A Conceptual Framework for Constructing a Corruption Diffusion Index
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Oguzhan C. Dincer & Burak Gunalp, 2012. "Corruption And Income Inequality In The United States," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 30(2), pages 283-292, April.
- Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn, 2010.
"Is there a trade-off between income inequality and corruption? Evidence from Latin America,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 102-104, May.
- Stephen Dobson & Carlyn Ramlogan, 2009. "Is there a trade-off between income inequality and corruption? Evidence from Latin America," NBS Discussion Papers in Economics 2009/4, Economics, Nottingham Business School, Nottingham Trent University.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 2000.
"How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 82(1), pages 1-11, February.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," NBER Working Papers 6030, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shang-Jin Wei, 1997. "How Taxing is Corruption on International Investors?," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 63, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Stephen Knack & Philip Keefer, 1995. "Institutions And Economic Performance: Cross‐Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Measures," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 207-227, November.
- Al-Marhubi, Fahim A., 2000. "Corruption and inflation," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 66(2), pages 199-202, February.
- Gupta, Sanjeev & de Mello, Luiz & Sharan, Raju, 2001. "Corruption and military spending," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 17(4), pages 749-777, November.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & James Freeman, 2009.
"The Effect of Corruption on Investment Growth: Evidence from Firms in Latin America, Sub‐Saharan Africa, and Transition Countries,"
Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 13(2), pages 200-214, May.
- Elizabeth Asiedu & James Freeman, 2008. "The Effect of Corruption on Investment Growth: Evidence from Firms in Latin America, Sub-Saharan Africa and Transition Countries," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200802, University of Kansas, Department of Economics.
- Yaron Zelekha & Eyal Sharabi, 2012. "Corruption, institutions and trade," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 169-192, June.
- Jacob Wanjala Musila & Simon Pierre Sigué, 2010. "Corruption and International Trade: An Empirical Investigation of African Countries," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 33(1), pages 129-146, January.
- Knack, Stephen & Keefer, Philip, 1995. "Institutions and Economic Performance: Cross-Country Tests Using Alternative Institutional Indicators," MPRA Paper 23118, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Treisman, Daniel, 2000. "The causes of corruption: a cross-national study," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(3), pages 399-457, June.
- Nasr G. Elbahnasawy & Charles F. Revier, 2012. "The Determinants of Corruption: Cross-Country-Panel-Data Analysis," The Developing Economies, Institute of Developing Economies, vol. 50(4), pages 311-333, December.
- Jeanet Sinding Bentzen, 2012. "How Bad is Corruption? Cross‐country Evidence of the Impact of Corruption on Economic Prosperity," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 16(1), pages 167-184, February.
- C. C. Okeahalam & I. Bah, 1998. "Perceived Corruption and Investment in Sub‐Saharan Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 66(3), pages 176-186, September.
- Clara Delavallade, 2012.
"What Drives Corruption? Evidence from North African Firms,"
Journal of African Economies, Centre for the Study of African Economies (CSAE), vol. 21(4), pages 499-547, August.
- Clara Delavallade, 2011. "What Drives Corruption? Evidence from North African Firms," Working Papers 244, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Clara Delavallade, 2011. "What Drives Corruption? Evidence from North African Firms," SALDRU Working Papers 68, Southern Africa Labour and Development Research Unit, University of Cape Town.
- Toke S. Aidt, 2003. "Economic analysis of corruption: a survey," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(491), pages 632-652, November.
- Pranab Bardhan, 1997. "Corruption and Development: A Review of Issues," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 35(3), pages 1320-1346, September.
- Jain, Arvind K, 2001. "Corruption: A Review," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(1), pages 71-121, February.
- Olken, Benjamin A., 2009.
"Corruption perceptions vs. corruption reality,"
Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(7-8), pages 950-964, August.
- Benjamin A. Olken, 2006. "Corruption Perceptions vs. Corruption Reality," NBER Working Papers 12428, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Olken, Benjamin, 2007. "Corruption Perceptions vs. Corruption Reality," CEPR Discussion Papers 6272, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Benjamin Olken, 2006. "Corruption perceptions vs. corruption reality," Natural Field Experiments 00318, The Field Experiments Website.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Hamid Davoodi & Rosa Alonso-Terme, 2002. "Does corruption affect income inequality and poverty?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-45, March.
- Edgardo Campos, J. & Lien, Donald & Pradhan, Sanjay, 1999. "The Impact of Corruption on Investment: Predictability Matters," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(6), pages 1059-1067, June.
- Mauro, Paolo, 1998. "Corruption and the composition of government expenditure," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(2), pages 263-279, June.
- Rajeev K. Goel & Rati Ram, 2013. "Economic uncertainty and corruption: evidence from a large cross-country data set," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 45(24), pages 3462-3468, August.
- Paolo Mauro, 1995. "Corruption and Growth," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 110(3), pages 681-712.
- Hasim Akça & Ahmet Yilmaz Ata & Coskun Karaca, 2012. "Inflation and Corruption Relationship: Evidence from Panel Data in Developed and Developing Countries," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 281-295.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsCorruption perception index; Global corruption barometer; Corruption diffusion index; C8;
- C8 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:125:y:2014:i:1:p:1-9. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.