Optimum Currency Areas in Emerging Market Regions: Evidence Based on the Symmetry of Economic Shocks
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 22 (2011)
Issue (Month): 5 (November)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/international+economics/journal/11079/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Ian Babetskii & Laurence Boone & Mathilde Maurel, 2004.
"Exchange rate regimes and shocks asymmetry: the case of the accession countries,"
- Babetskii, Ian & Boone, Laurence & Maurel, Mathilde, 2004. "Exchange rate regimes and shocks asymmetry: the case of the accession countries," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 212-229, June.
- Huang, Ying & Guo, Feng, 2006. "Is currency union a feasible option in East Asia?: A multivariate structural VAR approach," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 20(1), pages 77-94, March.
- Kim, David, 2007. "An East Asian currency union?: The empirical nature of macroeconomic shocks in East Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 18(6), pages 847-866, December.
- George S. Tavlas, 2008.
"The Benefits and Costs of Monetary Union in Southern Africa: A Critical Survey of the Literature,"
70, Bank of Greece.
- George S. Tavlas, 2009. "The Benefits And Costs Of Monetary Union In Southern Africa: A Critical Survey Of The Literature," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 1-43, 02.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Iikka Korhonen, 2006.
"Meta-Analysis of the Business Cycle Correlation between the Euro Area and the CEECs,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
1693, CESifo Group Munich.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka, 2006. "Meta-analysis of the business cycle correlation between the euro area and the CEECs," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 518-537, September.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aamer S. Abu-Qarn & Suleiman Abu-Bader, 2008.
"On the Optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends, and Common Cycles Evidence,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(5), pages 612-630, 05.
- Abu-Qarn, Aamer & Abu-Bader, Suleiman, 2006. "On the optimality of a GCC Monetary Union: Structural VAR, Common Trends and Common Cycles Evidence," MPRA Paper 971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Changmo AHN & Hong-Bum KIM & Dongkoo CHANG, 2006. "Is East Asia Fit For An Optimum Currency Area? An Assessment Of The Economic Feasibility Of A Higher Degree Of Monetary Cooperation In East Asia," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 44(3), pages 288-305.
- Harris Dellas & George S.Tavlas, 2009.
"An Optimum-Currency-Area Odyssey,"
102, Bank of Greece.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Korhonen, Iikka, 2003.
"Similarity of supply and demand shocks between the euro area and the CEECs,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(3), pages 313-334, September.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Iikka Korhonen, 2003. "Similarity of Supply and Demand Shocks Between the Euro Area and the CEECs," Royal Economic Society Annual Conference 2003 77, Royal Economic Society.
- Marco Arnone & Bernard J Laurens & Jean-François Segalotto & Martin Sommer, 2009.
"Central Bank Autonomy: Lessons from Global Trends,"
IMF Staff Papers,
Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 56(2), pages 263-296, June.
- Fielding, David & Shields, Kalvinder, 2001.
"Modelling macroeconomic shocks in the CFA Franc Zone,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 199-223, October.
- David Fielding & Kalvinder Shields, 2000. "Modeling Macroeconomic Shocks in the CFA Franc Zone," Discussion Papers in Economics 00/7, Department of Economics, University of Leicester.
- Maria Demertzis & Andrew Hallett & Ole Rummel, 2000. "Is the European union a natural currency area, or is it held together by policy makers?," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 136(4), pages 657-679, December.
- Harris Dellas & George Tavlas, 2004.
"Wage Rigidity and Monetary Union,"
12, Bank of Greece.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry & Mauro, Paolo, 2000.
"On Regional Monetary Arrangements For ASEAN,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2411, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry & Mauro, Paolo, 2000. "On Regional Monetary Arrangements for ASEAN," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 14(2), pages 121-148, June.
- Davide Furceri & Georgios Karras, 2008. "Is the Middle East an Optimum Currency Area? A Comparison of Costs and Benefits," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 19(4), pages 479-491, September.
- Horvath, Julius & Ratfai, Attila, 2004. "Supply and demand shocks in accession countries to the Economic and Monetary Union," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(2), pages 202-211, June.
- Ayako Saiki, 2005. "Asymmetric Effect of Currency Union for Developing Countries," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 227-247, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:openec:v:22:y:2011:i:5:p:935-954. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.