A Cumulative Perceived Value-Based Dynamic User Equilibrium Model Considering the Travelers’ Risk Evaluation on Arrival Time
This paper presents a cumulative perceived value-based dynamic user equilibrium model by applying the prospect theory to formulate the travelers’ risk evaluation on arrival time. The network uncertainty caused by link exit capacity degradation is incorporated into the analysis. The model which considers departure time and route choices simultaneously is expressed by a variational inequality in a discrete time space. Numerical results show that the travelers’ risk preference indeed has big influence on flow distribution. Our study constitutes a deepening of cognition in developing more realistic dynamic traffic assignment technologies. Copyright Springer Science+Business Media, LLC 2012
Volume (Year): 12 (2012)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/regional+science/journal/11067/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Drazen Prelec, 1998. "The Probability Weighting Function," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 66(3), pages 497-528, May.
- Tversky, Amos & Kahneman, Daniel, 1992. "Advances in Prospect Theory: Cumulative Representation of Uncertainty," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 5(4), pages 297-323, October.
- W. Szeto & L. O'Brien & M. O'Mahony, 2006. "Risk-Averse Traffic Assignment with Elastic Demands: NCP Formulation and Solution Method for Assessing Performance Reliability," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 313-332, September.
- Hu Shao & William Lam & Mei Tam, 2006. "A Reliability-Based Stochastic Traffic Assignment Model for Network with Multiple User Classes under Uncertainty in Demand," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 6(3), pages 173-204, September.
- Watling, David, 2006. "User equilibrium traffic network assignment with stochastic travel times and late arrival penalty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 175(3), pages 1539-1556, December.
- Siu, Barbara W.Y. & Lo, Hong K., 2008. "Doubly uncertain transportation network: Degradable capacity and stochastic demand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 191(1), pages 166-181, November.
- Gitakrishnan Ramadurai & Satish Ukkusuri, 2010. "Dynamic User Equilibrium Model for Combined Activity-Travel Choices Using Activity-Travel Supernetwork Representation," Networks and Spatial Economics, Springer, vol. 10(2), pages 273-292, June.
- Vickrey, William S, 1969. "Congestion Theory and Transport Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(2), pages 251-60, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:netspa:v:12:y:2012:i:4:p:589-608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.