Minimizing effects of scale distortion for spatially grouped census data using rough sets
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- M Tranmer & D G Steel, 1998. "Using Census Data to Investigate the Causes of the Ecological Fallacy," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 30(5), pages 817-831, May.
- Pawlak, Zdzislaw, 1997. "Rough set approach to knowledge-based decision support," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 99(1), pages 48-57, May.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The modifiable areal unit problem in multivariate statistical analysis," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
- M Tranmer & D G Steel, 1998. "Using census data to investigate the causes of the ecological fallacy," Environment and Planning A, Pion Ltd, London, vol. 30(5), pages 817-831, May.
- A S Fotheringham & D W S Wong, 1991. "The Modifiable Areal Unit Problem in Multivariate Statistical Analysis," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 23(7), pages 1025-1044, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- José-María Montero & Coro Chasco & Beatriz Larraz, 2010. "Building an environmental quality index for a big city: a spatial interpolation approach combined with a distance indicator," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 435-459, December.
- Gift Dumedah & Nadine Schuurman, 2008. "Minimizing the effects of inaccurate sediment description in borehole data using rough sets and transition probability," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 291-315, September.
More about this item
KeywordsCensus data; Scale problem; Rough sets; Deprivation index; Scale sensitivity;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:10:y:2008:i:1:p:47-69. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.