Is currency union a feasible option in East Asia?: A multivariate structural VAR approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1998.
"The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(449), pages 1009-1025, July.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," NBER Working Papers 5700, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Frankel, Jeffrey A & Rose, Andrew K, 1996. "The Endogeneity of the Optimum Currency Area Criteria," CEPR Discussion Papers 1473, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Blanchard, Olivier Jean & Quah, Danny, 1989.
"The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 79(4), pages 655-673, September.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbance," Working papers 497, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- Olivier Jean Blanchard & Danny Quah, 1988. "The Dynamic Effects of Aggregate Demand and Supply Disturbances," NBER Working Papers 2737, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1995.
"Macroeconomic policy during a transition to monetary union,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20701, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Buiter, Willem H., 1995. "Macroeconomic Policy During a Transition to Monetary Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 1222, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- W.H. Buiter, 1995. "Macroeconomic Policy During a Transition to Monetary Union," CEP Discussion Papers dp0261, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Reinhart, Carmen & Calvo, Guillermo, 2001. "Reflections on Dollarization," MPRA Paper 8206, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Jeffrey A. Frankel & Andrew K. Rose, 2000. "Estimating the Effect of Currency Unions on Trade and Output," NBER Working Papers 7857, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kwan, C. H., 1998. "The theory of optimum currency areas and the possibility of forming a yen bloc in Asia," Journal of Asian Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 555-580.
- Junichi Goto & Koichi Hamada, 1994. "Economic Preconditions for Asian Regional Integration," NBER Chapters,in: Macroeconomic Linkage: Savings, Exchange Rates, and Capital Flows, NBER-EASE Volume 3, pages 359-388 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kearney, Colm & Muckley, Cal, 2008. "Can the traditional Asian US dollar peg exchange rate regime be extended to include the Japanese yen?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 870-885, December.
- Stefan Eichler & Alexander Karmann, 2011. "Optimum Currency Areas in Emerging Market Regions: Evidence Based on the Symmetry of Economic Shocks," Open Economies Review, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 935-954, November.
- Regmi, Krishna & Nikolsko-Rzhevskyy, Alex & Thornton, Robert, 2015. "To be or not to be: An optimum currency area for South Asia?," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 37(6), pages 930-944.
- Myint Moe Chit & Marian Rizov & Dirk Willenbockel, 2010.
"Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports: New Empirical Evidence from the Emerging East Asian Economies,"
The World Economy,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 239-263, February.
- Chit, Myint Moe & Rizov, Marian & Willenbockel, Dirk, 2008. "Exchange Rate Volatility and Exports: New Empirical Evidence from the Emerging East Asian Economies," MPRA Paper 9014, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Khalid Kisswani & Salah Nusair, 2014. "Nonlinear convergence in Asian interest and inflation rates: evidence from Asian countries," Economic Change and Restructuring, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 155-186, August.
- Shafighi, Najla & Gharleghi, Behrooz, 2016. "Feasibility of a currency union in East Asia using the five-variable structural vector autoregressive model," Economic Analysis and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 45-54.
- Aggarwal, Raj & Muckley, Cal B., 2010. "Assessing co-ordinated Asian exchange rate regimes: Proposal for a possible move towards a common currency," Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 149-165, April.
- Rao-Nicholson, Rekha & Salaber, Julie & Cao, Tuan Hiep, 2016. "Long-term performance of mergers and acquisitions in ASEAN countries," Research in International Business and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 373-387.
- Cécile Couharde & Cyriac Guillaumin, 2011. "Chocs externes et perspective d'union monétaire en Asie de l'Est : les enseignements d'un modèle VAR structurel," Post-Print halshs-00632373, HAL.
- Watanabe, Shingo & Ogura, Masanobu, 2010. "How far apart are the two ACUs from each other? Asian currency unit and Asian currency union," Emerging Markets Review, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 152-172, June.
- Hsiufen Hsu, 2009. "Is a common currency area feasible for East Asia? A multivariate structural VAR approach," OSIPP Discussion Paper 09E006, Osaka School of International Public Policy, Osaka University.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:riibaf:v:20:y:2006:i:1:p:77-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/ribaf .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.