Building an environmental quality index for a big city: a spatial interpolation approach combined with a distance indicator
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 12 (2010)
Issue (Month): 4 (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/economics/regional+science/journal/10109/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Vicente Royuela & Jordi Suriñach & Mónica Reyes, 2003. "Measuring Quality of Life in Small Areas Over Different Periods of Time," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 64(1), pages 51-74, October.
- Palmquist, Raymond B., 2006. "Property Value Models," Handbook of Environmental Economics, in: K. G. Mäler & J. R. Vincent (ed.), Handbook of Environmental Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 16, pages 763-819 Elsevier.
- Helen R. Neill & David M. Hassenzahl & Djeto D. Assane, 2007. "Estimating the Effect of Air Quality: Spatial versus Traditional Hedonic Price Models," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1088–1111, April.
- Geoffrey J.D. Hewings & Suahasil Nazara & Chokri Dridi, 2004.
"Channels of Synthesis Forty Years On: Integrated Analysis of Spatial Economic Systems,"
- Geoffrey J.D. Hewings & Suahasil Nazara & Chokri Dridi, 2004. "Channels of synthesis forty years on: integrated analysis of spatial economic systems," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 6(1), pages 7-25, 04.
- repec:kap:iaecre:v:16:y:2010:i:1:p:39-51 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ram, Rati, 1982. "Composite indices of physical quality of life, basic needs fulfilment, and income : A principal component representation," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 227-247, October.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 2005.
"Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 376-424, April.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 1998. "Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 6826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ebert, Udo & Welsch, Heinz, 2004. "Meaningful environmental indices: a social choice approach," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 47(2), pages 270-283, March.
- Luc Anselin & Julie Le Gallo, 2006. "Interpolation of Air Quality Measures in Hedonic House Price Models: Spatial Aspects This paper is part of a joint research effort with James Murdoch (University of Texas, Dallas) and Mark Thayer (San," Spatial Economic Analysis, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(1), pages 31-52.
- Gift Dumedah & Nadine Schuurman & Wanhong Yang, 2008. "Minimizing effects of scale distortion for spatially grouped census data using rough sets," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 10(1), pages 47-69, March.
- Spence, Jeffrey S. & Carmack, Patrick S. & Gunst, Richard F. & Schucany, William R. & Woodward, Wayne A. & Haley, Robert W., 2007. "Accounting for Spatial Dependence in the Analysis of SPECT Brain Imaging Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 464-473, June.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- José-María Montero-Lorenzo & Beatriz Larraz-Iribas & Antonio Páez, 2009. "Estimating commercial property prices: an application of cokriging with housing prices as ancillary information," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 11(4), pages 407-425, December.
- Delucchi, Mark & Murphy, James & McCubbin, Donald, 2002. "The Health and Visibility Cost of Air Pollution: A Comparison of Estimation Methods," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt03s2x9xb, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Jaymie R. Meliker & Melissa J. Slotnick & Gillian A. AvRuskin & Andrew Kaufmann & Geoffrey M. Jacquez & Jerome O. Nriagu, 2005. "Improving exposure assessment in environmental epidemiology: Application of spatio-temporal visualization tools," Journal of Geographical Systems, Springer, vol. 7(1), pages 49-66, October.
- Noelia Somarriba Arechavala & Bernardo Pena Trapero, 2008. "Quality Of Life And Subjective Welfare In Europe: An Econometric Analysis," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 8(2), pages 55-66.
- Banzhaf, H. Spencer, 2002.
"Green Price Indices,"
dp-02-09-, Resources For the Future.
- Nunes, Paulo A. L. D. & Schokkaert, Erik, 2003. "Identifying the warm glow effect in contingent valuation," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 45(2), pages 231-245, March.
- Mishra, SK, 2007. "Construction of maximin and non-elitist composite indices - alternatives to elitist indices obtained by the principal components analysis," MPRA Paper 3338, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Tzeng, ShengLi & Huang, Hsin-Cheng & Cressie, Noel, 2005. "A Fast, Optimal Spatial-Prediction Method for Massive Datasets," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1343-1357, December.
- De Iaco, S. & Myers, D. E. & Posa, D., 2002. "Space-time variograms and a functional form for total air pollution measurements," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 311-328, December.
- Luis Santos & Isabel Martins, 2007. "Monitoring Urban Quality of Life: The Porto Experience," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 80(2), pages 411-425, January.
- V. Smith & Ju Huang, 1993. "Hedonic models and air pollution: Twenty-five years and counting," Environmental & Resource Economics, Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 3(4), pages 381-394, August.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jgeosy:v:12:y:2010:i:4:p:435-459. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.