Diversification and Performance in Banking: The Israeli Case
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Alan K. Reichert & Larry D. Wall, 2000. "The potential for portfolio diversification in financial services," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta, issue Q3, pages 35-52.
- Rhoades, Stephen A., 1998. "The efficiency effects of bank mergers: An overview of case studies of nine mergers," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 22(3), pages 273-291, March.
- Edward Zaik & John Walter & Gabriela Retting & Christopher James, 1996. "Raroc At Bank Of America: From Theory To Practice," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 9(2), pages 83-93.
- Hughes, Joseph P. & Lang, William W. & Mester, Loretta J. & Moon, Choon-Geol, 1999.
"The dollars and sense of bank consolidation,"
Journal of Banking & Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 23(2-4), pages 291-324, February.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William W. Lang & Loretta J. Mester, 1998. "The dollars and sense of bank consolidation," Working Papers 98-10, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Joseph P. Hughes & William Lang & Loretta J. Mester & Choon-Geol Moon, 1998. "The Dollars and Sense of Bank Consolidation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 99-04, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Focarelli, Dario & Panetta, Fabio & Salleo, Carmelo, 2002. "Why Do Banks Merge?," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 34(4), pages 1047-1066, November.
- Philippe Artzner & Freddy Delbaen & Jean-Marc Eber & David Heath, 1999. "Coherent Measures of Risk," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 9(3), pages 203-228.
- Christopher James, 1996. "RAROC Based Capital Budgeting and Performance Evaluation: A Case Study of Bank Capital Allocation," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 96-40, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 3-20.
- Jose Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 2002.
"Explaining the Diversification Discount,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 57(4), pages 1731-1762, August.
- José Manuel Campa & Simi Kedia, 1999. "Explaining the Diversification Discount," Working Papers 99-06, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Campa, Jose M. & Kedia, Simi, 2000. "Explaining the diversification discount," IESE Research Papers D/424, IESE Business School.
- John H. Boyd & Stanley L. Graham, 1988. "The profitability and risk effects of allowing bank holding companies to merge with other financial firms: a simulation study," Proceedings 213, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Elizabeth Laderman, 2000. "The potential diversification and failure reduction benefits of bank expansion into nonbanking activities," Working Paper Series 2000-01, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Simon H. Kwan & Elizabeth S. Laderman, 1999. "On the portfolio effects of financial convergence - a review of the literature," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, pages 18-31.
- Cybo-Ottone, Alberto & Murgia, Maurizio, 2000. "Mergers and shareholder wealth in European banking," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 831-859, June.
- Ralph C. Kimball, 1998. "Economic profit and performance measurement in banking," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Jul, pages 35-53.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lee, Chien-Chiang & Yang, Shih-Jui & Chang, Chi-Hung, 2014. "Non-interest income, profitability, and risk in banking industry: A cross-country analysis," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 27(C), pages 48-67.
- repec:mul:jdp901:doi:10.12831/73632:y:2013:i:1:p:36-50 is not listed on IDEAS
- Victoria Geyfman, 2005. "Risk-adjusted performance measures at bank holding companies with section 20 subsidiaries," Working Papers 05-26, Federal Reserve Bank of Philadelphia.
- Ion Lapteacru, 2016. "Income and funding structures, banking regulation and bank risk-taking: The role of ownership in Central and Eastern European banks," Working Papers hal-01301825, HAL.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Zeng, Jhih-Hong, 2014. "Asymmetric effects of households’ financial participation on banking diversification," Journal of Financial Stability, Elsevier, vol. 13(C), pages 18-29.
- Lapteacru, Ion, 2017. "Market power and risk of Central and Eastern European banks: Does more powerful mean safer?," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 46-59.
- repec:spr:fininn:v:3:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1186_s40854-017-0069-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Sarah Sanya & Simon Wolfe, 2011. "Can Banks in Emerging Economies Benefit from Revenue Diversification?," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 40(1), pages 79-101, October.
- Ruthenberg, David & Landskroner, Yoram, 2008. "Loan pricing under Basel II in an imperfectly competitive banking market," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(12), pages 2725-2733, December.
- Goddard, John & McKillop, Donal & Wilson, John O.S., 2008. "The diversification and financial performance of US credit unions," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 32(9), pages 1836-1849, September.
- Molyneux Philip & Yip John, 2013. "Income diversification and performance of Islamic banks," Journal of Financial Management, Markets and Institutions, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 1, pages 47-66, January.
More about this item
KeywordsDiversification gains; efficient frontier; optimal portfolio; RAROCV—risk adjusted return on capital; VARV—value at risk;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jfsres:v:27:y:2005:i:1:p:27-49. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.