Building an Environmental Quality Index for a big city: a spatial interpolation approach with DP2
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Spence, Jeffrey S. & Carmack, Patrick S. & Gunst, Richard F. & Schucany, William R. & Woodward, Wayne A. & Haley, Robert W., 2007. "Accounting for Spatial Dependence in the Analysis of SPECT Brain Imaging Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 102, pages 464-473, June.
- Luc Anselin & Nancy Lozano-Gracia, 2008. "Errors in variables and spatial effects in hedonic house price models of ambient air quality," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 34(1), pages 5-34, February.
- Tzeng, ShengLi & Huang, Hsin-Cheng & Cressie, Noel, 2005. "A Fast, Optimal Spatial-Prediction Method for Massive Datasets," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 100, pages 1343-1357, December.
- Gotway C.A. & Young L.J., 2002. "Combining Incompatible Spatial Data," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 97, pages 632-648, June.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 2005.
"Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 113(2), pages 376-424, April.
- Kenneth Y. Chay & Michael Greenstone, 1998. "Does Air Quality Matter? Evidence from the Housing Market," NBER Working Papers 6826, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Spencer Banzhaf, H., 2005. "Green price indices," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 49(2), pages 262-280, March.
- Jon P. Nelson, 2004. "Meta-Analysis of Airport Noise and Hedonic Property Values," Journal of Transport Economics and Policy, University of Bath, vol. 38(1), pages 1-27, January.
- Andrea Baranzini & JosÃ© V. Ramirez, 2005. "Paying for Quietness: The Impact of Noise on Geneva Rents," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(4), pages 633-646, April.
- De Iaco, S. & Myers, D. E. & Posa, D., 2002. "Space-time variograms and a functional form for total air pollution measurements," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 311-328, December.
- Won Kim, Chong & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 2003.
"Measuring the benefits of air quality improvement: a spatial hedonic approach,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 24-39, January.
- Kim, Chong Won & Phipps, Tim T. & Anselin, Luc, 1998. "Measuring The Benefits Of Air Quality Improvement: A Spatial Hedonic Approach," 1998 Annual meeting, August 2-5, Salt Lake City, UT 20959, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Delucchi, Mark & Murphy, James & McCubbin, Donald, 2002. "The Health and Visibility Cost of Air Pollution: A Comparison of Estimation Methods," Institute of Transportation Studies, Working Paper Series qt03s2x9xb, Institute of Transportation Studies, UC Davis.
- Smith, V Kerry & Huang, Ju-Chin, 1995. "Can Markets Value Air Quality? A Meta-analysis of Hedonic Property Value Models," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 103(1), pages 209-227, February.
- Helen R. Neill & David M. Hassenzahl & Djeto D. Assane, 2007. "Estimating the Effect of Air Quality: Spatial versus Traditional Hedonic Price Models," Southern Economic Journal, Southern Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 1088-1111, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bala, Alain Pholo & Peeters, Dominique & Thomas, Isabelle, 2014.
"Spatial issues on a hedonic estimation of rents in Brussels,"
Journal of Housing Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 25(C), pages 104-123.
- PHOLO BALA, Alain & PEETERS, Dominique & THOMAS, Isabelle, 2013. "Spatial issues on a hedonic estimation of rents in Brussels," CORE Discussion Papers 2013036, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
More about this item
KeywordsEnvironmental index; Air pollution; Noise; Subjecive expectations; Kriging; Distance indicators;
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
- Q53 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Air Pollution; Water Pollution; Noise; Hazardous Waste; Solid Waste; Recycling
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENV-2008-09-29 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-GEO-2008-09-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-URE-2008-09-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:10736. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .