Is there a trade-off between income inequality and corruption? Evidence from Latin America
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn, 2010. "Is there a trade-off between income inequality and corruption? Evidence from Latin America," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 107(2), pages 102-104, May.
References listed on IDEAS
- Albanesi, Stefania, 2007.
"Inflation and inequality,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 54(4), pages 1088-1114, May.
- Stefania Albanesi, "undated". "Inflation and Inequality," Working Papers 199, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Albanesi, Stefania, 2002. "Inflation and Inequality," CEPR Discussion Papers 3470, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Stefania Albanesi, 2001. "Inflation and Inequality," LIS Working papers 323, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Stefania Albanesi, 2002. "Inflation and Inequality," Macroeconomics 0201002, EconWPA.
- Morley, Samuel A., 2000. "The effects of growth and economic reform on income distribution in Latin America," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), August.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong, 2002. "Corruption, economic growth, and income inequality in Africa," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(3), pages 183-209, November.
- Mattias Lundberg & Lyn Squire, 2003. "The simultaneous evolution of growth and inequality," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(487), pages 326-344, April.
- Alesina, Alberto & Angeletos, George-Marios, 2005.
"Corruption, inequality, and fairness,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 52(7), pages 1227-1244, October.
- Alberto Alesina & George-Marios Angeletos, 2005. "Corruption, Inequality and Fairness," Harvard Institute of Economic Research Working Papers 2070, Harvard - Institute of Economic Research.
- Alberto Alesina & George-Marios Angeletos, 2005. "Corruption, Inequality and Fairness," NBER Working Papers 11399, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Angeletos, George-Marios & Alesina, Alberto, 2005. "Corruption, Inequality, and Fairness," Scholarly Articles 4553006, Harvard University Department of Economics.
- Bourguignon, Francois & Morrisson, Christian, 1998. "Inequality and development: the role of dualism," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, pages 233-257.
- Kwabena Gyimah-Brempong & Samaria de Gyimah-Brempong, 2006. "Corruption, Growth, and Income Distribution: Are there Regional Differences?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 7(3), pages 245-269, August.
- Sanjeev Gupta & Hamid Davoodi & Rosa Alonso-Terme, 2002. "Does corruption affect income inequality and poverty?," Economics of Governance, Springer, vol. 3(1), pages 23-45, March.
- Barro, Robert J, 2000. "Inequality and Growth in a Panel of Countries," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 5(1), pages 5-32, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dimant, Eugen, 2014.
"The Antecedents and Effects of Corruption - A Reassessment of Current (Empirical) Findings,"
60947, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dimant, Eugen & Tosato, Guglielmo, 2017. "Causes and Effects of Corruption: What has Past Decade's Research Taught us? A Survey," MPRA Paper 76445, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Roy Cerqueti & Raffaella Coppier & Gustavo Piga, 2012.
"Corruption, growth and ethnic fractionalization: a theoretical model,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 106(2), pages 153-181, June.
- Roy Cerqueti & Raffaella Coppier & Gustavo Piga, 2011. "Corruption, Growth and Ethnic Fractionalization: a Theoretical Model," CEIS Research Paper 216, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 08 Nov 2011.
- Tomson Ogwang & Danny Cho, 2014. "A Conceptual Framework for Constructing a Corruption Diffusion Index," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 125(1), pages 1-9, November.
- Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn, 2012. "Why is Corruption Less Harmful to Income Inequality in Latin America?," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(8), pages 1534-1545.
- Jiancai Pi & Yu Zhou, 2015. "The impacts of corruption on wage inequality and rural–urban migration in developing countries," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, pages 753-768.
- Dobson, Stephen & Ramlogan-Dobson, Carlyn, 2012. "Inequality, corruption and the informal sector," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(1), pages 104-107.
More about this item
Keywordscorruption; Latin America; income inequality; instrumental variables; panel data.;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- O54 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Latin America; Caribbean
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbs:wpaper:2009/4. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Simeon Coleman). General contact details of provider: http://www.ntu.ac.uk/nbs .