When a celebrity endorser is disgraced: A twenty-five-year event study
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Pritamani, Mahesh & Singal, Vijay, 2001. "Return predictability following large price changes and information releases," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 25(4), pages 631-656, April.
- Jonah Berger & Alan T. Sorensen & Scott J. Rasmussen, 2010. "Positive Effects of Negative Publicity: When Negative Reviews Increase Sales," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 29(5), pages 815-827, 09-10.
- Brad M. Barber & Terrance Odean, 2008. "All That Glitters: The Effect of Attention and News on the Buying Behavior of Individual and Institutional Investors," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 21(2), pages 785-818, April.
- Juan Nicolau & María Santa-María, 2013. "Celebrity endorsers' performance on the “ground” and on the “floor”," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 24(2), pages 143-149, June.
- Haina Ding & Alexander Molchanov & Philip Stork, 2011. "The value of celebrity endorsements: A stock market perspective," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 22(2), pages 147-163, June.
- Michael Leeds, 2010. "Is bad news always bad? The impact of Floyd Landis's rise and fall on Phonak," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(8), pages 805-808.
- Matthew Hood, 2012. "The Tiger Woods scandal: a cautionary tale for event studies," Managerial Finance, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 38(5), pages 543-558, April.
More about this item
KeywordsCelebrity endorsement; Event study; Stock returns;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:mktlet:v:24:y:2013:i:2:p:131-141. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .