Improving the “Leader–Follower” Relationship: Top Manager or Supervisor? The Ethical Leadership Trickle-Down Effect on Follower Job Response
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Cardona, Pablo, 2000. "Liderazgo relacional," IESE Research Papers D/412, IESE Business School.
- Arménio Rego & Neuza Ribeiro & Miguel Cunha, 2010. "Perceptions of Organizational Virtuousness and Happiness as Predictors of Organizational Citizenship Behaviors," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 93(2), pages 215-235, May.
- JS Armstrong & Terry Overton, 2005. "Estimating Nonresponse Bias in Mail Surveys," General Economics and Teaching 0502044, EconWPA.
- Ciulla, Joanne B., 1995. "Leadership Ethics: Mapping the Territory," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(01), pages 5-28, January.
- Anne Davis & Hannah Rothstein, 2006. "The Effects of the Perceived Behavioral Integrity of Managers on Employee Attitudes: A Meta-analysis," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 67(4), pages 407-419, September.
- Cardona, Pablo & S. Lawrence, Barbara & M. Bentler, Peter, 2003. "Influence of social and work exchange relationships on organizational citizenship behavior, The," IESE Research Papers D/497, IESE Business School.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pablo Ruiz-Palomino & Francisco Sáez-Martínez & Ricardo Martínez-Cañas, 2013. "Understanding Pay Satisfaction: Effects of Supervisor Ethical Leadership on Job Motivating Potential Influence," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 31-43, November.
- Yidong Tu & Xinxin Lu & Yue Yu, 2017. "Supervisors’ Ethical Leadership and Employee Job Satisfaction: A Social Cognitive Perspective," Journal of Happiness Studies, Springer, vol. 18(1), pages 229-245, February.
- Dave Bouckenooghe & Asma Zafar & Usman Raja, 2015. "How Ethical Leadership Shapes Employees’ Job Performance: The Mediating Roles of Goal Congruence and Psychological Capital," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 129(2), pages 251-264, June.
- K. Kacmar & Martha Andrews & Kenneth Harris & Bennett Tepper, 2013. "Ethical Leadership and Subordinate Outcomes: The Mediating Role of Organizational Politics and the Moderating Role of Political Skill," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 115(1), pages 33-44, June.
- Juliette Koning & Jeff Waistell, 2012. "Identity Talk of Aspirational Ethical Leaders," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 107(1), pages 65-77, April.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:146:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-017-3655-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Pastoriza & Miguel Ariño, 2013. "Does the Ethical Leadership of Supervisors Generate Internal Social Capital?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 118(1), pages 1-12, November.
- Chaim Letwin & David Wo & Robert Folger & Darryl Rice & Regina Taylor & Brendan Richard & Shannon Taylor, 2016. "The “Right” and the “Good” in Ethical Leadership: Implications for Supervisors’ Performance and Promotability Evaluations," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 137(4), pages 743-755, September.
- Q. Miao & A. Newman & J. Yu & L. Xu, 2013. "The Relationship Between Ethical Leadership and Unethical Pro-Organizational Behavior: Linear or Curvilinear Effects?," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 116(3), pages 641-653, September.
- Akanksha Bedi & Can M. Alpaslan & Sandy Green, 2016. "A Meta-analytic Review of Ethical Leadership Outcomes and Moderators," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 139(3), pages 517-536, December.
- Carole L. Jurkiewicz & Robert A. Giacalone, 2016. "Organizational Determinants of Ethical Dysfunctionality," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 136(1), pages 1-12, June.
- Alyson Byrne & Julian Barling & Kathryne Dupré, 2014. "Leader Apologies and Employee and Leader Well-Being," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 91-106, April.
- Yau-De Wang & Conna Yang, 2016. "How Appealing are Monetary Rewards in the Workplace? A Study of Ethical Leadership, Love of Money, Happiness, and Turnover Intention," Social Indicators Research: An International and Interdisciplinary Journal for Quality-of-Life Measurement, Springer, vol. 129(3), pages 1277-1290, December.
More about this item
Keywordsethics; job response; leadership; “leader–follower” relationship; trickle-down effect;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:99:y:2011:i:4:p:587-608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.