The value of celebrity endorsements: A stock market perspective
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Petty, Richard E & Cacioppo, John T & Schumann, David, 1983. " Central and Peripheral Routes to Advertising Effectiveness: The Moderating Role of Involvement," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(2), pages 135-46, September.
- Pritamani, Mahesh & Singal, Vijay, 2001. "Return predictability following large price changes and information releases," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 631-656, April.
- Kahle, Lynn R & Homer, Pamela M, 1985. " Physical Attractiveness of the Celebrity Endorser: A Social Adaptation Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 954-61, March.
- Michaely, Roni & Thaler, Richard H & Womack, Kent L, 1995.
" Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 573-608, June.
- Roni Michaely & Richard H. Thaler & Kent Womack, 1994. "Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?," NBER Working Papers 4778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Aristeidis Samitas & Dimitris Kenourgios & Peter Zounis, 2008. "Athens' Olympic Games 2004 impact on sponsors' stock returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(19), pages 1569-1580.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 1994.
"Market Underreaction to Open Market Share Repurchases,"
NBER Working Papers
4965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ikenberry, David & Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1995. "Market underreaction to open market share repurchases," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 181-208.
- Misra, Shekhar & Beatty, Sharon E., 1990. "Celebrity spokesperson and brand congruence : An assessment of recall and affect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 159-173, September.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- John Clark & T. Cornwell & Stephen Pruitt, 2009. "The impact of title event sponsorship announcements on shareholder wealth," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 169-182, June.
- Pruitt, Stephen W. & Cornwell, T. Bettina & Clark, John M., 2004. "The NASCAR Phenomenon: Auto Racing Sponsorships and Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(03), pages 281-296, September.
- Tripp, Carolyn & Jensen, Thomas D & Carlson, Les, 1994. " The Effects of Multiple Product Endorsements by Celebrities on Consumers' Attitudes and Intentions," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 535-47, March.
- McCracken, Grant, 1989. " Who Is the Celebrity Endorser? Cultural Foundations of the Endorsement Process," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(3), pages 310-21, December.
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:22:y:2011:i:2:p:147-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.