The impact of inter-firm networks on regional development: the case of Mendoza’s wine cluster
Cooperation among firms can be analyzed from different theoretical perspectives. The objective of this paper is to frame the analysis of firms’ networks according to the local economic development approach. Since fostering cooperation between firms is one of the main elements of local economic development, the objective of this study is to identify the activities and strategies of Mendoza’s Wine Cluster that drive the dynamics and development of this regional territory. We provide a theoretical and descriptive analysis to characterize some elements of local development and inter-firm cooperation, so as to identify the possible impacts of winery activity at a regional level.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 76 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://economia.udea.edu.co|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:|| Postal: Lecturas de Economía, Departamento de Economía, Calle 67, 53-108, Medellin 050010, Colombia.|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Lotero, Jorge & Posada, Héctor Mauricio & Valderrama, Daniel, 2010.
"La competitividad de los departamentos colombianos desde la perspectiva de la geografía económica,"
REVISTA LECTURAS DE ECONOMÍA,
UNIVERSIDAD DE ANTIOQUIA - CIE, January.
- Jorge Lotero Contreras & Héctor Mauricio Posada Duque & Daniel Valderrama, 2009. "The Competitiveness of Colombian Departments: An Analysis from the Economic Geography Perspective," Lecturas de Economía, Universidad de Antioquia, Departamento de Economía, issue 71, pages 107-140.
- Christine Oughton & Geoff Whittam., .
"Competition and Co-operation in the Small Firm Sector,"
9602, Business School - Economics, University of Glasgow.
- Oughton, Christine & Whittam, Geoff, 1997. "Competition and Cooperation in the Small Firm Sector," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 44(1), pages 1-30, February.
- Varisco, Cristina, 2007. "Iniciativas de desarrollo local y fomento del cluster turístico," Nülan. Deposited Documents 327, Centro de Documentación, Facultad de Ciencias Económicas y Sociales, Universidad Nacional de Mar del Plata.
- -, 2004. "Revista de la CEPAL no.82," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- -, 2004. "Revista de la CEPAL no.83," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- -, 2004. "Revista de la CEPAL no.84," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lde:journl:y:2012:i:76:p:177-213. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlos Andrés Vasco Correa)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.