Measuring input-specific productivity change based on the principle of least action
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Chambers, Robert G. & Fare, Rolf & Grosskopf, Shawna, 1996. "Productivity Growth in APEC Countries," Working Papers 197843, University of Maryland, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- Tarja Joro & Pekka Korhonen & Jyrki Wallenius, 1998. "Structural Comparison of Data Envelopment Analysis and Multiple Objective Linear Programming," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(7), pages 962-970, July.
- Alfons Lansink & Elvira Silva, 2003. "CO 2 and Energy Efficiency of Different Heating Technologies in the Dutch Glasshouse Industry," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 24(4), pages 395-407, April.
- Wrzesińska-Kowal, Joanna & Drabarczyk, Katarzyna, 2014. "Food production in Poland, compared to selected European Union Member States," Problems of World Agriculture / Problemy Rolnictwa Światowego, Warsaw University of Life Sciences, vol. 14(29), pages 1-10, December.
- Mikulas Luptacik & Bernhard Mahlberg, 2016. "Productivity change in a multisectoral economic system," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 344-361, September.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2011. "Radial and non-radial decompositions of Luenberger productivity indicator with an illustrative application," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 131(2), pages 721-726, June.
- Leopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2006.
"On Testing Equality of Distributions of Technical Efficiency Scores,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 25(4), pages 497-522.
- Simar, Leopold & Zelenyuk, Valentin, 2004. "On testing equality of distributions of technical efficiency scores," MPRA Paper 28003, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- William Cooper & Kyung Park & Jesus Pastor, 1999. "RAM: A Range Adjusted Measure of Inefficiency for Use with Additive Models, and Relations to Other Models and Measures in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 5-42, February.
- Maria Silva Portela & Pedro Borges & Emmanuel Thanassoulis, 2003. "Finding Closest Targets in Non-Oriented DEA Models: The Case of Convex and Non-Convex Technologies," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 19(2), pages 251-269, April.
- Aparicio, Juan & Pastor, Jesus T., 2014. "Closest targets and strong monotonicity on the strongly efficient frontier in DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 51-57.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Luptacik, Mikulas & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2011. "Examining the drivers of total factor productivity change with an illustrative example of 14 EU countries," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 60-69.
- Léopold Simar, 2003. "Detecting Outliers in Frontier Models: A Simple Approach," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 391-424, November.
- Walter Briec & K. Kerstens, 2009. "Infeasibilities and directional distance functions: with application to the determinateness of the luenberger productivity indicator," Post-Print hal-00372560, HAL.
- Gonzalez, Eduardo & Alvarez, Antonio, 2001. "From efficiency measurement to efficiency improvement: The choice of a relevant benchmark," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 133(3), pages 512-520, September.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Weber, William L., 2009. "A directional slacks-based measure of technical inefficiency," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 274-287, December.
- Kapelko, M. & Horta, I.M. & Camanho, A.S. & Oude Lansink, A., 2015. "Measurement of input-specific productivity growth with an application to the construction industry in Spain and Portugal," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 166(C), pages 64-71.
- R. D. Banker & A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper, 1984. "Some Models for Estimating Technical and Scale Inefficiencies in Data Envelopment Analysis," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 30(9), pages 1078-1092, September.
- Aparicio, Juan & Mahlberg, Bernhard & Pastor, Jesus T. & Sahoo, Biresh K., 2014. "Decomposing technical inefficiency using the principle of least action," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 239(3), pages 776-785.
- Hirofumi Fukuyama & Hiroya Masaki & Kazuyuki Sekitani & Jianming Shi, 2014. "Distance optimization approach to ratio-form efficiency measures in data envelopment analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 42(2), pages 175-186, October.
- Pastor, Jesús T. & Aparicio, Juan, 2010. "A note on "A directional slacks-based measure of technical inefficiency"," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 174-175, September.
- Rafat Soboh & Alfons Oude Lansink & Gert Van Dijk, 2012. "Efficiency of Cooperatives and Investor Owned Firms Revisited," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 63(1), pages 142-157, February.
- Mahlberg, Bernhard & Luptacik, Mikulas, 2014.
"Eco-efficiency and eco-productivity change over time in a multisectoral economic system,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 234(3), pages 885-897.
- Mikuláš Luptáèik & Bernhard Mahlberg, 2013. "Eco-Efficiency and Eco-Productivity change over time in a multisectoral economic system," Department of Economic Policy Working Paper Series 004, Department of Economic Policy, Faculty of National Economy, University of Economics in Bratislava.
- Magdalena Kapelko & Alfons Oude Lansink & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2016. "Investment Age and Dynamic Productivity Growth in the Spanish Food Processing Industry," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 98(3), pages 946-961.
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Cazals, Catherine & Florens, Jean-Pierre & Simar, Leopold, 2002. "Nonparametric frontier estimation: a robust approach," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 106(1), pages 1-25, January.
- Juan Aparicio & José Ruiz & Inmaculada Sirvent, 2007. "Closest targets and minimum distance to the Pareto-efficient frontier in DEA," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 209-218, December.
- Tone, Kaoru, 2001. "A slacks-based measure of efficiency in data envelopment analysis," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 130(3), pages 498-509, May.
- Chang, Tzu-Pu & Hu, Jin-Li & Chou, Ray Yeutien & Sun, Lei, 2012. "The sources of bank productivity growth in China during 2002–2009: A disaggregation view," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(7), pages 1997-2006.
- Fukuyama, Hirofumi & Maeda, Yasunobu & Sekitani, Kazuyuki & Shi, Jianming, 2014. "Input–output substitutability and strongly monotonic p-norm least distance DEA measures," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 237(3), pages 997-1007.
- Pastor, J. T. & Ruiz, J. L. & Sirvent, I., 1999. "An enhanced DEA Russell graph efficiency measure," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 115(3), pages 596-607, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Magdalena Kapelko & Alfons Oude Lansink & Spiro E. Stefanou, 2017. "Input-Specific Dynamic Productivity Change: Measurement and Application to European Dairy Manufacturing Firms," Journal of Agricultural Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(2), pages 579-599, June.
- Zhu, Qingyuan & Wu, Jie & Ji, Xiang & Li, Feng, 2018. "A simple MILP to determine closest targets in non-oriented DEA model satisfying strong monotonicity," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 1-8.
More about this item
KeywordsData envelopment analysis; Weighted additive model; Closest targets; Input-specific productivity change;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:47:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s11123-016-0488-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.