Payment method and perceptions of ownership
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Soman, Dilip, 2001. "Effects of Payment Mechanism on Spending Behavior: The Role of Rehearsal and Immediacy of Payments," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 27(4), pages 460-474, March.
- Feinberg, Richard A, 1986. "Credit Cards as Spending Facilitating Stimuli: A Conditioning Interpretation," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 13(3), pages 348-356, December.
- Hirschman, Elizabeth C, 1979. "Differences in Consumer Purchase Behavior by Credit Card Payment System," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(1), pages 58-66, June.
- Shimp, Terence A. & Moody, Margaret P., 2000. "In Search of a Theoretical Explanation for the Credit Card Effect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 17-23, April.
- Drazen Prelec & George Loewenstein, 1998. "The Red and the Black: Mental Accounting of Savings and Debt," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(1), pages 4-28.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Xu, Xiaobing & Chen, Rong & Jiang, Lan, 2020. "The Influence of Payment Mechanisms on Pricing: When Mental Imagery Stimulates Desire for Money," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 96(2), pages 178-188.
- Hassan, Louise M. & Shiu, Edward, 2015. "The moderating role of national cultural values in smoking cessation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2173-2180.
- Kokkoris, Michail D. & Hoelzl, Erik & Kamleitner, Bernadette, 2020. "Self-found, spellbound: The sense of own discovery shapes customer bonds with service venues," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 113(C), pages 303-316.
- Kamleitner, Bernadette & Dickert, Stephan, 2015. "The two faces of ownership: Introduction to the special section on ownership and economic decisions," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 159-161.
- Nicole Koschate-Fischer & Katharina Wüllner, 2017. "New developments in behavioral pricing research," Journal of Business Economics, Springer, vol. 87(6), pages 809-875, August.
- Kirk, Colleen P., 2019. "Dogs have masters, cats have staff: Consumers' psychological ownership and their economic valuation of pets," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(C), pages 306-318.
- Khan, Jashim & Belk, Russell W. & Craig-Lees, Margaret, 2015. "Measuring consumer perceptions of payment mode," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 34-49.
- Mohammed Hazzouri & Kelley J. Main, 2018. "The effect of control priming on irresponsible financial behavior," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 207-223, June.
- Tobias Schaefers & Stephanie J. Lawson & Monika Kukar-Kinney, 2016. "How the burdens of ownership promote consumer usage of access-based services," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 27(3), pages 569-577, September.
More about this item
KeywordsPayment method; Psychological ownership; Credit card; Attachment; Behavioral intention;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:24:y:2013:i:1:p:57-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.