Commitment and excess capacity with licensing: an old debate with a new look
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1994.
"Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry:A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach,"
9411002, EconWPA, revised 14 Nov 1994.
- Dan Kovenock & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Beth Allen, 2000. "Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth approach," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 15(3), pages 501-530.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand-Edgeworth Approach," Purdue University Economics Working Papers 1062, Purdue University, Department of Economics.
- Allen, B. & Deneckere, R. & Faith, T. & Kovenock, D., 1994. "Capacity Precommitment as a Barrier to Entry: A Bertrand- Engeworth Approach," Papers 9483, Tilburg - Center for Economic Research.
- Beth Allen & Raymond Deneckere & Tom Faith & Dan Kovenock, 1995. "Capacity precommitment as a barrier to entry: a Bertrand-Edgeworth approach," Staff Report 187, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ghemawat, Pankaj, 1984. "Capacity Expansion in the Titanium Dioxide Industry," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(2), pages 145-63, December.
- Rockett, Katharine, 1990. "The quality of licensed technology," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 8(4), pages 559-574, December.
- Spulber, Daniel F, 1981. "Capacity, Output, and Sequential Entry," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 503-14, June.
- Lemley, Mark A. & Shapiro, Carl, 2004.
Competition Policy Center, Working Paper Series
qt9xf1488p, Competition Policy Center, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Ware, Roger, 1984. "Sunk Costs and Strategic Commitment: A Proposed Three-Stage Equilibrium," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 94(374), pages 370-78, June.
- Osborne, Martin J. & Pitchik, Carolyn, 1983.
"Cartels, Profits, and Excess Capacity,"
83-09, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Carl Davidson & Raymond Deneckere, 1984.
"Excess Capacity and Collusion,"
675, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Arijit Mukherjee, 2001. "Technology transfer with commitment," Economic Theory, Springer, vol. 17(2), pages 345-369.
- Jean-Pierre Benoit & Vijay Krishna, 1987. "Dynamic Duopoly: Prices and Quantities," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(1), pages 23-35.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & Balasubramanian, N., 2001.
"Technology transfer in a horizontally differentiated product market,"
Research in Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 257-274, September.
- Mukherjee, Arijit & N. Balasubramanian, 1999. "Technology transfer in a horizontal differentiated product market," Working Papers 99.4, Eindhoven Center for Innovation Studies.
- Basu, Kaushik & Singh, Nirvikar, 1990. "Entry-Deterrence in Stackelberg Perfect Equilibria," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 31(1), pages 61-71, February.
- Bulow, Jeremy & Geanakoplos, John & Klemperer, Paul, 1985. "Holding Idle Capacity to Deter Entry [The Role of Investment in Entry Deterrence]," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 95(377), pages 178-82, March.
- Poddar, S., 1998. "Capacity, Entry and Demand Uncertainty," Papers 148, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research-.
- Suzanne Scotchmer, 1991. "Standing on the Shoulders of Giants: Cumulative Research and the Patent Law," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 5(1), pages 29-41, Winter.
- Fershtman, C. & Gandal, N., 1991.
37-91, Tel Aviv.
- A. Michael Spence, 1977. "Entry, Capacity, Investment and Oligopolistic Pricing," Bell Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 8(2), pages 534-544, Autumn.
- Marchionatti, Roberto & Usai, Stefano, 1997. "Voluntary Export Restraints, Dumping and Excess Capacity," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(5), pages 499-512, December.
- Ware, Roger, 1985. "Inventory Holding as a Strategic Weapon to Deter Entry," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 52(205), pages 93-101, February.
- Brad Barham & Roger Ware, 1991.
"A Sequential Entry Model with Strategic Use of Excess Capacity,"
835, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Brad Barham & Roger Ware, 1993. "A Sequential Entry Model with Strategic Use of Excess Capacity," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 26(2), pages 286-98, May.
- Jack Robles, 2011. "Demand growth and strategically useful idle capacity," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 63(4), pages 767-786, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:103:y:2011:i:2:p:133-147. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.