A Reliability-Based Stochastic Traffic Assignment Model for Network with Multiple User Classes under Uncertainty in Demand
This paper presents a novel reliability-based stochastic user equilibrium traffic assignment model in view of the day-to-day demand fluctuations for multi-class transportation networks. In the model, each class of travelers has a different safety margin for on-time arrival in response to the stochastic travel times raised from demand variations. Travelers' perception errors on travel time are also considered in the model. This model is formulated as an equivalent variational inequality problem, which is solved by the proposed heuristic solution algorithm. Numerical examples are presented to illustrate the applications of the proposed model and the efficiency of solution algorithm. Copyright Springer Science + Business Media, LLC 2006
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- M. Abdalla & Mohamed Abdel-Aty, 2006. "Modeling Travel Time Under ATIS Using Mixed Linear Models," Transportation, Springer, vol. 33(1), pages 63-82, 01.
- Lo, Hong K. & Tung, Yeou-Koung, 2003. "Network with degradable links: capacity analysis and design," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 37(4), pages 345-363, May.
- Clark, Stephen & Watling, David, 2005. "Modelling network travel time reliability under stochastic demand," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 39(2), pages 119-140, February.
- de Palma, André & Picard, Nathalie, 2005. "Route choice decision under travel time uncertainty," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 295-324, May.
- Bell, Michael G. H. & Cassir, Chris, 2002. "Risk-averse user equilibrium traffic assignment: an application of game theory," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 36(8), pages 671-681, September.
- Lo, Hong K. & Luo, X.W. & Siu, Barbara W.Y., 2006. "Degradable transport network: Travel time budget of travelers with heterogeneous risk aversion," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 792-806, November.
- Hall, Randolph W., 1983. "Travel outcome and performance: The effect of uncertainty on accessibility," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 275-290, August.
- Sánchez-Silva, M. & Daniels, M. & Lleras, G. & Patiño, D., 2005. "A transport network reliability model for the efficient assignment of resources," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 47-63, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:netspa:v:6:y:2006:i:3:p:173-204. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.