The Firm as a “Community of Persons”: A Pillar of Humanistic Business Ethos
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Jensen, Michael C. & Meckling, William H., 1976. "Theory of the firm: Managerial behavior, agency costs and ownership structure," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 3(4), pages 305-360, October.
- Brenkert, George G., 1992. "Freedom, Participation and Corporations: The Issue of Corporate (Economic) Democracy," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(03), pages 251-269, July.
- Hector O. Rocha & Sumantra Ghoshal, 2006. "Beyond Self-Interest Revisited," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 585-619, May.
- Ouchi, William, 1981. "Theory Z: How American business can meet the Japanese challenge," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 82-83.
- Hartman, Edwin M., 1994. "The Commons and the Moral Organization," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 253-269, July.
- Koehn, Daryl, 1995. "A Role for Virtue Ethics in the Analysis of Business Practice," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(03), pages 533-539, July.
- Fort, Timothy L., 1996. "Business as Mediating Institution," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 6(02), pages 149-163, April.
- Bruce Kogut & Udo Zander, 1995. "Knowledge, Market Failure and the Multinational Enterprise: A Reply," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(2), pages 417-426, June.
- Freeman, R. Edward, 2000. "Business Ethics at the Millennium," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(01), pages 169-180, January.
- Fort, Timothy L., 2000. "On Social Psychology, Business Ethics, and Corporate Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(03), pages 725-733, July.
- Woller, Gary M., 1996. "Business ethics, society, and Adam Smith: Some observations on the liberal business ethos," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 25(3), pages 311-332.
- Solomon, Robert C., 1994. "The Corporation as Community a Reply to Ed Hartman," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(03), pages 271-285, July.
- Keeley, Michael, 1995. "Continuing the Social Contract Tradition," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 5(02), pages 241-255, April.
- Freeman, R. Edward & Liedtka, Jeanne, 1991. "Corporate social responsibility: A critical approach," Business Horizons, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 92-98.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:144:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-016-3067-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michal A. Michalski, 2013. "Na dobre czy na zle? Wspolny kryzys a dobro wspolne/For Better or Worse? The Common Crisis and Common Good," Annales. Ethics in Economic Life, University of Lodz, Faculty of Economics and Sociology, vol. 16(1), pages 51-62, May.
- repec:kap:jbuset:v:143:y:2017:i:2:d:10.1007_s10551-015-2590-8 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
KeywordsAristotle; Business as a community; Business enterprise; Business ethos; Catholic Social Teaching; Corporation; Firm; Personalism;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jbuset:v:106:y:2012:i:1:p:89-101. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .