Simultaneous Departure Time/Route Choices in Queuing Networks and a Novel Paradox
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Akamatsu, Takashi, 2000. "A dynamic traffic equilibrium assignment paradox," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 34(6), pages 515-531, August.
- Chen, Huey-Kuo & Hsueh, Che-Fu, 1998. "A model and an algorithm for the dynamic user-optimal route choice problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 219-234, April.
- Richard Arnott & André de Palma & Robin Lindsey, 1993.
"Properties of Dynamic Traffic Equilibrium Involving Bottlenecks, Including a Paradox and Metering,"
INFORMS, vol. 27(2), pages 148-160, May.
- Arnott, R. & De Palma, A. & Lindsey, R., 1992. "Properties of Dynamic Traffic Equilibrium Involving Bottlenecks, Including A Paradox and Metering," Papers 9201, Universite Libre de Bruxelles - C.E.M.E..
- Ran, Bin & Hall, Randolph W. & Boyce, David E., 1996. "A link-based variational inequality model for dynamic departure time/route choice," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 30(1), pages 31-46, February.
- Janson, Bruce N., 1991. "Dynamic traffic assignment for urban road networks," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 25(2-3), pages 143-161.
- Yang, Hai & Bell, Michael G. H., 1998. "A capacity paradox in network design and how to avoid it," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 539-545, September.
- Lo, Hong K. & Szeto, W. Y., 2002. "A cell-based variational inequality formulation of the dynamic user optimal assignment problem," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(5), pages 421-443, June.
- Pas, Eric I. & Principio, Shari L., 1997. "Braess' paradox: Some new insights," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 265-276, June.
- Small, Kenneth A, 1982. "The Scheduling of Consumer Activities: Work Trips," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 72(3), pages 467-479, June.
- Richard Arnott & Kenneth Small, 1993. "The Economics Of Traffic Congestion," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 256, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Szeto, W. Y. & Lo, Hong K., 2004. "A cell-based simultaneous route and departure time choice model with elastic demand," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 38(7), pages 593-612, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- André de Palma & Mogens Fosgerau, 2011. "Dynamic Traffic Modeling," Chapters,in: A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 9 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Berliant, Marcus, 2017. "Commuting and internet traffic congestion," MPRA Paper 77378, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- André De Palma & Mogens Fosgerau, 2010. "Dynamic and Static congestion models: A review," Working Papers hal-00539166, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsDynamic traffic assignment (DTA); Simultaneous departure time and route (SDR) choices; Braess’s paradox; First-In-First-Out (FIFO); Bottleneck models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:netspa:v:10:y:2010:i:1:p:93-112. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .