Detecting Outliers in Frontier Models: A Simple Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Park, B.U. & Simar, L. & Weiner, Ch., 2000. "The Fdh Estimator For Productivity Efficiency Scores," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 16(6), pages 855-877, December.
- Léopold Simar & Paul W. Wilson, 1998.
"Sensitivity Analysis of Efficiency Scores: How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models,"
Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 44(1), pages 49-61, January.
- SIMAR, Léopold & WILSON, Paul, 1995. "Sensitivity Analysis to Efficiency Scores : How to Bootstrap in Nonparametric Frontier Models," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 1995043, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Simar, L. & Wilson, P.W., 1998. "Sensitivity analysis of efficiency scores: how to bootstrap in nonparametric frontier models," LIDAM Reprints CORE 1304, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- A. Charnes & W. W. Cooper & E. Rhodes, 1981. "Evaluating Program and Managerial Efficiency: An Application of Data Envelopment Analysis to Program Follow Through," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 27(6), pages 668-697, June.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Luis R. Murillo‐Zamorano, 2004. "Economic Efficiency and Frontier Techniques," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(1), pages 33-77, February.
- Léopold Simar, 2007.
"How to improve the performances of DEA/FDH estimators in the presence of noise?,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(3), pages 183-201, December.
- Simar, Léopold, 2003. "How to Improve the Performances of DEA/FDH Estimators in the Presence of Noise?," SFB 373 Discussion Papers 2003,33, Humboldt University of Berlin, Interdisciplinary Research Project 373: Quantification and Simulation of Economic Processes.
- Franz R. Hahn, 2007. "Determinants of Bank Efficiency in Europe. Assessing Bank Performance Across Markets," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 31499, September.
- Zijiang Yang & Xiaogang Wang & Dongming Sun, 2010. "Using the bootstrap method to detect influential DMUs in data envelopment analysis," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 173(1), pages 89-103, January.
- José Manuel Cordero & Diego Prior & Rosa Simancas, 2016. "A comparison of public and private schools in Spain using robust nonparametric frontier methods," Central European Journal of Operations Research, Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 24(3), pages 659-680, September.
- Paul Wilson, 2003. "Testing Independence in Models of Productive Efficiency," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 20(3), pages 361-390, November.
- Gilbert, R. Alton & Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2004.
"New evidence on the Fed's productivity in providing payments services,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(9), pages 2175-2190, September.
- R. Alton Gilbert & David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2002. "New evidence on the Fed's productivity in providing payments services," Working Papers 2002-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Laure Latruffe & Sophia Davidova & Kelvin Balcombe, 2008. "Application of a double bootstrap to investigation of determinants of technical efficiency of farms in Central Europe," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 183-191, April.
- Astrid Cullmann & Christian Hirschhausen, 2008.
"Efficiency analysis of East European electricity distribution in transition: legacy of the past?,"
Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 29(2), pages 155-167, April.
- Astrid Cullmann & Jürgen Apfelbeck & Christian von Hirschhausen, 2006. "Efficiency Analysis of East European Electricity Distribution in Transition: Legacy of the Past?," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 553, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Marco Alberto De Benedetto & Sergio Destefanis & Luigi Guadalupi, 2019. "Electoral Reform and Public Sector Efficiency. Some Evidence From Italian Municipalities," Working Papers 3_237, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Statistiche, Università degli Studi di Salerno.
- Léopold Simar & Valentin Zelenyuk, 2007. "Statistical inference for aggregates of Farrell-type efficiencies," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(7), pages 1367-1394.
- A. Camanho & R. Dyson, 2006. "Data envelopment analysis and Malmquist indices for measuring group performance," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 26(1), pages 35-49, August.
- G Simpson, 2005. "Programmatic efficiency comparisons between unequally sized groups of DMUs in DEA," Journal of the Operational Research Society, Palgrave Macmillan;The OR Society, vol. 56(12), pages 1431-1438, December.
- Abdelaati Daouia & Irène Gijbels, 2011. "Robustness and inference in nonparametric partial-frontier modeling," Post-Print hal-00796744, HAL.
- Kjoeserud,G.G. & Kvamme,O.J. & Kittelsen,S.A.C., 2001.
"Errors in survey based quality evaluation variables in efficiency models of primary care physicians,"
24/2001, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kittelsen, Sverre A.C. & Kjæserud, Guri Galtung & Kvamme, Odd Jarle, 2009. "Errors in Survey Based Quality Evaluation Variables in Efficiency Models of Primary Care Physicians," HERO Online Working Paper Series 2001:12, University of Oslo, Health Economics Research Programme.
- Gary Simpson, 2007. "A cautionary note on methods of comparing programmatic efficiency between two or more groups of DMUs in data envelopment analysis," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 141-147, October.
- Tarcio Da Silva & Carlos Martins-filho & Eduardo Ribeiro, 2016. "A comparison of nonparametric efficiency estimators: DEA, FDH, DEAC, FDHC, order-m and quantile," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 36(1), pages 118-131.
- Grifell-Tatje, E. & Lovell, C. A. K., 1997. "The sources of productivity change in Spanish banking," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 364-380, April.
- Wheelock, David C. & Wilson, Paul W., 2008.
"Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations,"
Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 209-225, July.
- David C. Wheelock & Paul W. Wilson, 2007. "Non-parametric, unconditional quantile estimation for efficiency analysis with an application to Federal Reserve check processing operations," Working Papers 2005-027, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Aziz Karimov, 2013. "Productive Efficiency of Potato and Melon Growing Farms in Uzbekistan: A Two Stage Double Bootstrap Data Envelopment Analysis," Agriculture, MDPI, vol. 3(3), pages 1-13, September.
More about this item
Keywordsnonparametric frontier models; robust estimators; outliers;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jproda:v:20:y:2003:i:3:p:391-424. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.