Does yardstick regulation really work? Empirical evidence from Japan’s rail industry
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jamasb, T. & Pollitt, M., 2000. "Benchmarking and regulation: international electricity experience," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(3), pages 107-130, September.
- Helm, Dieter, 1994. "British Utility Regulation: Theory, Practice, and Reform," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(3), pages 17-39, Autumn.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Rockenbach, B. & Sadrieh, A. & van Damme, E.E.C., 2004.
"Collusion under yardstick competition : An experimental study,"
Other publications TiSEM
2f5fc044-063c-477d-bf98-d, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Potters, Jan & Rockenbach, Bettina & Sadrieh, Abdolkarim & van Damme, Eric, 2004. "Collusion under yardstick competition: an experimental study," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 22(7), pages 1017-1038, September.
- van Damme, E.E.C. & Potters, J.J.M. & Rockenbach, B. & Sadrieh, A., 2003. "Collusion under Yardstick Competition : An Experimental Study," Discussion Paper 2003-009, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- Potters, J.J.M. & Rockenbach, B. & Sadrieh, A. & van Damme, E.E.C., 2003. "Collusion under Yardstick Competition : An Experimental Study," Discussion Paper 2003-97, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Savage, Ian, 1997. "Scale economies in United States rail transit systems," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 459-473, November.
- Rossi, Martin Antonio & Ruzzier, Christian Alejandro, 2000. "On the regulatory application of efficiency measures," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 81-92, June.
- Antonioli, B. & Filippini, M., 2001. "The use of a variable cost function in the regulation of the Italian water industry," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 10(3-4), pages 181-187.
- Powell, Kirsty & Szymanski, Stefan, 1997. "Regulation through comparative performance evaluation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 293-301, December.
- Jamasb, Tooraj & Pollitt, Michael, 2003. "International benchmarking and regulation: an application to European electricity distribution utilities," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(15), pages 1609-1622, December.
- Hendrik Jürges & Wolfram F. Richter & Kerstin Schneider, 2005.
"Teacher Quality and Incentives: Theoretical and Empirical Effects of Standards on Teacher Quality,"
FinanzArchiv: Public Finance Analysis,
Mohr Siebeck, Tübingen, vol. 61(3), pages 298-, November.
- Hendrik JÃ¼rges & Wolfram F. Richter & Kerstin Schneider, 2005. "Teacher quality and incentives - Theoretical and empirical effects of standards on teacher quality," MEA discussion paper series 05091, Munich Center for the Economics of Aging (MEA) at the Max Planck Institute for Social Law and Social Policy.
- Hendrik Jürges & Wolfram F. Richter & Kerstin Schneider, 2004. "Teacher Quality and Incentives: Theoretical and Empirical Effects of Standards on Teacher Quality," CESifo Working Paper Series 1296, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fumitoshi Mizutani, 2004. "Privately Owned Railways' Cost Function, Organization Size and Ownership," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 25(3), pages 297-322, 05.
- Antonio Estache & Marianela Gonzalez & Lourdes Trujillo, 2002.
"Efficiency gains from port reform and the potential for Yardstick competition: lessons from Mexico?,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/13376, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Estache, Antonio & Gonzalez, Marianela & Trujillo, Lourdes, 2002. "Efficiency Gains from Port Reform and the Potential for Yardstick Competition: Lessons from Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 30(4), pages 545-560, April.
- Antonio Estache & Marianela Gonzalez & Lourdes Trujillo, 2002. "Efficiency Gains from Port Reform and the Potential for Yardstick Competition: Lessons from Mexico," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/43983, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Massimo Filippini & Nevenka Hrovatin & Jelena Zoric, 2002.
"Efficiency and Regulation of the Slovenian Electricity Distribution Companies,"
CEPE Working paper series
02-14, CEPE Center for Energy Policy and Economics, ETH Zurich.
- Filippini, Massimo & Hrovatin, Nevenka & Zoric, Jelena, 2004. "Efficiency and regulation of the Slovenian electricity distribution companies," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 335-344, February.
- Dag Dalen & Andres Gómez-Lobo, 2003. "Yardsticks on the road: Regulatory contracts and cost efficiency in the Norwegian bus industry," Transportation, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 371-386, November.
- Marques, Rui Cunha, 2006. "A yardstick competition model for Portuguese water and sewerage services regulation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 175-184, September.
- Shuttleworth, Graham, 2005. "Benchmarking of electricity networks: Practical problems with its use for regulation," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 13(4), pages 310-317, December.
- Yatchew, Adonis, 2001. "Incentive Regulation of Distributing Utilities Using Yardstick Competition," The Electricity Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 56-60.
- Battese, G E & Coelli, T J, 1995. "A Model for Technical Inefficiency Effects in a Stochastic Frontier Production Function for Panel Data," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 325-32.
- Joel Sobel, 1999. "A Reexamination of Yardstick Competition," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 8(1), pages 33-60, 03.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C. & Hjalmarsson, Lennart, 1998. "Relative performance of public and private ownership under yardstick competition: electricity retail distribution," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 97-122, January.
- Sawkins, John W., 1995. "Yardstick competition in the English and Welsh water industry Fiction or reality?," Utilities Policy, Elsevier, vol. 5(1), pages 27-36, January.
- Kridel, Donald J & Sappington, David E M & Weisman, Dennis L, 1996. "The Effects of Incentive Regulation in the Telecommunications Industry: A Survey," Journal of Regulatory Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 269-306, May.
- Thomas Weyman-Jones, 2001. "Yardstick and incentive issues in UK electricity distribution price controls," Fiscal Studies, Institute for Fiscal Studies, vol. 22(2), pages 233-247, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:regeco:v:36:y:2009:i:3:p:308-323. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.