The Firm as a “Community of Persons”: A Pillar of Humanistic Business Ethos
No abstract is available for this item.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 106 (2012)
Issue (Month): 1 (March)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.springer.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.springer.com/social+sciences/applied+ethics/journal/10551/PS2|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Brenkert, George G., 1992. "Freedom, Participation and Corporations: The Issue of Corporate (Economic) Democracy," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 251-269, July.
- Hector O. Rocha & Sumantra Ghoshal, 2006. "Beyond Self-Interest Revisited," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 585-619, 05.
- Ouchi, William, 1981. "Theory Z: How American business can meet the Japanese challenge," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 82-83.
- Hartman, Edwin M., 1994. "The Commons and the Moral Organization," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 253-269, July.
- Koehn, Daryl, 1995. "A Role for Virtue Ethics in the Analysis of Business Practice," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 533-539, July.
- Fort, Timothy L., 1996. "Business as Mediating Institution," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 149-163, April.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1995. "Knowledge, Market Failure and the Multinational Enterprise: A Reply," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 417-426, June.
- Freeman, R. Edward, 2000. "Business Ethics at the Millennium," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 169-180, January.
- Fort, Timothy L., 2000. "On Social Psychology, Business Ethics, and Corporate Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 725-733, July.
- Woller, Gary M., 1996. "Business ethics, society, and Adam Smith: Some observations on the liberal business ethos," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 311-332.
- Solomon, Robert C., 1994. "The Corporation as Community a Reply to Ed Hartman," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 271-285, July.
- Keeley, Michael, 1995. "Continuing the Social Contract Tradition," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 241-255, April.
- Freeman, R. Edward & Liedtka, Jeanne, 1991. "Corporate social responsibility: A critical approach," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 92-98.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:106:y:2012:i:1:p:89-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla)or (Rebekah McClure)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.