It is all in the mix: The interactive effect of music tempo and mode on in-store sales
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Turley, L. W. & Milliman, Ronald E., 2000. "Atmospheric Effects on Shopping Behavior: A Review of the Experimental Evidence," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 193-211, August.
- repec:eee:joreco:v:17:y:2010:i:6:p:512-520 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chebat, Jean-Charles & Chebat, Claire Gelinas & Vaillant, Dominique, 2001. "Environmental background music and in-store selling," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 54(2), pages 115-123, November.
- Garlin, Francine V. & Owen, Katherine, 2006. "Setting the tone with the tune: A meta-analytic review of the effects of background music in retail settings," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 59(6), pages 755-764, June.
- Yalch, Richard F. & Spangenberg, Eric R., 2000. "The Effects of Music in a Retail Setting on Real and Perceived Shopping Times," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 139-147, August.
- Morrison, Michael & Gan, Sarah & Dubelaar, Chris & Oppewal, Harmen, 2011. "In-store music and aroma influences on shopper behavior and satisfaction," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(6), pages 558-564, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Alberto Mattiacci & Riccardo Resciniti, 2015. "A ciascuno la sua musica. l’effetto della notorietà della musica di sottofondo sul comportamento d’acquisto nei punti vendita," MERCATI E COMPETITIVITÀ, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2015(3), pages 15-34.
- Hanks, Andrew S. & Just, David R. & Wansink, Brian, 2012. "Trigger Foods: The Influence of â€œIrrelevantâ€ Alternatives in School Lunchrooms," Agricultural and Resource Economics Review, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 41(1), April.
More about this item
KeywordsRetail atmospherics; Musical tempo; Musical mode; Linear mixed models;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:23:y:2012:i:1:p:325-337. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.