The value of celebrity endorsements: A stock market perspective
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Corrado, Charles J., 1989. "A nonparametric test for abnormal security-price performance in event studies," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(2), pages 385-395, August.
- Misra, Shekhar & Beatty, Sharon E., 1990. "Celebrity spokesperson and brand congruence : An assessment of recall and affect," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 159-173, September.
- Kahle, Lynn R & Homer, Pamela M, 1985. " Physical Attractiveness of the Celebrity Endorser: A Social Adaptation Perspective," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(4), pages 954-61, March.
- Ikenberry, David & Lakonishok, Josef & Vermaelen, Theo, 1995.
"Market underreaction to open market share repurchases,"
Journal of Financial Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(2-3), pages 181-208.
- David Ikenberry & Josef Lakonishok & Theo Vermaelen, 1994. "Market Underreaction to Open Market Share Repurchases," NBER Working Papers 4965, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pritamani, Mahesh & Singal, Vijay, 2001. "Return predictability following large price changes and information releases," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 631-656, April.
- Roni Michaely & Richard H. Thaler & Kent Womack, 1994.
"Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?,"
NBER Working Papers
4778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michaely, Roni & Thaler, Richard H & Womack, Kent L, 1995. " Price Reactions to Dividend Initiations and Omissions: Overreaction or Drift?," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(2), pages 573-608, June.
- John Clark & T. Cornwell & Stephen Pruitt, 2009. "The impact of title event sponsorship announcements on shareholder wealth," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 20(2), pages 169-182, June.
- Petty, Richard E & Cacioppo, John T & Schumann, David, 1983. " Central and Peripheral Routes to Advertising Effectiveness: The Moderating Role of Involvement," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 10(2), pages 135-46, September.
- Pruitt, Stephen W. & Cornwell, T. Bettina & Clark, John M., 2004. "The NASCAR Phenomenon: Auto Racing Sponsorships and Shareholder Wealth," Journal of Advertising Research, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(03), pages 281-296, September.
- A. Craig MacKinlay, 1997. "Event Studies in Economics and Finance," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(1), pages 13-39, March.
- McCracken, Grant, 1989. " Who Is the Celebrity Endorser? Cultural Foundations of the Endorsement Process," Journal of Consumer Research, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(3), pages 310-21, December.
- Aristeidis Samitas & Dimitris Kenourgios & Peter Zounis, 2008. "Athens' Olympic Games 2004 impact on sponsors' stock returns," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(19), pages 1569-1580.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:22:y:2011:i:2:p:147-163. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.