On the Depreciation of Automobiles: An International Comparison
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Feyzioglu, Tarhan N., 1997.
"Is demand for polluting goods manageable? An econometric study of car ownership and use in Mexico,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 53(2), pages 423-445, August.
- Eskeland, Gunnar S. & Feyzioglu, Tarhan N. & DEC, 1994. "Is demand for polluting goods manageable? an econometric study of car ownership and use in Mexico," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1309, The World Bank.
- Jorgenson, Dale W, 1996.
"Empirical Studies of Depreciation,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 24-42, January.
- Jorgenson, D.W., 1994. "Empirical Studies of Depriciation," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 1704, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Perry, Gregory M & Glyer, J David, 1990. "Durable Asset Depreciation: A Reconciliation between Hypotheses," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 72(3), pages 524-529, August.
- Robert S. Pindyck, 1979. "The Structure of World Energy Demand," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262661772, January.
- Bruce W Hamilton & Molly Macauley, 1996. "Competition and Car Longevity," Economics Working Paper Archive 361, The Johns Hopkins University,Department of Economics.
- Alan Greenspan & Darrel Cohen, 1999.
"Motor Vehicle Stocks, Scrappage, And Sales,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 81(3), pages 369-383, August.
- Alan Greenspan & Darrel Cohen, "undated". "Motor Vehicle Stocks, Scrappage, and Sales," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 1996-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Alan Greenspan & Darrel Cohen, 1996. "Motor vehicle stocks, scrappage, and sales," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 96-40, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Griffin, James M & Gregory, Paul R, 1976. "An Intercountry Translog Model of Energy Substitution Responses," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(5), pages 845-857, December.
- Oliner, Stephen D, 1996. "New Evidence on the Retirement and Depreciation of Machine Tools," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(1), pages 57-77, January.
- Frank C. Wykoff, 1973. "A User Cost Approach to New Automobile Purchases," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 40(3), pages 377-390.
- Parks, Richard W, 1979. "Durability, Maintenance and the Price of Used Assets," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 17(2), pages 197-217, April.
- Grubel, Herbert G., 1980. "International trade in used cars and problems of economic development," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(10), pages 781-788, October.
- James A. Kahn, 1986. "Gasoline Prices and the Used Automobile Market: A Rational Expectations Asset Price Approach," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 101(2), pages 323-339.
- Hulten, Charles R. & Wykoff, Frank C., 1981. "The estimation of economic depreciation using vintage asset prices : An application of the Box-Cox power transformation," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 367-396, April.
- Parks, Richard W, 1977. "Determinants of Scrapping Rates for Postwar Vintage Automobiles," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(5), pages 1099-1115, July.
- Wykoff, Frank C, 1970. "Capital Depreciation in the Postwar Period: Automobiles," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 52(2), pages 168-172, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ufuk Demiroglu & Caglar Yunculer, 2016. "Estimating light-vehicle sales in Turkey," Central Bank Review, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey, vol. 16(3), pages 93-108.
- Selby, Brent & Kockelman, Kara M., 2012. "Microsimulating Automobile Markets: Evolution of Vehicle Holdings and Vehicle Pricing Dynamics," Journal of the Transportation Research Forum, Transportation Research Forum, vol. 51(2).
- Jie Lin & Cynthia Chen & Debbie Niemeier, 2008. "An analysis on long term emission benefits of a government vehicle fleet replacement plan in northern illinois," Transportation, Springer, vol. 35(2), pages 219-235, March.
- Kaliczka, Nándor, 2012.
"A tartós eszközök értékcsökkenési mintájának empirikus becslése
[Empirical estimation of the depreciation pattern of durable assets]," Közgazdasági Szemle (Economic Review - monthly of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences), Közgazdasági Szemle Alapítvány (Economic Review Foundation), vol. 0(3), pages 285-310.
- Storchmann, Karl, 2005. "Long-Run Gasoline demand for passenger cars: the role of income distribution," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 25-58, January.
- repec:eee:appene:v:209:y:2018:i:c:p:108-119 is not listed on IDEAS
- Yurko, Anna, 2008. "From Consumer Incomes to Car Ages: How the Distribution of Income Affects the Distribution of Vehicle Vintages," MPRA Paper 8849, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Apr 2008.
- repec:spr:minecn:v:30:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-017-0109-8 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ieva Kozlovska, 2015. "The impact of long-lived non-financial assets depreciation/amortization method on financial statements," Copernican Journal of Finance & Accounting, Uniwersytet Mikolaja Kopernika, vol. 4(2), pages 91-108.
More about this item
Keywordsautomobiles; depreciation; developing countries;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:transp:v:31:y:2004:i:4:p:371-408. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.