Hedonic models and air pollution: Twenty-five years and counting
This paper reports a meta analysis of how effectively hedonic property models have detected the influence of air pollution on housing prices. Probit estimates are reported describing how data, model specification, and local property market conditions in cities represented in thirty-seven studies influence the ability of hedonic models to uncover negative, statistically significant relationships between housing prices and air pollution measures. Copyright Kluwer Academic Publishers 1993
Volume (Year): 3 (1993)
Issue (Month): 4 (August)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springerlink.com/link.asp?id=100263|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hendry, David F, 1983.
"Econometric Modelling: The "Consumption Function" in Retrospect,"
Scottish Journal of Political Economy,
Scottish Economic Society, vol. 30(3), pages 193-220, November.
- David F. Hendry, 2013. "Econometric Modelling: The ‘Consumption Function’ In Retrospect," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 60(5), pages 495-522, November.
- Phil Graves & James C. Murdoch & Mark A. Thayer & Don Waldman, 1988. "The Robustness of Hedonic Price Estimation: Urban Air Quality," Land Economics, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 64(3), pages 220-233.
- Shechter, M. & Kim, M., 1991. "Valuation of pollution abatement benefits: Direct and indirect measurement," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 30(2), pages 133-151, September.
- Myrick Freeman, A. III, 1974. "On estimating air pollution control benefits from land value studies," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 1(1), pages 74-83, May.
- Palmquist, Raymond B, 1984. "Estimating the Demand for the Characteristics of Housing," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 66(3), pages 394-404, August.
- Nakamura, Alice Orcutt & Nakamura, Masao & Duleep, Harriet Orcutt, 1990. "Alternative approaches to model choice," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 97-125, September.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1974. "The measurement of urban travel demand," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 303-328, November.
- Mordechai Shechter, 1991. "A comparative study of environmental amenity valuations," Environmental & Resource Economics, European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 1(2), pages 129-155, June.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:enreec:v:3:y:1993:i:4:p:381-394. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.