.
- Tenreyro, Silvana, 2007.
"On the trade impact of nominal exchange rate volatility,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 82(2), pages 485-508, March.
- Silvana Tenreyro, 2003. "On the trade impact of nominal exchange rate volatility," Working Papers 03-2, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Shehu Usman Rano Aliyu, 2010.
"Exchange rate volatility and export trade in Nigeria: an empirical investigation,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(13), pages 1071-1084.
- Aliyu, Shehu Usman Rano, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Export Trade in Nigeria: An Empirical Investigation," MPRA Paper 13490, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 Feb 2009.
- Michel Beine & Jérôme Lahaye & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely & Franz C. Palm, 2007.
"Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility, its continuous and jump components,"
International Journal of Finance & Economics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(2), pages 201-223.
- Michel Beine & Jérôme Lahaye & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher Neely & Franz Palm, 2007. "Central Bank intervention and exchange rate volatility: its continuous and jump components," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/10413, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Michel Beine & Jérôme Lahaye & Sébastien Laurent & Christopher J. Neely & Franz C. Palm, 2007. "Central bank intervention and exchange rate volatility, its continuous and jump components," Working Papers 2006-031, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- McKenzie, Michael D, 1999. " The Impact of Exchange Rate Volatility on International Trade Flows," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(1), pages 71-106, February.
- Hayakawa, Kazunobu & Kimura, Fukunari, 2009.
"The effect of exchange rate volatility on international trade in East Asia,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 395-406, December.
- Kazunobu HAYAKAWA & Fukunari KIMURA, 2008. "The Effect of Exchange Rate Volatility on International Trade in East Asia," Working Papers d003, Economic Research Institute for ASEAN and East Asia (ERIA).
- Peter B. Clark & Shang-Jin Wei & Natalia T. Tamirisa & Azim M Sadikov & Li Zeng, 2004. "A New Look at Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade Flows," IMF Occasional Papers 235, International Monetary Fund.
- Buddelmeyer, Hielke & Jensen, Paul H. & Oguzoglu, Umut & Webster, Elizabeth, 2008. "Fixed Effects Bias in Panel Data Estimators," IZA Discussion Papers 3487, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Benassy-Quere, AgnEs & Fontagne, Lionel & LahrEche-Revil, Amina, 2001. "Exchange-Rate Strategies in the Competition for Attracting Foreign Direct Investment," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 178-198, June.
- Myint Moe Chit & Marian Rizov & Dirk Willenbockel, 2010.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports: New Empirical Evidence from the Emerging East Asian Economies,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 239-263, February.
- Chit, Myint Moe & Rizov, Marian & Willenbockel, Dirk, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports: New Empirical Evidence from the Emerging East Asian Economies," MPRA Paper 9014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozturk, 2006. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade: A Literature Survey," International Journal of Applied Econometrics and Quantitative Studies, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 3(1), pages 85-102.
- Jorge I Canales Kriljenko & Karl F Habermeier, 2004. "Structural Factors Affecting Exchange Rate Volatility; A Cross-Section Study," IMF Working Papers 04/147, International Monetary Fund.
- M. Ali Kemal, 2005. "Exchange Rate Instability and Trade. The Case of Pakistan," PIDE-Working Papers 2005:186, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Jongwanich, Juthathip, 2010. "Capital Flows and Real Exchange Rates in Emerging Asian Countries," ADB Economics Working Paper Series 210, Asian Development Bank.
- Qayyum, Abdul & Kemal, A. R., 2006. "Volatility Spillover Between the Stock Market and the Foreign Exchange Market in Pakistan," MPRA Paper 1715, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khalid Mustafa & Mohammed Nishat, 2004. "Volatility of Exchange Rate and Export Growth in Pakistan: The Structure and Interdependence in Regional Markets," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 813-828.
- Gylfason, Thorvaldur & Risager, Ole, 1984. "Does devaluation improve the current account?," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 25(1), pages 37-64, June.
- Isard,Peter, 1995. "Exchange Rate Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521460477, June.
- Agathe Cote, "undated". "Exchange Rate Volatility and Trade: A Survey," Staff Working Papers 94-5, Bank of Canada.
- Brada, Josef C & Mendez, Jose, 1988. "Exchange Rate Risk, Exchange Rate Regime and the Volume of International Trade," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 41(2), pages 263-280.
- Franke, Gunter, 1991. "Exchange rate volatility and international trading strategy," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 292-307, June.
- Thorvaldur Gylfason & Michael Schmid, 1983. "Does Devaluation Cause Stagflation?," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 16(4), pages 641-654, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Iqbal, Javed & Salam, Muhammad, 2016. "Short run and long run effects of exchange rate volatility on commodity trade between Pakistan and Japan," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 131-142.
- repec:kap:ecopln:v:50:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10644-016-9187-9 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsGARCH models; foreign exchange markets; volatility; panel data; fixed-effects model; international financial markets; foreign exchange policy; trade; Pakistan. markets; forecasting; exchange rate volatility; Pakistan.;
- C53 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling - - - Forecasting and Prediction Models; Simulation Methods
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
- F44 - International Economics - - Macroeconomic Aspects of International Trade and Finance - - - International Business Cycles
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- G15 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - International Financial Markets
- O24 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Trade Policy; Factor Movement; Foreign Exchange Policy
- F1 - International Economics - - Trade
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lje:journl:v:19:y:2014:i:1:p:31-66. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Shahid Salahuddin). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/lsecopk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.